Raised This Month: $153 Target: $400
 38% 

Borderline idea


Post New Thread Reply   
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Author Message
Arkarr
Veteran Member
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Just behind my PC screen
Old 10-09-2019 , 10:35   Borderline idea
Reply With Quote #1

Hi,

I have a idea for a plugin, but I am not sure if it will comply with the rules.
Who should I contact to share the plugin idea ?

Can I directly post it here ?
__________________
Want to show support ?
Want to check my plugins ?
Total donation count : 330,98 ChF.- (in 3+ years)
Arkarr is offline
8guawong
AlliedModders Donor
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: BlackMarke7
Old 10-09-2019 , 11:16   Re: Borderline idea
Reply With Quote #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkarr View Post
Hi,

I have a idea for a plugin, but I am not sure if it will comply with the rules.
Who should I contact to share the plugin idea ?

Can I directly post it here ?
its just an idea
i'm sure its fine to post the idea
if you do post the plugin and it breaks rules then it'll just be moved toe unapproved or trashed

so i would love to hear your idea
__________________
8guawong is offline
Arkarr
Veteran Member
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Just behind my PC screen
Old 10-09-2019 , 11:27   Re: Borderline idea
Reply With Quote #3

Well, it's not my idea, but someone asked me to do it.

This is how it should work :

Imagine having multiple servers. Someone on the server trade an item with ASteambot and then have the possibility to "roll the dice" (a command generating a random number from X to Y).

The player with the highest number win all the items or something like that.

So.... It's gambling and therefor banned ?
__________________
Want to show support ?
Want to check my plugins ?
Total donation count : 330,98 ChF.- (in 3+ years)
Arkarr is offline
Mitchell
~lick~
Join Date: Mar 2010
Old 10-09-2019 , 12:23   Re: Borderline idea
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkarr View Post
Well, it's not my idea, but someone asked me to do it.

This is how it should work :

Imagine having multiple servers. Someone on the server trade an item with ASteambot and then have the possibility to "roll the dice" (a command generating a random number from X to Y).

The player with the highest number win all the items or something like that.

So.... It's gambling and therefor banned ?
You would most likely be jumping into something that would need a lot of infrastructure to support that, even if it is a small scale project for 1 server. The main issue is that last I heard gambling sites have been getting their bots frozen and potentially getting their bots banned with thousands of dollars worth of items on them. I'm not sure if that is still something that's going on but you should be concerned that you could screw over your player base trying to do something like this.
__________________
Mitchell is offline
Arkarr
Veteran Member
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Just behind my PC screen
Old 10-09-2019 , 16:59   Re: Borderline idea
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchell View Post
You would most likely be jumping into something that would need a lot of infrastructure to support that, even if it is a small scale project for 1 server. The main issue is that last I heard gambling sites have been getting their bots frozen and potentially getting their bots banned with thousands of dollars worth of items on them. I'm not sure if that is still something that's going on but you should be concerned that you could screw over your player base trying to do something like this.
Make perfect sense, thanks.
__________________
Want to show support ?
Want to check my plugins ?
Total donation count : 330,98 ChF.- (in 3+ years)
Arkarr is offline
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 15:34.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Theme made by Freecode