Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

TF2Items - Items with custom attributes.

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

jouva
Old 01-17-2011 , 19:17   Re: TF2Items - Items with custom attributes.

"Baseball" as in the Sandman's baseball or are you speaking of the generic non-unlockable bat itself? And what kind of watch?

If you're editing BASE weapons (the weapons all players have with an empty backpack), make sure you're not changing the quality from Normal to something else (though I do believe this issue was fixed). Also make sure you don't have a bad config file.
WaitWut
Old 01-17-2011 , 19:42   Re: TF2Items - Items with custom attributes.

i haven't tried to edit specific weapons, only all for certain groups/players.

Code:
    "*" //Group A
    {

"*"
        {

"admin-flags"    "a"
    "1"                "4 ; 100"
    "2"                "6 ; 0.50"
    "3"                "134 ; 19"

}
    }
thats only small portion of config, it works in game. but some weapons just wont function properly.
jouva
Old 01-17-2011 , 19:44   Re: TF2Items - Items with custom attributes.

It might have something to do with attempting to increase the clip size of melee weapons.
WaitWut
Old 01-17-2011 , 19:46   Re: TF2Items - Items with custom attributes.

anyway to exclude it from effecting melee weapon?
asherkin
SourceMod Developer
Old 01-17-2011 , 19:56   Re: TF2Items - Items with custom attributes.

You need to include
Code:
"preserve-attributes" "1"
in the weapon block.
Or you are overwriting the default attributes as well.
Old 01-19-2011 , 01:49   Re: TF2Items - Items with custom attributes.

Asherkinnnn.

Got a question that's kinda related to Sarge's plugin, but I figure here would be the better place to ask.

I've been trying to jury-rig some sort of way to get Sarge's Give Weapon plugin to allow me to "give" hats.

I know this much information about slots, and how they're numbered in Sarge's plugin:

0 = Primary
1 = Secondary
2 = Melee
3 = Spy Disguise Kit goes here
4 = Builda PDA?
5 = Destroy PDA?

But what would the slot # for "Misc" or "Hat" be?
jouva
Old 01-19-2011 , 01:51   Re: TF2Items - Items with custom attributes.

No.

No. No. No. NO NO NO.

DO NOT TRY TO GIVE YOURSELF HATS. EVER. Valve has already made their stance on this very well known. They allowed the community to use a work around due to them breaking the ability for sourcemod to equip items such as hats and make them visible to other players, and can very easily break this work around.

Giving yourself hats will encourage them to do so.
thatdarnkid
BANNED
Old 01-19-2011 , 01:58   Re: TF2Items - Items with custom attributes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jouva View Post
No.

No. No. No. NO NO NO.

DO NOT TRY TO GIVE YOURSELF HATS. EVER. Valve has already made their stance on this very well known. They allowed the community to use a work around due to them breaking the ability for sourcemod to equip items such as hats and make them visible to other players, and can very easily break this work around.

Giving yourself hats will encourage them to do so.
Ahh. Alrighty lol. I tried using slot 3 for Cheater's Lament.....temporarily crashed my server.

Tried slots 5 and 6, the sm_giveweapon_ex command didn't work for the ID I had set the hat to.

So I gave up If I had gotten it to work, the hats would NOT have been permanent (as in in my backpack). It'd be just for show.

Besides, if I want to allow donators on my server to give themselves hats while they're on my server, I'd either:

1. Download that equipment manager plugin and look into modifying the code to use MDL files of actual hats
2. Use the Premium Mod v1.14 plugin (made by Noodleboy347, newer update in the works from myself) and modify the !glow command to use a hat model instead of a particle effect.

....then again, I'm abit too lazy to do either of those.

Last edited by thatdarnkid; 01-19-2011 at 02:04.
jouva
Old 01-19-2011 , 02:03   Re: TF2Items - Items with custom attributes.

I'm aware they wouldn't be permanent. As is Valve. And they still had issue with that very idea.

Also the plugin you talk about (and the workaround to make it work these days) specifically BLACKLIST the official Valve hats. Only custom hats (ones made by community members that have not been accepted by Valve to be officially in the game) will work and not make Valve kick us in the groin.

Also FYI I believe hats aren't a slot. They're wearables. So this plugin won't do any good. And I believe slot 6 is for buildable.
thatdarnkid
BANNED
Old 01-19-2011 , 02:05   Re: TF2Items - Items with custom attributes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jouva View Post
I'm aware they wouldn't be permanent. As is Valve. And they still had issue with that very idea.

Also the plugin you talk about (and the workaround to make it work these days) specifically BLACKLIST the official Valve hats. Only custom hats (ones made by community members that have not been accepted by Valve to be officially in the game) will work and not make Valve kick us in the groin.

Also FYI I believe hats aren't a slot. They're wearables. So this plugin won't do any good. And I believe slot 6 is for buildable.
(Updated my post above with the following: )

Quote:
Besides, if I want to allow donators on my server to give themselves hats while they're on my server, I'd either:

1. Download that equipment manager plugin and look into modifying the code to use MDL files of actual hats
2. Use the Premium Mod v1.14 plugin (made by Noodleboy347, newer update in the works from myself) and modify the !glow command to use a hat model instead of a particle effect.

....then again, I'm abit too lazy to do either of those.
Closed Thread