Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

HLDS not working

Post New Thread Reply   

BorrahDanikls
Old 12-29-2022 , 05:33   HLDS not working
Reply With Quote #1

I just installed Half-Life Dedicated Server with SteamCMD and wanted to make a CS 1.6 online server (not lan). When I double-click hlds.exe the menu pops up and when I click "Start Server" another box saying "Starting dedicated server..." pops up but then disappears and nothing happens. Does anyone have a solid fix?
AllMassive
Old 12-29-2022 , 06:19   Re: HLDS not working
Reply With Quote #2

hmmmmm
GlobalPlague
Old 01-02-2023 , 04:02   Re: HLDS not working
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BorrahDanikls View Post
I just installed Half-Life Dedicated Server with SteamCMD and wanted to make a CS 1.6 online server (not lan). When I double-click hlds.exe the menu pops up and when I click "Start Server" another box saying "Starting dedicated server..." pops up but then disappears and nothing happens. Does anyone have a solid fix?
The explanation you provided is scarce and i can't know what exactly causes the problem.

What OS do you use? It may has compatibility issues. Does the HLDS application crashes or just stops working? There is a difference.

Try using Compatibility mode for Windows 7 or Windows XP, because those software applications were initially created for older Windows operating systems; after all we are talking about a 20+ years old game!

You should also use the "Run compatibility shooter" option.

If nothing works, then i may send you my HLDS app i use since 2012? My file is also legit - i have the legit copy of the game. I use Windows 10 and HLDS works just fine. I don't know what would cause the problem in your case.

Last edited by GlobalPlague; 01-02-2023 at 04:08.
rx1983
Old 01-17-2023 , 19:19   Re: HLDS not working
Reply With Quote #4

steamcmd is bug ...

use
Code:
app set_config 90 mod cstrike
app_update 90 validate
Old 01-17-2023 , 19:31   Re: HLDS not working
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlobalPlague View Post
The explanation you provided is scarce and i can't know what exactly causes the problem.

What OS do you use? It may has compatibility issues. Does the HLDS application crashes or just stops working? There is a difference.

Try using Compatibility mode for Windows 7 or Windows XP, because those software applications were initially created for older Windows operating systems; after all we are talking about a 20+ years old game!

You should also use the "Run compatibility shooter" option.

If nothing works, then i may send you my HLDS app i use since 2012? My file is also legit - i have the legit copy of the game. I use Windows 10 and HLDS works just fine. I don't know what would cause the problem in your case.
não existe problema de compatibilidade w10

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	teste.jpg
Views:	200
Size:	72.5 KB
ID:	199114