Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

Another FastDL Issue

Post New Thread Reply   

FuZ!on
Old 10-24-2018 , 19:34   Another FastDL Issue
Reply With Quote #1

Just set up a new 1.6 server for giggles. Been trying to get FastDL setup but I keep getting the error of "Couldn't find map maps/xx_xxx.bsp, server will download the map"

Here are my settings:
Code:
sv_downloadurl "https://timzfastdlcs.000webhostapp.com/cstrike/"
sv_allowdownload 1
sv_allowupload 1
I've read through multiple threads on here saying make sure you can access the files via browser, etc. I've tried to follow everything but I'm not getting anything. Every time I change the map to where I need to download, it gives me the error.

I've tried on all the maps that are in there and get the same error message and it just downloads straight from the server.

For example, I change it to de_oc2 and get "Couldn't find map maps/de_oc2.bsp, server will download the map" but you can see de_oc2.bsp in the maps folder on my webhost.

Any help would be much appreciated.
fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 10-24-2018 , 21:37   Re: Another FastDL Issue
Reply With Quote #2

I doubt that the game supports HTTPS. Try HTTP. Also, most free websites strictly forbid this type of use so don't expect it to work perfectly (or at all).

Last edited by fysiks; 10-24-2018 at 21:38.
FuZ!on
Old 10-25-2018 , 08:55   Re: Another FastDL Issue
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by fysiks View Post
I doubt that the game supports HTTPS. Try HTTP. Also, most free websites strictly forbid this type of use so don't expect it to work perfectly (or at all).
Thanks for the response. I've tried it with also just dropping the HTTPS so it's just timzfastdlcs.000webhostapp.com/cstrike/ and it still didn't work. I'll try with just HTTP later today.

I do have a paid host but was having some permission issues (403 forbidden) with it so I'll try and figure that out and also test it there.
fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 10-25-2018 , 21:31   Re: Another FastDL Issue
Reply With Quote #4

Getting error 403 when viewing a folder is OK as long as you can browse directly to individual files.
Old 10-30-2018 , 18:08   Re: Another FastDL Issue
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuZ!on View Post
Thanks for the response. I've tried it with also just dropping the HTTPS so it's just timzfastdlcs.000webhostapp.com/cstrike/ and it still didn't work. I'll try with just HTTP later today.

I do have a paid host but was having some permission issues (403 forbidden) with it so I'll try and figure that out and also test it there.
your files are opening on browser instead of downloading, are you using a paid host for sure? free hosts don't allow to use as fastdl, if you are using paid, ask for support!

i have free fastdl, if you want you can use, you don't have access to ftp, but you can send me the files and i will upload them, + i already have lots of stuff there

Last edited by tarsisd2; 10-30-2018 at 18:10.