Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[EXTENSION] CBaseServer (+ Detouring class) - Reserved Slots with 0 wasted slots

Post New Thread Reply   

Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 06-24-2011 , 15:00   Re: [EXTENSION] CBaseServer (+ Detouring class) - Reserved Slots with 0 wasted slots
Reply With Quote #841

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathcurse View Post
Any word of an update?
If this just needed to be recompiled against MMS 1.8.7 and SourceMod 1.3.8, that'd be one thing. Instead, the method this hooked has been changed substantially.

Valve is very bad about updating the HL2SDK even when they make breaking changes.

Therefore, it may or may not take a while... the server code likely needs to be reverse-engineered. Asherkin probably knows more about that than I do.
Old 06-24-2011 , 15:55   Re: [EXTENSION] CBaseServer (+ Detouring class) - Reserved Slots with 0 wasted slots
Reply With Quote #842

Can't wait till this is fixed, have so many people on the server and all my donators are whining that they can't get on
Old 06-24-2011 , 19:24   Re: [EXTENSION] CBaseServer (+ Detouring class) - Reserved Slots with 0 wasted slots
Reply With Quote #843

Damn, so I am not the only one having an issue after the update...
Veteran Member
Old 06-24-2011 , 23:53   Re: [EXTENSION] CBaseServer (+ Detouring class) - Reserved Slots with 0 wasted slots
Reply With Quote #844

Confirmed not working (as well as folks prolly already know).......but *sigh* let's hope it gets fixed soon
Nephyrin
SourceMod Donor
Old 06-25-2011 , 00:16   Re: [EXTENSION] CBaseServer (+ Detouring class) - Reserved Slots with 0 wasted slots
Reply With Quote #845

I'm not sure where all this p2p auth nonsense came from, the steam certificate structure just changed. I found* the new offset for the steamID in the struct, this patch *should* fix it, but I haven't tested it, as I have my own hacked up version.

*AKA asked drunkenf00l since I knew he'd have already found it

http://pastebin.com/5bC4YXGu
Attached Files
File Type: patch cbaseserver.patch (711 Bytes, 87 views)

Last edited by Nephyrin; 06-25-2011 at 00:22. Reason: added pastebin link
psychonic

BAFFLED
Old 06-25-2011 , 01:03   Re: [EXTENSION] CBaseServer (+ Detouring class) - Reserved Slots with 0 wasted slots
Reply With Quote #846

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nephyrin View Post
I'm not sure where all this p2p auth nonsense came from, the steam certificate structure just changed. I found* the new offset for the steamID in the struct, this patch *should* fix it, but I haven't tested it, as I have my own hacked up version.

*AKA asked drunkenf00l since I knew he'd have already found it

http://pastebin.com/5bC4YXGu
Thanks Neph. I hadn't had a chance to look into this yet. Definitely saved me some time.

New bins are attached.

Sometime I might just add the offset of the steamid to the gamedata file and maybe even fix or setup new autobuilds

Edit: Removed binaries. Use the files on the first post.

Last edited by psychonic; 06-25-2011 at 12:10.
Sazpaimon
Old 06-25-2011 , 01:41   Re: [EXTENSION] CBaseServer (+ Detouring class) - Reserved Slots with 0 wasted slots
Reply With Quote #847

Is it supposed to be working after this? I'm still getting an error:

L 06/25/2011 - 00:23:05: [SERVER] Could not locate ConnectClient - Disabling detour
[SM] Extension cbaseserver.ext.2.ep2v.so failed to load: Í@€ï¸
XTÁ
Nephyrin
SourceMod Donor
Old 06-25-2011 , 03:49   Re: [EXTENSION] CBaseServer (+ Detouring class) - Reserved Slots with 0 wasted slots
Reply With Quote #848

It seems like the signature changed, in which case a new sig is needed for cbaseserver.txt in gamedata. I don't have IDA installed or any windows servers so this is pretty much up to psychonic
asherkin
SourceMod Developer
Old 06-25-2011 , 08:43   Re: [EXTENSION] CBaseServer (+ Detouring class) - Reserved Slots with 0 wasted slots
Reply With Quote #849

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nephyrin View Post
I'm not sure where all this p2p auth nonsense came from, the steam certificate structure just changed.
Yeah, it "just" changed because it's now a P2P auth certificate rather than a client <-> server auth certificate. https://bitbucket.org/VoiDeD/steamre..._appticket.hsl
Old 06-25-2011 , 09:29   Re: [EXTENSION] CBaseServer (+ Detouring class) - Reserved Slots with 0 wasted slots
Reply With Quote #850

Does this work with l4d2? Do i still need the likes of LEFT12DEAD, Downtown and L4DToolz?