Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Need help with amx mod with admins etc.. King n00b

Post New Thread Reply   

MarcusD
Old 08-25-2004 , 23:53  
Reply With Quote #11

yeah i made them up becuase didnt think it would be wise giving out the clans id's i know theres not much people can do with them etc.. but best to use and example isnt it really as both the same thing technically. As shouldnt matter what the ids are if you get what i mean
Send a message via MSN to MarcusD
narcussist
Old 08-25-2004 , 23:57  
Reply With Quote #12

yes i understand what you mean but back on your problem

Quote:
"STEAM_0:0497723" "" "abcdefghijklmnopqrstu" "ce"
"STEAM_0:0:1836027" "" "abcdefghijklmnopqrstu" "ce"
here is my user.ini everything seems to work fine,
also have you tried

Quote:
bind "=" "amxmodmenu"
and see if that works at all, or you just trying everything threw console?

edit: after looking at my post and your post, try taking off ID

you have:
STEAM_ID:0:0497723

mine is
STEAM_0:0497723

mine works fine also, i bet that is your problem
Old 08-26-2004 , 00:04  
Reply With Quote #13

yeah i just noticed the id thing too so il do that now. And i have tried doing it thru console but it keeps saying you dont have access to this command?
Basically we have a jolt server and the moderators at jolt said they had installed metamod and amxxmod and that was it, no help or nothing.
From what i can see it must be quite a complicated problem yeah? I understand about scripts to an extent having designed my own website etc.. but setting up a game server is so different, i dont see how everyones can be different if you get what i mean? As if i had your config files then shouldnt they work on mine too? So i dont see why server distributors dont do that and give everyone the same working code.
Anyway i really appreciate your help mate as i dont think the moderator guy is gona help ive searched and done everything and there is just no answers to problems anywhere. Its like its installed but i cant gain control of server
narcussist
Old 08-26-2004 , 00:09  
Reply With Quote #14

well just to let you know when using amxx, there is mainly only one file that needs edited ~~> plugins.ini, when you add plugins to your server, untill you need that plugin that would need one of the other modules that are not started by default.

This is pretty simple to man handle, the moderator is prolly not at his pc right now, and i am just sitting here looking at my screen like a DUM A§§ bored off my mind so i am just going threw all my sites and helping others as i go.

Good Luck mate and hope not to see you with anymore problems, I want you up and running better than before, but if you do need any help i am pretty much here all the time.
Old 08-26-2004 , 00:11  
Reply With Quote #15

hi again i tried the steam thing and the bind thing but that didnt work either, its like the commands im doing arnt connected to the server or the server isnt recieving then or something. As when i join server it says powerd my amxxmod etc.. but my files dont seem to have any control over it
narcussist
Old 08-26-2004 , 00:14  
Reply With Quote #16

ok after you switched your users.ini did you change maps or restart the server?
Old 08-26-2004 , 00:19  
Reply With Quote #17

yeah we restarted the map once, im just going thru the other files in there via ftp and seeing if there is something in there that should be of any help becuase there are a few additional files from jolt i have noticed.
Since you have been using the forums have you ever seen this problem before?
narcussist
Old 08-26-2004 , 00:21  
Reply With Quote #18

not that i can recall, well to let you know i am heading to bed now, so when i wake up in the morning i will check on this and see where your sitting and post a reply back to your latest posts unless some, or you get your server working right.

also go in the server and type amx_who and see if you are listed with admin
Old 08-26-2004 , 00:27  
Reply With Quote #19

ok m8 i will do that, thanx for your help as id have been stuck otherwise, at least im pointed in the right direction hehe think you should probably become a moderator here as no offence to this site or the way it is manadged etc.. but its not very efficant is it? Guess you cant blame them tho. anyways thanks again and take care
Marcus
MarcusD
Old 08-26-2004 , 10:34  
Reply With Quote #20

bump