Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Opinion about this ideeas

Post New Thread Reply   

HamletEagle
AMX Mod X Plugin Approver
Old 07-04-2015 , 08:36   Opinion about this ideeas
Reply With Quote #1

I have some plugins ideeas, but I need an opinion about them, what do you guys think ?

This are request that I get from other peoples:

1. Editing default admin plugin to allow adding temporary admins, so you can choose the expiration date directly in users.ini, without any custom plugins. If it is a good ideea I will send a pr to arkshine on github when it's done.

2. Modifying the default rcon system, so you can set different rcon password for ip address. The problem is that you give the rcon password to some admin, but he is dumb and give this password to another one and so on. My point is that you can restrict a certain rcon password on certain ip address. Also, to decide what rcon commands can this ip use. It can by like:

Code:
IP1 password1
IP2 password2
Also, the default rcon password can still be used for the server owner or a few select persons to be able to use it from any ip address.

3.Writing an api to allow you to easely work with rcon, maybe some forwards on succesfull/failed login, to be able to clear the rcon failed rcon list and so on.

What do you think ? Does this worth to be done ?

Last edited by HamletEagle; 07-04-2015 at 09:50.
Phant
Veteran Member
Old 07-04-2015 , 08:50   Re: Opinion about this ideeas
Reply With Quote #2

Quote:
1. Editing default admin plugin to allow adding temporary admins, so you can choose the expiration date directly in users.ini, without any custom plugins. If it is a good ideea I will send a pr to arkshine on github when it's done.
It's for paid admin rights, VIP's, etc. I think AMXX should not support things like it.
Send a message via ICQ to Phant
Freezo Begin
BANNED
Old 07-04-2015 , 09:08   Re: Opinion about this ideeas
Reply With Quote #3

1- Sounds good. I hope he accept it.

2- But the ip can change?

i think the first one worth to work on it.
fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 07-05-2015 , 01:12   Re: Opinion about this ideeas
Reply With Quote #4

1. Already been done. Have you searched yet?
2. Completely unnecessary. Use admin flags to determine what commands can be used by which admins. Also, this will let you use SteamID which someone won't just give away.
3. Is that possible without Orpheu or Rage?
Old 07-05-2015 , 05:17   Re: Opinion about this ideeas
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by fysiks View Post
1. Already been done. Have you searched yet?
2. Completely unnecessary. Use admin flags to determine what commands can be used by which admins. Also, this will let you use SteamID which someone won't just give away.
3. Is that possible without Orpheu or Rage?
Quote:
My point was to introduce this directly into amxx. I didn't found a plugin that use users.ini directly, nor with the way I plan to do it. If you want, please give me a link to the plugin you mentioned.

2. He was talking about rcon password, he can give a rcon password to a person that can't give it to another.
3. I don't think it is possible without it.

Thanks you guys, I wait for more opinions. You can also post your own suggestion, I'm just bored and want to start working on something.

Last edited by HamletEagle; 07-05-2015 at 05:21.
klippy
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-05-2015 , 06:11   Re: Opinion about this ideeas
Reply With Quote #6

If by "working with RCON" you mean sending commands to other servers by RCON protocol, it's possible with using only sockets module. If you want to parse requests (ie, parse a string that other external program sent through RCON protocol), it's also possible, but a little differently.

You can't directly hook the request (which maybe you want here), but what you can do is register a server command:
PHP Code:
register_srvcmd("amxx_rconrequest""cmdRconRequest"); 
that will ensure that no admins will be able to call this command/function and wreck something up. External programs will have to send a string through RCON protocol that looks similar to this one, ie:
Code:
"amxx_rconrequest arg1 arg2 something_else"
and you'll be able to catch it and parse it within your plugin.
HamletEagle
Old 07-05-2015 , 06:16   Re: Opinion about this ideeas
Reply With Quote #7

No, this is not what I mean. A person asked me if he can work with the functions responsible for rcon auth, adding failed rcons, banning for rcon hacking and so on. This is possible and quite easy by hooking functions with okapi/orpheu/rage. I though that if a person needed it there may be more. For example:

When someone try to send a rcon command SV_Rcon function is called. This function calls SV_Rcon_Validate in order to validate the password that the player used to auth. From here, SV_CheckRconFailure checks if you wrote the wrong password enough times(configured by cvar) to be considered a rcon hacking attemp and tell this to main function, if not another failed attemp is added with SV_AddFailedRcon. If SV_CheckRconFailure return 0, then this request is valid and the command will be executed by SV_Rcon. He wanted to be able to alter this functions in a way.

Last edited by HamletEagle; 07-05-2015 at 06:29.
tousif
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-05-2015 , 07:43   Re: Opinion about this ideeas
Reply With Quote #8

Nice Idea
indraraj striker
Veteran Member
Old 07-05-2015 , 10:31   Re: Opinion about this ideeas
Reply With Quote #9

HamletEagle
i think fysiks talking about this plugin
https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=182079
HamletEagle
Old 07-05-2015 , 10:39   Re: Opinion about this ideeas
Reply With Quote #10

It does not use users.ini, I wanted it to be a part of amxx, so no custom plugin will be needed and it does not use the method in which I planned to do it.

Last edited by HamletEagle; 07-05-2015 at 10:40.