Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[L4D2] Infected Loot Drops (2.3d)

Post New Thread Reply   

Akl
Old 07-15-2011 , 03:38   Re: [L4D2] Infected Loot Drops (2.3d)
Reply With Quote #91

Hello sorry my poor English.
I wanna choose fallen who drops something.
How should I do it?
sy5tem
Old 07-16-2011 , 18:47   Re: [L4D2] Infected Loot Drops (2.3d)
Reply With Quote #92

can't download its telling me : Plugin failed to compile! Please try contacting the author.
instantn00b
Old 07-17-2011 , 08:08   Re: [L4D2] Infected Loot Drops (2.3d)
Reply With Quote #93

Quote:
Originally Posted by sy5tem View Post
can't download its telling me : Plugin failed to compile! Please try contacting the author.
Try reading the post.
Warshade
Old 07-20-2011 , 06:12   Re: [L4D2] Infected Loot Drops (2.3d)
Reply With Quote #94

Here's some (hopefully constructive) feedback for this plugin:

1. When a smoker drops a weapon_gascan, it cannot be ignited unless it has been picked up by a survivor first. Once it has been lifted and dropped it works as intended.
  2. The tell_survivor phrase is printed regardless to which block it belongs to. So you cannot have individual phrases for smoker death, tank death etc. (I tried to do something like "Closer examination of the Smoker's corpse reveals a fuel can.")
  3. Given the complexity of the config file (you require some C programming knowledge to config your plugin) you should provide a default config, that ships with the plugin, in addition to the example file.
Besides these minor flaws, good job. The major advantage of this plugin over my previously used one ist, that it can spawn infected besides loot, so what you spawn upon infected's death is not only beneficial for the survivors.
I'm planning to make a witch's death really really mean ;)
MonkeyDrone
AlliedModders Donor
Old 08-01-2011 , 16:13   Re: [L4D2] Infected Loot Drops (2.3d)
Reply With Quote #95

Hey guys, I can see that everyone wants the config file. The author has worked hard as it is for the plugin to be here, I'm gonna see if I can work up a config file, might be a few days.

I'll be making the configuration so that all SI drop random loots, from godzilla to king kong! Hypothetically speaking! Will share when I can , what I can. If anyone can give me a file to get a head start, that would be great!.

Cheers

Errr - There's a file few posts back that works with this.

Last edited by MonkeyDrone; 08-02-2011 at 04:44. Reason: Found file already existing in previous post to use.
RAPTORMOOSE
Old 09-14-2011 , 13:21   Re: [L4D2] Infected Loot Drops (2.3d)
Reply With Quote #96

It won't save into the .cfg I made when following the instructions. This means it is broken!
Newf
Old 09-14-2011 , 20:25   Re: [L4D2] Infected Loot Drops (2.3d)
Reply With Quote #97

any chance you can put in an option/cvar to have the awarded items NOT replace what the survivor already has? it kinda sucks when you have a health kit, kill something and get a defib to replace your health kit. or maybe just set it so it falls to the ground instead if the survivor already has something in that slot?
Old 09-29-2011 , 10:12   Re: [L4D2] Infected Loot Drops (2.3d)
Reply With Quote #98

[EDIT] Fixed my problem.

Last edited by Skepticus; 10-02-2011 at 14:46. Reason: unneccessary
Newf
Old 10-07-2011 , 00:56   Re: [L4D2] Infected Loot Drops (2.3d)
Reply With Quote #99

so no update on this? my players love the plugin, but get really pissed when their health kit gets replaced by a defib or ammo.
AlliedModders Donor
Old 10-31-2011 , 20:10   Re: [L4D2] Infected Loot Drops (2.3d)
Reply With Quote #100

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAPTORMOOSE View Post
It won't save into the .cfg I made when following the instructions. This means it is broken!
You either don't know what you're doing or you didn't read the instructions enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newf View Post
any chance you can put in an option/cvar to have the awarded items NOT replace what the survivor already has? it kinda sucks when you have a health kit, kill something and get a defib to replace your health kit. or maybe just set it so it falls to the ground instead if the survivor already has something in that slot?
Not at the moment. That is a key feature of an RPG which this in a way, emulates. You get pointless loot time to time. Also, it currently doesn't base anything off of who was the killer of the infected player, just the fact that it died. It would mean adding another detection layer and figuring out what that player had, if he could have gotten XYZ, what to do if he did etc.. Doing this means A LOT of coding and retesting, which I don't want to do. I don't even have L4D2 installed anymore as it's just not that interesting anymore.