MarcusD
Old 08-26-2004 , 14:01  
Reply With Quote #21

bump
Send a message via MSN to MarcusD
narcussist
Old 08-26-2004 , 15:17  
Reply With Quote #22

did you try the amx_who in console to see if you have admin access at all?

and what all admin modules you running on your server?
Old 08-26-2004 , 15:32  
Reply With Quote #23

hi again, i did try the admin who thing at it said you dont have access to this command still. Also where do i go to find the admin modules?
cheers for still helping mate as i really appreciate it, as seeing this is the website from the program the moderators are useless and havent even attempted to help. They will feel the wrath of my power for that
MarcusD
Old 08-26-2004 , 16:14  
Reply With Quote #24

ok i know amxx is installed and working ok as someone at valve (who i know so you are warned now amxmodx and i put a bad word in for u ) anyway we wrote in meta list and it had the four options installed, so now we just need to figure out why we dont have control over the server and were ready to go
narcussist
Old 08-26-2004 , 18:13  
Reply With Quote #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcusD
as seeing this is the website from the program the moderators are useless and havent even attempted to help. They will feel the wrath of my power for that

Quote:
ok i know amxx is installed and working ok as someone at valve (who i know so you are warned now amxmodx and i put a bad word in for u )
not a good way to get any help so keep putting in a bad word for us and see how much help you get, also remember amxx 0.2 rc3 was just released and alot of us are working on correcting those bugs

Quote:
Also where do i go to find the admin modules?
whats all in your metamod/plugins.ini
Veteran Member
Old 08-26-2004 , 18:26  
Reply With Quote #26

if it says u do not have access to this command the problem is only and can only be in your users.ini i noticed this

"STEAM_ID:0:1:7777777" "" "abcdefghijklmnopqrstu" "ce"
"STEAM_ID:0:0:6666666" "" "abcdefghijklmnopqrstu" "ce"
"STEAM_ID:0:0:5555555" "" "abcdefghijklmnopqrstu" "ce"
"STEAM_ID:0:1:4444444" "" "abcdefghijklmnopqrstu" "ce"
"STEAM_ID:0:1333333" "" "abcdefghijklmnopqrstu" "ce"
"STEAM_ID:0:0:2222222" "" "abcdefghijklmnopqrstu" "ce"
"STEAM_ID:0:1:1111111" "" "abcdefghijklmnopqrstu" "ce"

it should be like this

"STEAM_0:0:012345" "" "abcdefghijklmnopqrstu" "ce"

to solve a problem try "copy paste" the string i made and put in your users.ini and alter steamid to your steam id nothing else 'only' the digits/numbers and restart map and enter server i believe its a users.ini problem 'typo'
MarcusD
Old 08-26-2004 , 20:58  
Reply With Quote #27

hi there jingle and thanx for posting. Ok i did what you said and it still didnt work m8

been with my valve m8 again and we manadged to get rcon to work finally so at least i have that to keep server secure etc..

But amxx still dosent seem right and i think you are right that it must have something to do with the user.ini as it cant really be anything else can it, becuase it says its installed and when u connect to server it says powerd by amxx etc.. so install etc.. dosent seem to be the prob.
can i ask how many admins do you have on your server and does amxx work perfect for you?

narcussist

i wasent flaming ammx ok i was just saying that they were the ones who created the program and you would have thought they would have encounterd these problems before and had an idea how to deal with them. So i wasent flaming them i was just saying that after two days its quite atrocious that a moderator hasent either pointed me in the right direction or given me an email add to contact someone who understands the program as they worked on it if that makes sense? I understand that its had a new update and generous people such as yourself have been working on it and helping out which is good. But surely you must see the frustration of what has happened and not just with me as in nearly all the threads ive looked at have the same outcome where there problem isnt given a solution becuase of lack of comunication. So im sorry if i gave you the impression that i was having a dig but i wasent i was mearly stating i need help badly with the software. And becuase of my experience i have every right to pass on my experience to people who are trying to help me regardless wether they work at valve or at burger king. As the only person who attempted to really help was yourself and jingle and as ive stated many times in my post i really appreciate it and am very grateful, its not like im an oger who just came on demanding help and started moaning etc.. i was very polite and respectful and still am. So please dont take my words the wrong way as i am very happy that you offerd advice and really do appreciate it as if you hadent replied id have had no replies and would have been really lost and not have a clue what to do. So im entitled to my opinion of amxx and becuase of nice people like you people get stuff fixed as if there werent people like you on here then i doubt there would be this software still available.
so again i thank you for helping me m8
MarcusD
Old 08-26-2004 , 23:21  
Reply With Quote #28

ok i have now finally got this problem sorted. Ok i say i but that would be wrong, NARCUSSIST was the one who fixed it. He found the problem after checking my files in literally 10secs and im not joking it was that quick. Thanks so much mate as id have been royally screwed if you didnt post and then come and help. If only the world was full of people like you hey, nothing would ever stay broken for long

thanks again mate and the others should take a leaf outa your book, its shocks me that you havent been given moderator status as all i see is you helping everyone and a few other nice ppl like jingle also.
Thanks again man and i owe you one

keep up the good work
|2ob
Old 08-27-2004 , 00:37  
Reply With Quote #29

im guessing this is rented, contact the support email, irc, whatever they provide and ask your questions there, if the files are in the right place, with the right things in them, then its host not the addon, also, just for clarification( spelling? ), this IS a LINUX server right?
64.247.24.125:27015

Visit Vitrus's Clan Site!

I would put more, but they have a limit on chars
Send a message via AIM to |2ob Send a message via MSN to |2ob
narcussist
Old 08-27-2004 , 00:56  
Reply With Quote #30

*Problem Fixed*

Yes it is a linux server. As he metioned i got the server up and running correctly with amxx