[L4D2] Super Tanks

Post New Thread Reply   

Psyk0tik
Veteran Member
Old 11-10-2020 , 01:20   Re: [L4D2] Super Tanks
Reply With Quote #291

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stifi View Post
Hi guys, Sorry for my noob question but... How can I get the Plugin? Because everytime I click the Attached File it brings me to this Webpage.

Use the one from this post: https://forums.alliedmods.net/showpo...&postcount=283

The one on the main post hasn't been updated for over 5 years.
Old 11-15-2020 , 03:28   Re: [L4D2] Super Tanks
Reply With Quote #292

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernecio View Post
In my opinion, this is a very nice plugin, but unfortunately it's only in its original version for L4D2, so make improvements to the Plugin so that it can run in both games while preserving all 16 types of Tanks in L4D2 and adding replacements Spitter Tank and Jockey Tank on L4D1, resulting in 16 types of Tanks for both games as well.
This Plugin has only been tested on SourceMod 1.10 with native function GetEntityRenderColor
(The list of changes is inside the file, it is written in Spanish)

Installation

1 - Click "Get Plugin" and put the "SuperTanks.smx" file into your server or game \addons\sourcemod\plugins\ folder.
2 - Click Get "SuperTanks.txt" file and put in \addons\sourcemod\gamedata folder

This version of the plugin works fine but there are two bugs that happens sometimes on my server the tanks after dying disappear and leave a looped sound where it died and when someone gets incapacitated the same sound displays the sound being the tank rock traveling action.

Last edited by SDArt; 11-17-2020 at 03:29.
marki89
Old 12-05-2020 , 19:15   Re: [L4D2] Super Tanks
Reply With Quote #293

Hi, I like this super tanks, but I have a little problem, it won't let me use it in the special delivery mode, before the big update it let me use the super tanks, now it's not compatible
Kleiner
Old 12-21-2020 , 10:42   Re: [L4D2] Super Tanks
Reply With Quote #294

Will this plugin support multi-language?
kaybeebiscuits
Old 12-25-2020 , 09:27   Re: [L4D2] Super Tanks
Reply With Quote #295

Hi, which folder do I put this in?

It is not an smx file; it is sp.

Do I still put into plugins?
Marttt
Veteran Member
Old 12-25-2020 , 15:34   Re: [L4D2] Super Tanks
Reply With Quote #296

Search on how to compile a ".sp" file.
Basically, you have to move the file to the "sourcemod/scripting" folder and then drag it to the spcomp.exe.
It will generate a .smx file for you (if no errors in the source code and having all necessary includes).
Then drag back the .smx file to the plugins folder.

EDIT: Well I wasn't able to compile either.
I recommend you using the [L4D & L4D2] Mutant Tanks plugin.

Or using the Super Tanks "Ernecio" version

If you still don't understand how to compile, you can compile at Spider, just past the source code there, click in compile and then download.

Last edited by Marttt; 12-25-2020 at 15:41.
Kleiner
Old 12-26-2020 , 17:50   Re: [L4D2] Super Tanks
Reply With Quote #297

Translations support when?
Diabolik001
Old 01-20-2021 , 12:34   Re: [L4D2] Super Tanks
Reply With Quote #298

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernecio View Post
In my opinion, this is a very nice plugin, but unfortunately it's only in its original version for L4D2, so make improvements to the Plugin so that it can run in both games while preserving all 16 types of Tanks in L4D2 and adding replacements Spitter Tank and Jockey Tank on L4D1, resulting in 16 types of Tanks for both games as well.
This Plugin has only been tested on SourceMod 1.10 with native function GetEntityRenderColor
(The list of changes is inside the file, it is written in Spanish)

Installation

1 - Click "Get Plugin" and put the "SuperTanks.smx" file into your server or game \addons\sourcemod\plugins\ folder.
2 - Click Get "SuperTanks.txt" file and put in \addons\sourcemod\gamedata folder
Hi Ernecio, the plugin works great but there is a problem with the tank shield and the tank hunter, the sound of the rock remains when it is launched and does not stop. There was a plugin that solved this function but I can't find it. Would you know how to turn off the sound of the wind when it throws the stone and remains persistent?
Balloons
Old 01-21-2021 , 01:20   Re: [L4D2] Super Tanks
Reply With Quote #299

TLS update seems to have affected this. Tanks used to immediately run towards players upon spawning but now they need to be at a certain distance or shot at before they start attacking.
Psyk0tik
Veteran Member
Old 01-21-2021 , 02:38   Re: [L4D2] Super Tanks
Reply With Quote #300

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balloons View Post
TLS update seems to have affected this. Tanks used to immediately run towards players upon spawning but now they need to be at a certain distance or shot at before they start attacking.
On finale maps this would be an issue, but on regular maps this is actually default behavior even prior to the TLS update. Over the years I’ve come to find out that there are some VScript mods out there that enable the AggressiveSpecials/cm_AggressiveSpecials key which causes Tanks to attack immediately no matter what map. On official dedicated servers, Tanks always spawn as idle on regular maps until they either see a survivor or is provoked (attacked) by one. On finale maps, they will always attack right away.