Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

[ZP] Open Project: Teaching Mathematics in CS 1.6 (Low Violence Mode)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
zmd94
Veteran Member
Old 08-06-2014 , 11:16   [ZP] Open Project: Teaching Mathematics in CS 1.6 (Low Violence Mode)
Reply With Quote #1

[ZP] Open Project:
Teaching Mathematics in CS 1.6

(Low Violence Mode)

Award:
Silver Award in Teaching Inovation Competition (State Level)

Just click here for above translation. ;)

I'm just want to share with all of you about a project that I'm involving now "Teaching Mathematics in CS 1.6". This project is using CS 1.6+ ZP Mod (ZP5.0).

So, basically what is this project?
Quote:
This project is actually for helping students to improve their mathematical skills especially in addition and subtraction of numbers.
How it works?
Quote:
In this game, all the players (students) will be given a water gun as a starting weapon. At each 20s, there will be a question whether about addition or subtraction. So, they have to answer the question to get points. Each correct aswer also will be given free ammo packs.
Quote:
In this game, ammo packs only can be recieved if you answer the question correctly. No ammo packs will be given for doing damaged or killed somebody.
What new!
Quote:
All of the player and weapon models have been fully modified so that it is more child friendly as this project is for primary school students.
Rules:
Quote:
a. Player: maximum 31 players (students) + 1 spectator (the teacher).
b. Rounds: 5 (5 minutes for each round).
c. etc.
How to play?

a. At the beginning:
1. Each player will be divided into two group, humans and zombies. The human will be given water gun as a weapon. The zombie will have an option to choose zombie classes:
Quote:
1. Genius Zombie
2. Lazy Zombie
3. Naughty Zombie
4. etc.
2. Then, at each 20s a mathematic question will be displayed to all players (students). So, they have to answer the question to get the points + ammo packs reward. If not, they can't buy the extra items.
b. In the game:
1. The players (students) must compete each others to get the highest points.

2. Besides that, they also must make sure that they don't die so quickly and survived until the end of the round. So that, they have a chance to answer many question.

3. If the player died, the cannot respawn for the round. He has to wait for the next round to play again.

4. The player can also know their points, ranks and the top points leader:
Quote:
1. Just say /mpoints to know your points.
2. Just say /mranks to know your rank.
3. Just say /mtop to open the scoreboard of points leader.
5. So, the ammo packs that they have can be used to buy ability and other extra items.
c. At the end:
1. After 5 rounds, the game will be stopped. The player (student) with the highest points will be announced. Then he will recieve a gift or present from the teacher.
Weapon:
Quote:
1. Water Gun for primay weapon.
2. Thinker Dota-II for secondary weapon.
3. Wooden Stick/ Magical Wand that will replace the knife.
4. Water Balloon that will replace the grenades.
Blood:
Quote:
The blood are colorful. It is for fun!
Language:
Quote:
For this project, I have fully modified and changed the CS 1.6 to use Malay language as this game is for Malaysian students. In the future, I will an option for English language.
To do list:
Quote:
Feel free to suggest anything, so that I can improve this project.
Quote:
In the future, this server will be open for public. So, we can have players from around the world.

A Math Competition can be held. Then the grand prize will be given to the winner.
Donation:

I'm glad if anyone would like to give me a favour. So that I can keep supporting and continuing this project. Just give your donation via paypal:
Picture A:

[Picture A] Translation:

1. [M1] Please solve this operation: 40-12. The fastest student that solved the problem will be awarded with bonus points.
2. [M1] Nobody has answered the question. The answer is: 28.
3. [M1] You have 21 points.
4. [M1] Fateh94, you have answered the question with the answer of 4 in 23 seconds. 7 points has been given.
5. [M1] Next question in 40 seconds.

Picture B:

[Picture B] Translation:

Please solve the given operation:
[8 - 4]

Just visit this page to see more pictures: https://forums.alliedmods.net/showpo...2&postcount=48

Last edited by zmd94; 10-12-2014 at 07:57.