Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

xREDIRECT - server redirect menu

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

xOR
Veteran Member
Old 06-11-2007 , 13:30   Re: xREDIRECT - server redirect menu

the stable has a known problem with 32 slot servers. it is fixed in the actual beta version.
don't over-interpret the term "stable" in this context. it just means that this error has not been found for weeks and weeks, probably no one had the constellation 32 slot server + automatic redirection + reading his logs so noone noticed. nevertheless we found it some days ago and it is fixed since RC3. so in your case the RC might be more stable than 0.9.1. of course this might pull other problems onto your server. you might also consider just waiting until 1.0 is released. RC3 has known errors and RC4, having these errors fixed, is not released officially until now for i am still alpha testing it on my own server.

however, the biggest problem of RC3 was only visible with redirect_check_method 0 - if you use this option with 1 or 2 you should be fine with it for the time being.
Veteran Member
Old 06-11-2007 , 13:48   Re: xREDIRECT - server redirect menu

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidKendude View Post
Hm... my options are grayed out...

Do I need to add
noauto=1
nomanual=1
nodisplay=0

In the .ini file?

Also, is their a way that it can show how many players are in a server next to the servers name?
i don't know what i can say more:
Quote:
Originally Posted by xOR View Post
after that you have forbidden manual (nomanual=1) and automatic (noauto=1) redirection to zombie server.
nomanual=1 forbids manual redirection to this server...so...you can't have yourself redirected there...so...it is displayed grey in the menu to show people "you can't redirect here". remove this line and this with noauto=1 and redirecting there is possible and not grey anymore.

with redirect_manual 2 or 3 you will also be able to see the reason why redirection to a server is not possible. you might consider setting this to 2/3 at least to check what prevents redirection from being possible.
Old 06-11-2007 , 23:31   Re: xREDIRECT - server redirect menu

I cant believe you didnt make an instruction manual for installation of this and its so much more advanced than other plugins. Lame im going to use a simple one. Not everyone is a coder. Wth is a .inc O.o
Mordekay
Squirrel of Fortune
Old 06-12-2007 , 05:28   Re: xREDIRECT - server redirect menu

I'm not a coder and had this plugin installed on 4 servers within 20 minutes (where 15 minutes was reading of the instructions).
What did i do wrong what you did correct?

storm1811
Old 06-13-2007 , 05:12   Re: xREDIRECT - server redirect menu

Ive goit it all working

Quote:
10:034 L 06/13/2007 - 02:03:15: [serverredirect.amxx] Loaded server Ax11 32 Player Server (217.146.93.5:27016)
10:034 L 06/13/2007 - 02:03:15: [serverredirect.amxx] Loaded server Ax11 24 Player Server (77.74.196.202:27016)
Except when I type /server nothing shows up at all. I've read the original post but i get lost on some things. ive set redirect_manual to 1

Do i need to supply any more info?
xOR
Veteran Member
Old 06-13-2007 , 14:06   Re: xREDIRECT - server redirect menu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devin Rhode View Post
I cant believe you didnt make an instruction manual for installation of this and its so much more advanced than other plugins. Lame im going to use a simple one. Not everyone is a coder. Wth is a .inc O.o
it's a non-simple plugin for non-simple people who want more than only some simple features. if this is not what you want, that's ok. but then leaving a message like this in every plugin you don't want is a little stupid, isn't it? just don't use it.
for those who want to use it:
  • put the .amxx file in your plugins folder, as you have to do for all other plugins
  • put a line for it in your plugins.ini, as you have to do for all other plugins
  • set the CVARs (all documented in the description) in your amxx.cfg, as you have to do for all other plugins
  • save the language file you want in /data/lang, as you have to do for all other multi language plugins - also the readme contained in the .zip explains which you have to choose and again where to put it
  • create a serverlist.ini - every available option is documented and there is an example for such a file - also the documentation says where to put it
  • you only need the .inc file when compiling a plugin that uses features from xREDIRECT - such a plugin would have told you about it needing this file

include files are nothing that i invented, other plugins use them as well. also you installed those for the default plugin when you installed AMXX. they belong to how code inclusion in AMXX is handled, so you can read the AMXX documentation to find out more about it. if this does not answer your questions or is incomplete...well...what do you blame me? tell the people who made this documentation.
if in doubt searching for .inc files in your current AMXX installation would have shown you that they are all in /scripting/include and just putting this there as well would not have done any harm.
also using the forum search with the term "serverredirect.inc" and set the result options to "view results by posts" would have returned 4 results, the last of it being this.
but what am i telling this to a person who obviously can't help himself, not even when this only would mean asking politely.

the plugin is running on 500 servers, it can't be too difficult to install. for questions arising you got this thread here. you remind me a little bit of this. not having someone like you as user of the plugin is a bless, thank you for using something else, it saves me much time to care about people who are worth being helped - like, until now, every one else but you was.

@storm1811:
did you set redirect_active 1? if this is not the problem i'd need to see your other CVARs as well.
Old 06-13-2007 , 20:55   Re: xREDIRECT - server redirect menu

Quote:
Originally Posted by xOR View Post
it's a non-simple plugin for non-simple people who want more than only some simple features. if this is not what you want, that's ok. but then leaving a message like this in every plugin you don't want is a little stupid, isn't it? just don't use it.
for those who want to use it:
  • put the .amxx file in your plugins folder, as you have to do for all other plugins
  • put a line for it in your plugins.ini, as you have to do for all other plugins
  • set the CVARs (all documented in the description) in your amxx.cfg, as you have to do for all other plugins
  • save the language file you want in /data/lang, as you have to do for all other multi language plugins - also the readme contained in the .zip explains which you have to choose and again where to put it
  • create a serverlist.ini - every available option is documented and there is an example for such a file - also the documentation says where to put it
  • you only need the .inc file when compiling a plugin that uses features from xREDIRECT - such a plugin would have told you about it needing this file
include files are nothing that i invented, other plugins use them as well. also you installed those for the default plugin when you installed AMXX. they belong to how code inclusion in AMXX is handled, so you can read the AMXX documentation to find out more about it. if this does not answer your questions or is incomplete...well...what do you blame me? tell the people who made this documentation.
if in doubt searching for .inc files in your current AMXX installation would have shown you that they are all in /scripting/include and just putting this there as well would not have done any harm.
also using the forum search with the term "serverredirect.inc" and set the result options to "view results by posts" would have returned 4 results, the last of it being this.
but what am i telling this to a person who obviously can't help himself, not even when this only would mean asking politely.

the plugin is running on 500 servers, it can't be too difficult to install. for questions arising you got this thread here. you remind me a little bit of this. not having someone like you as user of the plugin is a bless, thank you for using something else, it saves me much time to care about people who are worth being helped - like, until now, every one else but you was.

@storm1811:
did you set redirect_active 1? if this is not the problem i'd need to see your other CVARs as well.
No you muisunderstood me. What i was saying was making something so advanced of which i more than want to use. You should make an instruction manual of installation tho. I couldnt install the thing and ive never seen a plugin this advanced on the forum. With something so advanced at least make an instruction manual you will save a lot of people a lot of time. I was pissed after reading that thing from head to toe and finding there is no instruction manual and then wasteing and hour trying to figure out how to install it.
kidKendude
Old 06-15-2007 , 15:10   Re: xREDIRECT - server redirect menu

He already has made an instruction manual. You just didn't read it.

Now, I've got one problem, please don't chew me out. I kind of figured out the grey out thing by myself, I just didn't edit my post, and I'm sorry.

So, in my zombie mod, Pokemod was grayed out, but the zombie mod wasn't, now, why would I want to redirect to the server I'm playing in?

So, I looked into the serverlist.ini and reversed the order, now it works.

Why does it do that? And I thought you said I should leave it all in the same order.
detox
Old 06-18-2007 , 01:07   Re: xREDIRECT - server redirect menu

umm dont like run over me for asking this, but where do i write te server ips?

Last edited by detox; 06-18-2007 at 01:40.
kidKendude
Old 06-18-2007 , 11:50   Re: xREDIRECT - server redirect menu

serverlist.ini.
Closed Thread