Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

Need experienced coders input on official CS 1.6 (HL/GoldSrc/..) development process

Post New Thread Reply   

ForeverCS1.6
Old 05-27-2019 , 07:52   Need experienced coders input on official CS 1.6 (HL/GoldSrc/..) development process
Reply With Quote #1

So about a month ago, Valve allowed one of it's employees to actually start working on fixing and updating the game unlike some exploit-fixing only updates we saw over the years.

Halflife github was like a ghost town for many years and then the word gets out, now it's pretty active that members are basically flooding the issue section.

I recently tested the latest beta and to my surprise they have fixed (added) a feature I've been missing since 2013.

And this decade old bug will get fixed apparently

https://www.reddit.com/r/counterstri...tboxes_glitch/

Anyway, my concern is a lack of experienced coders help and input on issues there. There is only a few coders there helping the Valve employee fix bugs.

So if you're a coder who has developers plugins and debugged/reverse engineered GoldSrc games, you can help and propose a fix there and valve developer will probably add it to the next release.

Also i am concerned about some people that are requesting/reporting a stuff there that might have a consequence if they make it to the releases without second look from said experienced members.

I know this is the home of developers, reverse engineers who has created ton of essential plugins, fixed many GoldSrc bugs with their plugins. I believe most are inactive these days. But i hope some are still here.

Here is a Valve's github link

https://github.com/ValveSoftware/halflife

Thanks!

Last edited by ForeverCS1.6; 05-27-2019 at 08:01.