Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[L4D2] Server disappear from master server

Post New Thread Reply   

JLmelenchon
Old 09-10-2021 , 18:25   [L4D2] Server disappear from master server
Reply With Quote #1

Sorry if this is not the right place. My Left 4 dead 2 server disappear from the server browser and also steam groups in the right corner (in menu) when it goes inactive understand no players after like a few minutes. Can anyone help ?

In my autoexec i have the cmd "heartbeat"

And in my server.cfg:
sm_cvar allow_all_bot_survivor_team 1
sm_cvar sb_all_bot_game 1
sm_cvar sv_hibernate_when_empty 1 // 0 does not change anything

By the way my server is hosted by a provider it is not mine, if it can help. I tried to search some answers but nothing really helped.

Last edited by JLmelenchon; 09-10-2021 at 18:26.
Spirit_12
Veteran Member
Old 09-10-2021 , 18:59   Re: [L4D2] Server disappear from master server
Reply With Quote #2

The only reason why a server will disappear like that is if you are running non-steam. Heartbeat command is depreciated for a long while to my understanding.
Old 09-10-2021 , 20:09   Re: [L4D2] Server disappear from master server
Reply With Quote #3

So two providers who are well known for selling server will use non steam licences ? I don't think so. The most logical explanation is bad settings on their side, or something i have to add in my cfg.

Also i noticed that if i refresh periodically the server in server browser it will not disappear...

Last edited by JLmelenchon; 09-10-2021 at 22:40.
JLmelenchon
Old 09-11-2021 , 13:16   Re: [L4D2] Server disappear from master server
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Hello ****,

Thank you for contacting ***** support. I am Nicolas, I will take care of your request

We have had reports of this problem in the past, I have done a lot of research on it, but I have not been able to find a solution.

The problem seems to be caused by an update to the game that notably changed the way the server list works.

We have done a lot of testing and nothing is blocking the server list at our level, so we can only hope for a quick game update to fix this problem, I'm sorry.

It's possible that people have found a workaround, but I haven't found one that has been shared.

I remain at your disposal if necessary.

Regards,
Quote:
Maybe this could help?
https://developer.valvesoftware.com/...eries#A2S_INFO

l4d2 server 2.2.1.3 update : some server will send challenge number, it caused hlsw cant get server info;

NOTE: changed 2021-6-19 13:05:43: when l4d2 server received some packet from same ip address, it may deined replay
Quote:
Hello ****,

It is likely that this change is indeed linked to the problem, we also had to make major modifications to our monitoring systems to be able to detect the status and the number of players connected to the servers.

However, changes must be made at the level of what asks the server for their status and not directly at the server level, in this case the changes should therefore be made at the game level directly.

Unfortunately, we have no way of doing this at our level, so an update to the game is required.

Do not hesitate to contact us again if necessary.

Last edited by JLmelenchon; 09-11-2021 at 13:16.
HarryPotter
Veteran Member
Old 09-11-2021 , 16:51   Re: [L4D2] Server disappear from master server
Reply With Quote #5

Sigh. Value