Plugin Version:
Plugin Category:
General Purpose
Plugin Game:
Any
Plugin Dependencies:
    Servers with this Plugin:

Plugin Description:
    A beta SQLite VIP Api plugin that allows plugins to let VIP decide what features to have
    Old 06-23-2019 , 18:13   [ANY] BETA SQLite VIP Api
    Reply With Quote #1

Edit: This plugin is atrocious.

Hope you'll like this plugin, has very few features but will change once I sort out the bugs. I won't use Updater to avoid additional trouble if a native gets changed. SQLiteVIPApi is the API plugin itself and SQLiteVIPModule is the module that allows VIP at level 1 to get more HP and Armor by a certain formula relative to their VIP level, and VIP at level 2 can get a free helmet.

General Info:

The VIP Level of a player is the 'status' of the player. It is only set by the admin and it should be higher as the player pays more for his status. Levels 1, 2 and 3 can be seen for example as 'Bronze', 'Silver', and 'Gold'

Commands:

sm_setvip <target> <vip level> <duration in days|0=permanent> - Sets a VIP status on a player, if higher than the current VIP level, the current VIP level does NOT get deleted and therefore allows stacking ( example: 3 days for level 5 VIP but permanent level 3 VIP )

sm_unsetvip <target> - Unsets the VIP status from a player.

To do:

offline setting VIP commands.

List of VIP command.

Plugins that use this API:

None, yet.
    Attached Files
    File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (SQLiteVIPApi.sp - 492 views - 17.9 KB)
    File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (SQLiteVIPModule.sp - 476 views - 6.2 KB)
    File Type: inc SQLiteVIPApi.inc (3.7 KB, 193 views)

Discord: Eyal282#1334

Last edited by eyal282; 10-19-2022 at 07:49.
    RumbleFrog
    Great Tester of Whatever
    Old 06-23-2019 , 18:48   Re: [ANY] BETA SQLite VIP Api
    Reply With Quote #2

Some questions I have:

- Why are you not using the include for the VIP API and instead of placing them directly in the plugin source? You are already using includes from sdkhooks, and etc.

- Any reason you are using the old syntax instead of the new transitional syntax?
    eyal282
    Veteran Member
    Old 06-23-2019 , 18:55   Re: [ANY] BETA SQLite VIP Api
    Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
    Originally Posted by RumbleFrog View Post
    Some questions I have:

- Why are you not using the include for the VIP API and instead of placing them directly in the plugin source? You are already using includes from sdkhooks, and etc.

- Any reason you are using the old syntax instead of the new transitional syntax?

I dislike includes but gave them for everybody regardless to support them, sdkhooks is a base mod so it doesn't count.

I like old syntax because my very first and only other scripting language I know is AmxModX

Last edited by eyal282; 06-23-2019 at 18:55.
    starcs
    Old 06-24-2019 , 00:18   Re: [ANY] BETA SQLite VIP Api
    Reply With Quote #4

have a way to change the "level" for flags? like a sm_setvip <target> <flags> <duration in days|0=permanent>
    Veteran Member
    Old 06-24-2019 , 05:56   Re: [ANY] BETA SQLite VIP Api
    Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
    Originally Posted by starcs View Post
    have a way to change the "level" for flags? like a sm_setvip <target> <flags> <duration in days|0=permanent>
    The whole point is not to add flags. I'll make another module dealing with flags I guess.

Edit: wait, there should be something like sm_addadmin for flags, this sounds a bit worthless. After all the whole point in plugins like these split into two reasons: not dealing with admin flags, only VIP flags for the benefits and allowing VIP to edit their rewards if they feel OP / Have an annoying feature like a parachute that meddles ( if that's the right word ) with your ability to press buttons.

Last edited by eyal282; 06-24-2019 at 06:02.
    Effeff
    AlliedModders Donor
    Old 06-24-2019 , 18:32   Re: [ANY] BETA SQLite VIP Api
    Reply With Quote #6

So I write a module. If I want VIPs to have a reserved slot and a VIP tag, I would make it so that level 1 gets a reserved slot, level 2 gets a VIP tag, and then if a VIP doesn't want a tag they can change their level?

How does a VIP change their reward?
    eyal282
    Veteran Member
    Old 06-24-2019 , 18:45   Re: [ANY] BETA SQLite VIP Api
    Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Effeff View Post
    So I write a module. If I want VIPs to have a reserved slot and a VIP tag, I would make it so that level 1 gets a reserved slot, level 2 gets a VIP tag, and then if a VIP doesn't want a tag they can change their level?

How does a VIP change their reward?
    I really really really don't think a VIP should be capable of removing his reserved slot as he won't be able to join to override it. So just use the authorized forward and make instant actions without registering it as a feature.

!settings.

The level should get higher as the VIP pays more for his status.

Level 2 VIP is minimum in my example module for a free helmet and you get more HP as your VIP level is higher. VIP level is not alterable by a VIP.

You can view level 1, 2, 3 as Bronze, Silver and Gold VIP.

Feel free to post your modules in this post, I'll attach your reply in my main post if you ever need to edit them.

Oh, if the VIP is able to alter his tag with a command, forget about the AddFeature native, as it only allows constant settings.

Last edited by eyal282; 06-24-2019 at 20:04.
    Effeff
    AlliedModders Donor
    Old 06-24-2019 , 21:08   Re: [ANY] BETA SQLite VIP Api
    Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
    Originally Posted by eyal282 View Post
    I really really really don't think a VIP should be capable of removing his reserved slot as he won't be able to join to override it. So just use the authorized forward and make instant actions without registering it as a feature.

!settings.

The level should get higher as the VIP pays more for his status.

Level 2 VIP is minimum in my example module for a free helmet and you get more HP as your VIP level is higher. VIP level is not alterable by a VIP.

You can view level 1, 2, 3 as Bronze, Silver and Gold VIP.

Feel free to post your modules in this post, I'll attach your reply in my main post if you ever need to edit them.

Oh, if the VIP is able to alter his tag with a command, forget about the AddFeature native, as it only allows constant settings.
    Oh sorry when I read "let VIP decide what features to have" I thought that meant VIPs can enable/disable features on their own. So what you mean is, VIPs can decide what they want based off what VIP level they purchase?
    eyal282
    Veteran Member
    Old 06-25-2019 , 04:48   Re: [ANY] BETA SQLite VIP Api
    Reply With Quote #9

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Effeff View Post
    Oh sorry when I read "let VIP decide what features to have" I thought that meant VIPs can enable/disable features on their own. So what you mean is, VIPs can decide what they want based off what VIP level they purchase?
    Yes. Each setting has its own VIP level.