Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[CS:GO/L4D1/L4D2] Weapon Charms (1.19) [24-Nov-2023]

Post New Thread Reply   

Silvers
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Old 07-15-2020 , 17:06   Re: [CS:GO/L4D1/L4D2] Weapon Charms (1.7) [15-Jul-2020]
Reply With Quote #41

Thanks, forgot to fix this. Will update next few days.

Does anyone know a proper method for attaching to the viewmodel so none of these bugs with fake arms/weapons exist? When attaching (bonemerge or other) the model sits at the 90 FOV position disregarding a players viewmodel_fov. I've tried for ages to figure out the proper solution and given up, that's why the plugin uses fake arms/weapon.
Old 07-15-2020 , 22:27   Re: [CS:GO/L4D1/L4D2] Weapon Charms (1.7) [15-Jul-2020]
Reply With Quote #42

There is multiple issues I notice when I use this plugin. Some of them can be showed with photos but others cannot.

When I picked a shotgun from the ground it merged with the pistols. Later the arms became invisible and only shotgun was visible. The back of the hunting rifle becomes invisible when you look down or when you jump. All these issues except for the hunting rifle's problem disappear when you change weapon.

Now there is also other issues that I can't show you in photos and need a video to be shown.

Sometimes it can happen that instead of having the normal standing still gun when you move, it switches from actually a thirdperson move of the gun. Like as if you used thirdperson shoulder with the camera positioned in your eyes. I am not sure why this happens. Seems to be happening when you are not shooting for a long time but I am not sure. It's impossible for me to show you this on pictures. I will upload a video of it if unsure.

There seems to be various mini lags when using charms. I don't know what it is, but everything has become more unstable than before. Maybe hats and charms too heavy when used together?

Also, I suggest to add a small cooldown of maybe 5 seconds after choosing a hat or a charm before being able to choose a new one. People spamming change of models can probably be harmful.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg shotgun and pistol merged.jpg (65.5 KB, 65 views)
File Type: jpg invisible hunting rifle.jpg (68.7 KB, 67 views)

Last edited by Alex101192; 07-15-2020 at 22:44.
Silvers
Old 07-15-2020 , 23:08   Re: [CS:GO/L4D1/L4D2] Weapon Charms (1.7) [15-Jul-2020]
Reply With Quote #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvers View Post
Known Issues:

All Games:
  • Sometimes (rarely) the wrong weapon is shown when equipping a new weapon, cannot figure out how to fix.
  • Weapon Viewmodel may show invisible section due to FOV.
Also see post above yours. FOV issue due to fake viewmodel, cannot be fixed with this method.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex101192 View Post
Sometimes it can happen that instead of having the normal standing still gun when you move, it switches from actually a thirdperson move of the gun. Like as if you used thirdperson shoulder with the camera positioned in your eyes. I am not sure why this happens. Seems to be happening when you are not shooting for a long time but I am not sure. It's impossible for me to show you this on pictures. I will upload a video of it if unsure.
A video would be great if possible. I think I know what you mean, the viewmodel weapon shows positioned in the top/center of the screen sticking out your "eyes"? I only noticed this when testing various fixes, not sure why it would happen unless maybe the attachment weapon became invalid, although it creates if invalid so not sure how to duplicate or fix.

Quote:
There seems to be various mini lags when using charms. I don't know what it is, but everything has become more unstable than before. Maybe hats and charms too heavy when used together?
Nothing has significantly changed (especially for L4D/2) in the updates that would make it more unstable now, it's just you're noticing these things the more you use the plugin. Mini lags can maybe be reduced if I leave the entities without deleting them between weapon/charm changes, but this requires a bunch of work and I haven't bothered to do because I would prefer to find the proper method for attaching to viewmodels instead of using fake arms/weapons and working around all the bugs that produces. Although I've never seen any mini lags, maybe server is being overloaded by too many plugins/things going on.

Quote:
Also, I suggest to add a small cooldown of maybe 5 seconds after choosing a hat or a charm before being able to choose a new one. People spamming change of models can probably be harmful.
I'll add a cvar for this since some might not want a timeout. Tbo this is kinda pointless as it only restricts manual changes, I'm not going to add it when switching weapons that would make the code even more of a nightmare. People can scroll their mouse wheel and have it delete/create charms, but if you watch the net_graph it's not really much of an impact, so I don't see why this would cause mini lags anyway.

Thanks for all the bug reports

Updated:
Code:
1.8 (20-Jul-2020)
    - Added cvar "charms_timeout" to prevent equipping a new charm for X seconds.
    - L4D2: Jockey riding someone now deletes the charm and restores on ride end.
    - L4D2: Ladder fix from "Attachments_API" version 1.4 update.

Last edited by Silvers; 07-20-2020 at 00:01.
Alex101192
Old 07-22-2020 , 03:18   Re: [CS:GO/L4D1/L4D2] Weapon Charms (1.8) [20-Jul-2020]
Reply With Quote #44

I have a plugin which adds a death animation to survivors when you die. When the animation plays you get like a thirdperson camera to watch the animation. The problem is that because of the charms, I see the third person viewmodel gun during the process.

Another bug I found that I forgot to report is that, attachments make it harder to pick items. I try to pick an item and it's like charm is ahead of my eyes and it's blocking the view, so I have to press USE more times.

Also if you have a charm set on pistol, when you are downed, the pistoll will be invisible for about 2 seconds, and appear after that.

I have a question also. Do players automatically have a charm set for their weapons? There is players who have never joined the server that have attachments on their guns. If that's true, and these are not attachments that I set for myself and see on others too, could you add a cvar so that no one has charms unless they choose them on their menu? Same was as hats work if you set bots not to have hats on them.

Last edited by Alex101192; 07-22-2020 at 03:21.
Silvers
Old 07-22-2020 , 05:51   Re: [CS:GO/L4D1/L4D2] Weapon Charms (1.8) [20-Jul-2020]
Reply With Quote #45

Quote:
I have a plugin which adds a death animation to survivors when you die. When the animation plays you get like a thirdperson camera to watch the animation. The problem is that because of the charms, I see the third person viewmodel gun during the process.

Another bug I found that I forgot to report is that, attachments make it harder to pick items. I try to pick an item and it's like charm is ahead of my eyes and it's blocking the view, so I have to press USE more times.

Also if you have a charm set on pistol, when you are downed, the pistoll will be invisible for about 2 seconds, and appear after that.

I have a question also. Do players automatically have a charm set for their weapons? There is players who have never joined the server that have attachments on their guns. If that's true, and these are not attachments that I set for myself and see on others too, could you add a cvar so that no one has charms unless they choose them on their menu? Same was as hats work if you set bots not to have hats on them.
Can you PM me the plugin with death anim so I can test and fix? It should be detecting thirdperson through several methods so not sure why that would happen.

I can try adding some extra code to attempt not blocking +USE but it seems like none of that works anyway. Any specific charm/weapon this is really noticeable on?

Will check pistol incap again, are you using Incapped Crawling with Animation? I only tested with that on.

Default charms are set via the charms config with the "default" key being set for different classes/charms. Remove all those entries and new players should spawn without charms by default.
Old 07-22-2020 , 06:05   Re: [CS:GO/L4D1/L4D2] Weapon Charms (1.8) [20-Jul-2020]
Reply With Quote #46

Quote:
Can you PM me the plugin with death anim so I can test and fix? It should be detecting thirdperson through several methods so not sure why that would happen.
Probs this https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=2193199

Commission me for L4D
Alex101192
Old 07-22-2020 , 12:41   Re: [CS:GO/L4D1/L4D2] Weapon Charms (1.8) [20-Jul-2020]
Reply With Quote #47

Quote:

I can try adding some extra code to attempt not blocking +USE but it seems like none of that works anyway. Any specific charm/weapon this is really noticeable on?

Will check pistol incap again, are you using Incapped Crawling with Animation? I only tested with that on.

Default charms are set via the charms config with the "default" key being set for different classes/charms. Remove all those entries and new players should spawn without charms by default.
The plugin I am using for the death animation is the one posted by lux above me.

The blocking of USE is very noticeable when using pump shotgun with the missile charm.

No I am not using any incapped crawling plugins. Completely vanilla.

Last edited by Alex101192; 07-22-2020 at 12:42.
Silvers
Old 07-22-2020 , 13:40   Re: [CS:GO/L4D1/L4D2] Weapon Charms (1.8) [20-Jul-2020]
Reply With Quote #48

Quote:
The plugin I am using for the death animation is the one posted by lux above me.

The blocking of USE is very noticeable when using pump shotgun with the missile charm.

No I am not using any incapped crawling plugins. Completely vanilla.
Tried the death animation plugin but I see no difference. When a player dies the event should fire and charms deleted straight away so I don't know what's causing this.

Tried pump shotgun + missile and I don't see it blocking any USE action. Linux server?

Also managed to fix the wrong model randomly showing or half broken models (game bug causing it). Fix will come from Attachments_API when I update.
Old 07-22-2020 , 13:58   Re: [CS:GO/L4D1/L4D2] Weapon Charms (1.8) [20-Jul-2020]
Reply With Quote #49

Quote:
Tried the death animation plugin but I see no difference. When a player dies the event should fire and charms deleted straight away so I don't know what's causing this.

Tried pump shotgun + missile and I don't see it blocking any USE action. Linux server?

Also managed to fix the wrong model randomly showing or half broken models (game bug causing it). Fix will come from Attachments_API when I update.
That's very weird. I am using the same plugin and the issue happens. I was using Francis in dead center maybe that's why? ( don't think so). May be useful to test this on own server if unsure.

Yes the servers are all linux. It's possible that you tried an angle which didn't have camera blocked like mine did. May have to look more about that.

There is also the problem with the gun randomly moving as if you put thirdpersonview from eyes for about 1 second. Again this is very difficulty to explain and I will try to record a video and send it to you.

I deleted the default entries in charms.data.l4d2.cfg. Now this should make players not have charms by default right?

Last edited by Alex101192; 07-22-2020 at 14:04.
Alex101192
Old 07-22-2020 , 15:17   Re: [CS:GO/L4D1/L4D2] Weapon Charms (1.8) [20-Jul-2020]
Reply With Quote #50

I tested the versions that you sent me. The pistol now correctly shows up without charm when you are downed. No longer invisible for 2 seconds.

The USE button I tested it briefly with the missile on the pump shotgun and I didn't notice any problem. I will write you again if I notice it not working.

I tested the minigun and the weapon that I was holding with the charm seems to remaining equipped while on the minigun. Can see on the pic.

The hunting rifle is still broken in behind if you look down.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg minigun.jpg (69.0 KB, 47 views)
File Type: jpg hunting_rifle.jpg (63.4 KB, 57 views)

Last edited by Alex101192; 07-22-2020 at 15:17.