12% 

[L4D2] "The Passing" bugs

Post New Thread Reply   

mathilde
Old 02-10-2020 , 14:02   [L4D2] "The Passing" bugs
Reply With Quote #1

This is on single player, realism

1. Francis cutscene
At campaign start, when Francis is the one who chats with survivors, bots will guide you through the lawn/park but then they stop moving/advancing upon your first building entry. They're now on a standstill.
Doesn't happen when Zoey's the one who chats with them.

SOLVED - This one is cause by 200IQBots_FlyYouFools plugin. Figured out bots stop when there's a tank (nearby) event that's bout to happen.

2. Pistol replaced by gas can that can't be picked up
Campaign start, again. Survivors usually have four medkits, 2 melee weapons on the ground and pistol on top of the trunk of jimmy gibbs' car. There are times when there's no pistol, but a single gas can beside the bumper instead. It's unusable but the bots keep picking it up thinking it's the pistol.
So they just stand there with their repetitive picking up animation not following you anymore.

SOLVED -
Quote:
Originally Posted by xZk View Post
this happens almost always when I know when modifying melee weapons in: "WeaponType" "pistol", if you are modifying that through this Mission and Weapons - Info Editor, I recommend removing "WeaponType" in all weapons and test this if even you want to continue using those weapons while being incapped

Last edited by mathilde; 02-13-2020 at 22:32.
cravenge
Veteran Member
Old 02-11-2020 , 06:30   Re: [L4D2] "The Passing" bugs
Reply With Quote #2

1. There's an entity in the first map that gets rid of Francis whether he's on Survivors or L4D1 teams. You can remove it with Stripper.

2. I have never encountered such a thing throughout the whole time I played L4D2. It must be a plugin responsible for producing said "bug".
mathilde
Old 02-11-2020 , 10:10   Re: [L4D2] "The Passing" bugs
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
2. I have never encountered such a thing throughout the whole time I played L4D2. It must be a plugin responsible for producing said "bug".
Not a big deal if it's just one survivor that's glued to the car. I just bot select then make him follow the others. What's dumb, though is when the three of them are enchanted by the gas can.

Off topic: My very first plugin was grenade throwing bots. Not working anymore, though

Last edited by mathilde; 02-11-2020 at 10:18.
Marttt
Veteran Member
Old 02-11-2020 , 15:00   Re: [L4D2] "The Passing" bugs
Reply With Quote #4

You are getting some weird bugs, I play this for a long time and neither saw this kind of bugs.

But to the 1st topic, do as cravenge said, try to remove francis with Stripper

You can check some info here , is an old dump file but you will see that there is an entity called "francis".

Here is some of then:

"targetname" "francis"
"targetname" "francis_start"

Try to remove each one (with stripper) and check if it "fixes" it.

And about the 2nd, seems more like that the pistol is being replaced by another plugin.
Try to use a vanilla server (without plugins) and check if this weird behavior occurs.

Last edited by Marttt; 02-11-2020 at 17:09.
xZk
Old 02-11-2020 , 16:19   Re: [L4D2] "The Passing" bugs
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathilde View Post
2. Pistol replaced by gas can that can't be picked up
this happens almost always when I know when modifying melee weapons in: "WeaponType" "pistol", if you are modifying that through this Mission and Weapons - Info Editor, I recommend removing "WeaponType" in all weapons and test this if even you want to continue using those weapons while being incapped

Last edited by xZk; 02-11-2020 at 16:20.
mathilde
Old 02-12-2020 , 08:57   Re: [L4D2] "The Passing" bugs
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
But to the 1st topic, do as cravenge said, try to remove francis with Stripper
I actually use stripper (character manager plugin). Anyway, solved already. Culprit was 200IQBots_FlyYouFools.

Quote:
this happens almost always when I know when modifying melee weapons in: "WeaponType" "pistol",
Yes, I modified all melee weapons to pistol type through vpk files not silvers' plugin. Haha. Oh my god.
So your idea is to put them back to default then just use incapped weapons?
*bug #2 doesn't happen all the time. maybe 2 in 7 campaign starts.
xZk
Old 02-12-2020 , 15:59   Re: [L4D2] "The Passing" bugs
Reply With Quote #7

yes, it is not a definitive solution but the best I could achieve if you still want to keep those weapons while being incapped, if not just remove the vpk and problem solved xd
mathilde
Old 02-13-2020 , 06:26   Re: [L4D2] "The Passing" bugs
Reply With Quote #8

@xZk
Seems like your probable solution worked but incapped weapons is not working. I have no l4d_info_editor_weapons.cfg from Mission & weapons info editor btw. When incapped with melee, no weapon is showing, can't use primary weapon(slot 1) & throwables(slot 3).

Could it be because plugin only runs in dedicated servers?

Last edited by mathilde; 02-13-2020 at 06:43.
xZk
Old 02-13-2020 , 15:13   Re: [L4D2] "The Passing" bugs
Reply With Quote #9

yes, due to the required plugin, which is now only supported dedicated servers, sorry i can not do much to help you if you are using listen server :/
mathilde
Old 02-13-2020 , 22:30   Re: [L4D2] "The Passing" bugs
Reply With Quote #10

It's ok. Just reverted to my old vpk weapon info edits. Not that much of a bother. I'll mark this thread, solved.