Actual rain, snow, sky-changing, dusk and dawn are all brought into your server from a JSON feed.
1. Weather is in real time.
HUD flickers centered. Console has more information.
2. Debugger user-friendliness.
3. Local weather and news.
4. Many bug fixes. IE| Day is day and night is night. No eclipse! General upkeep of code and port from BBC, to Y, to Open.
5. Open to projects for forking this further. This is a good base plugin designed to be re-used. Remember if I was worried about people copying it, this thread never would have been.
6. Validation and approval are completely unnecessary. Please just compile, download and enjoy.
say temp, weather, or climate.................|displays HUD and console weather feed
CS1.6 and equivalent engines:
say /mytemp....................................... |for your very own local temp
say /news......................................... ..|for local and International news
Weather is added to server on region of your choice. The default compile is Chicago. Time of day lighting conditions are brought into the Half-Life server of any mod. The portion that is CS1.6 and alike specific is the applied SIM. There are 3 modes: DRY, WET, and ICE. This means it is either raining, snowing, or not.
SPiNX Add your server here if you want tracked.
- City and state doesn't work on Openweathermap. A subscription limit exists but doubtful it will be breached as it only polls on map change. There will never be more than X per hour rate.
- Day and night is based off the server's actual real time. So if you pick US and server is in AU the time for sunset will be askew.
- Element stacking limits. We can do rain and fog with default sky but occasionally not all 3: rain, fog, and custom sky. I could use a hand on that later. Deleted the log of it.
- Half-life compatible. The satchel can't be triggered. There are no elements except sky, night, day, and feed. That is engine limit. Future work-around challenge
- customsky.amxx and other amazing skychanging programs need disabled for this one to work without interference. No mix and matching.
Very careful attention has been made since 2017 into assuring at noon the sun is on top and going down at night and so on.
Sky tuning I called it. The light phases are explained in English so others have a great base plugin to work with. Special thanks to EagleHamlet
who pointed out some things about programming
that forced me to stop using only pico, nano, and vi. And edon1337 for making very specific points.
Last but not least Ted
for leaving us some rugged code like botman.
The whole AMXMODX team
for leaving one hell of a structure to work with