Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

Solved [L4D2] Bots can't use vocalizers in Versus

Post New Thread Reply   

TotalChaos SourcePawner
Old 03-20-2023 , 13:25   [L4D2] Bots can't use vocalizers in Versus
Reply With Quote #1

3/22/2023: Enh... Forget it.
I'll take the lack of replies and views as nobody cares.

Hi.
Please read all of this. I know I go into tons of detail, but believe me, it's all somewhat important.
If you choose not to anyway, there's a "too long, didn't read" section below.

So a while back I made a post asking for a plugin that fixes certain vocalizers for Versus.
"fixing", as in making them work because the Last Stand devs made a stupid decision disabling them.

And ever since that post was solved, I had never actually noticed that the plugin only worked for human players. It does not work for bots.

For example, if I spam the "PlayerLaugh" vocalizer, then I never get a response back from the bots in Versus (I don't know if that's default behavior in Campaign mode. I have a TON of addons and plugins that attempt to make the Survivor bots less annoying to deal with).

So, I was wondering, can this plugin https://github.com/Target5150/MoYu_S...store_vocalize
be fixed to work with bots too?

I'm always sick and tired of seeing plugins that fix bugs or add new features for human players, but just leave bots in the dark. It's a massive deal breaker for me sometimes.
For example, there's a few plugins and extensions that supposedly allow you to increase the "maxplayers" """ConVar""" in L4D2, but none of them work for me. And, as far as I can tell, they were only made for human players. Which isn't what I want at all when I search on Google for "L4D2 increase maxplayers".
I have always wanted to increase maxplayers so that I can just spam as many Special Infected and Survivor bots as I can, because chaos is fun.

Too long, didn't read: I hate people leaving bots in the dark, and I want some plugins and extensions to be fixed so that they work with bots too. Am I the only one on the planet that actually cares about the SurvivorBots?

Sorry if anything comes off as rude. That's not my intention.

Thanks in advance.
TotalChaos.

Last edited by TotalChaos SourcePawner; 03-22-2023 at 21:55.