Post New Thread Reply   

EKS
Veteran Member
Old 07-12-2007 , 02:03   Re: Basic Admin Plugin
Reply With Quote #911

Quote:
BAT 1.5.0 Beta 4
- Added: bat_sigscanner to enable / disable use of Sig scanner
- Added: Fallback on ClientCommand on slay/kill if sig scanner failed ( Guess what mod this happend on)
- Added: Portuguese translation thanks to: sting
- Fixed: Code flow problem in internal "task system" , that would make the following things fail at times: Timed mapchange,public messages and Center say in CS be very short lived
- Fixed: Executing map spesfic config files
From this point onwords id recommend ppl use the beta instead of 1.4.x stable
Offcourse test it a bit before you fire it up on public server.
Veteran Member
Old 07-12-2007 , 02:05   Re: Basic Admin Plugin
Reply With Quote #912

Quote:
Originally Posted by QwertyAccess View Post
EKS is there any way we can get a vote percentage ratio cvar for rockthevote? It seems that we need to have the entire server to say the command to get a vote going.
No its 50% , but code flow problem could have made it feel like that. Basicly everyone has 3minutes to decided if they want a map vote.
But if everyone says they want a vote before this time is up it shows the vote at once.
Old 07-12-2007 , 12:35   Re: Basic Admin Plugin
Reply With Quote #913

admin chat is not working for me in css when using @ in the say box for normal say or team say: it just displays my name but not the message. In addition, there does not seem to be any difference between "@" and "@@". both show as an admin_csay (center screen message).
However one way to make it work is to follow the @ signs with a single double quote (") and by doing that the message *will* appear but it appears appended by a pair of double quotes, as in --> nick - <message>""

Messaging works fine if I type the message in the console using say and say_team or using the admin_say, admin_chat provided by bat. There is still however, no difference between @ and @@ even with this method.
sixcentgeorge
Old 07-12-2007 , 13:22   Re: Basic Admin Plugin
Reply With Quote #914

i tested 1.5.b4 with linux server latest engine and CSS .
at starting i have error lines :
Section [Scenes]: 0 ressources ... // not error
07/12/2007 - 13...- ERROR: failed to find the server module . plugin will not function properly
07/12/2007 - 13...- There was error reading the BAT translation file

when i look at server in lan tab , i see a server with 3 slots , while i use maxplayers 8 , sourcetv and 4 bots in fill mode . so before i saw 5/8 ; i would like to know if it can show it this way .

kernel is 2.6 . what to do ? i have 0 admin , bat_interface 0 , bat_sigscanner 0 , bat_languageoptimize 0 .
EKS
Veteran Member
Old 07-13-2007 , 00:10   Re: Basic Admin Plugin
Reply With Quote #915

Quote:
BAT 1.5.0 Beta 5
- Fixed: Say parsing for say commands on mods that dont need a custom parser ( IE all but insurgensy and empires) - Reported by feroxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by feroxy View Post
admin chat is not working for me in css when using @ in the say box for normal say or team say: it just displays my name but not the message. In addition, there does not seem to be any difference between "@" and "@@". both show as an admin_csay (center screen message).
However one way to make it work is to follow the @ signs with a single double quote (") and by doing that the message *will* appear but it appears appended by a pair of double quotes, as in --> nick - <message>""

Messaging works fine if I type the message in the console using say and say_team or using the admin_say, admin_chat provided by bat. There is still however, no difference between @ and @@ even with this method.
Thx fixed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixcentgeorge View Post
i tested 1.5.b4 with linux server latest engine and CSS .
at starting i have error lines :
Section [Scenes]: 0 ressources ... // not error
07/12/2007 - 13...- ERROR: failed to find the server module . plugin will not function properly
07/12/2007 - 13...- There was error reading the BAT translation file

when i look at server in lan tab , i see a server with 3 slots , while i use maxplayers 8 , sourcetv and 4 bots in fill mode . so before i saw 5/8 ; i would like to know if it can show it this way .

kernel is 2.6 . what to do ? i have 0 admin , bat_interface 0 , bat_sigscanner 0 , bat_languageoptimize 0 .
Thats very odd, the error message your saying it prints is for windows, but your saying you run linux. Any other ppl on nix getting simular errors running 1.5.0 B4 or above?
Old 07-13-2007 , 02:55   Re: Basic Admin Plugin
Reply With Quote #916

Hi EKS,

I don't know if it is this plugin or SourceMM. But when I was experiencing frequent crashes on my server on Zombie Master when I had the plugin and SourceMM loaded, I ran the server without and it ran for hours on end.

Also, could you add a feature to randomise the startup map? I done a similar thing with AMXModX, but I have no experiencing writing plugins for SourceMM.

Mine worked by loading the initial map by default, then my plugin would kick-in randomise a map from mapcycle.txt and then load it. It worked pretty well and would be a great feature to be added into here (with the option to turn it off).

Thanks.

PS: It isn't necessarily a "crash" more like a freeze, srcds.exe takes up the one core of my servers CPU and everyone times out and cant reconnect.

Last edited by DataMatrix; 07-13-2007 at 02:58.
Send a message via MSN to DataMatrix
EKS
Veteran Member
Old 07-13-2007 , 04:07   Re: Basic Admin Plugin
Reply With Quote #917

Quote:
Originally Posted by DataMatrix View Post
Hi EKS,

I don't know if it is this plugin or SourceMM. But when I was experiencing frequent crashes on my server on Zombie Master when I had the plugin and SourceMM loaded, I ran the server without and it ran for hours on end.

Also, could you add a feature to randomise the startup map? I done a similar thing with AMXModX, but I have no experiencing writing plugins for SourceMM.

Mine worked by loading the initial map by default, then my plugin would kick-in randomise a map from mapcycle.txt and then load it. It worked pretty well and would be a great feature to be added into here (with the option to turn it off).

Thanks.

PS: It isn't necessarily a "crash" more like a freeze, srcds.exe takes up the one core of my servers CPU and everyone times out and cant reconnect.
I cant rememeber the last time BAT had a infinite loop bug, ( ie uses 100% cpu ) but offcourse its posible BAT had / has one. Again i cant fix things nobody reports.
Regarding random map, there is a secret command in bat called ( not joking, not documented anywhere) admin_loadrandomlevel in server console. But i havent found ( nor tried that much either) to make the command work from server startup. Basicly i want the ability for make the server start on a random map in the mapcycle, but havent found a good way yet.
Old 07-13-2007 , 05:52   Re: Basic Admin Plugin
Reply With Quote #918

Thanks for the fast reply, also people are trying to votekick and voteban even when the bat_publicvotecommands is set to 3, it doesn't respond.

Perhaps BAT isn't fully compatible with Zombie Master? (which could be causing the loop bug).

Edit: Somethign else that would be nice would be the ability to change how many people need to vote to change the map... e.g. a certain percent need to RTV, etc...

Last edited by DataMatrix; 07-13-2007 at 07:15.
Send a message via MSN to DataMatrix
Rebel
Old 07-13-2007 , 08:28   Re: Basic Admin Plugin
Reply With Quote #919

hi EKS,

when are you planning to add something to block votekick spammers. It would be perfect if BAT could show the name of who starts a votekick. And a 2 min delay between consecutive votes as well.
Lindgren
Old 07-13-2007 , 16:23   Re: Basic Admin Plugin
Reply With Quote #920

Quote:
@Lindgren
Changing without killing is BAD and risky. Il consider adding wait untill end of round ( But i do dislike mod spesfic code) but it would still kill the guy.
Ok, could you maybe put in a cvar or a option to keep people alive when they change team? Otherwise i think it can be a ugly experience evening out teams. But i donīt understand what you mean with bad and risky.
Send a message via MSN to Lindgren