Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

Firing speed/reload speed attribute values not what they set to.

Post New Thread Reply   

WildCard65
Veteran Member
Old 08-26-2013 , 15:40   Firing speed/reload speed attribute values not what they set to.
Reply With Quote #1

Ok, I'm trying to make an uber rocket launcher for myself for my server and I'm using these two attributes:
6 and 97(firing speed and reload speed)
I set them to -0.25(cause there inverted percentages) but when I fire them ingame, it's like as if there a million times faster which is not good for the reload speed because it f***s up the reload animation and spams console with an error about the viewmodel.
so I'm wondering if it's something to do with this plugin or if it has to do with the game.
Note: Also the same when I made it in the giveweapons plugin.
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 08-26-2013 , 16:26   Re: Firing speed/reload speed attribute values not what they set to.
Reply With Quote #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildCard65 View Post
Ok, I'm trying to make an uber rocket launcher for myself for my server and I'm using these two attributes:
6 and 97(firing speed and reload speed)
I set them to -0.25(cause there inverted percentages) but when I fire them ingame, it's like as if there a million times faster which is not good for the reload speed because it f***s up the reload animation and spams console with an error about the viewmodel.
so I'm wondering if it's something to do with this plugin or if it has to do with the game.
Note: Also the same when I made it in the giveweapons plugin.
inverted percentage just means that the game displays them subtracted from 100% (with 1.0 being 100%). So, if you put 0.90, it would display "+10% faster reloading speed".

For instance, The Soda Popper has "Reload time decreased" set to 0.75 and it reloads 25% faster.

The important thing is actually the class which describes what it's actually doing. "Reload time decreased" and "Reload time increased" have the same class (mult_reload_time) because they take the same values, they just display them differently. In this case, it multiplies the reload time by the attribute's value... and multiplying by values between 0 and 1 (exclusive) makes it smaller.

Incidentally, this is why hidden attributes don't have both negative and positive versions... it's redundant. For instance, the Huntsman uses "hidden primary max ammo bonus" set to 0.5, which halves its ammo (from 26 to 13).

Last edited by Powerlord; 08-26-2013 at 16:37.
Old 08-26-2013, 16:29
Taz532
This message has been deleted by Taz532. Reason: Powerlord is faster and probably knows better :p
WildCard65
Veteran Member
Old 08-27-2013 , 12:44   Re: Firing speed/reload speed attribute values not what they set to.
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerlord View Post
inverted percentage just means that the game displays them subtracted from 100% (with 1.0 being 100%). So, if you put 0.90, it would display "+10% faster reloading speed".

For instance, The Soda Popper has "Reload time decreased" set to 0.75 and it reloads 25% faster.

The important thing is actually the class which describes what it's actually doing. "Reload time decreased" and "Reload time increased" have the same class (mult_reload_time) because they take the same values, they just display them differently. In this case, it multiplies the reload time by the attribute's value... and multiplying by values between 0 and 1 (exclusive) makes it smaller.

Incidentally, this is why hidden attributes don't have both negative and positive versions... it's redundant. For instance, the Huntsman uses "hidden primary max ammo bonus" set to 0.5, which halves its ammo (from 26 to 13).
So putting a 2 will make it 2x faster?
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 08-27-2013 , 14:11   Re: Firing speed/reload speed attribute values not what they set to.
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildCard65 View Post
So putting a 2 will make it 2x faster?
2 would make it 2x slower.
I think setting it to 0.01 (1.99 times faster) is the closest you're going to get to 2x without causing the game to treat it as instant reload.

Last edited by Powerlord; 08-27-2013 at 14:11.