C4 COUNTDOWN Script Pack

Post New Thread Reply   

ajax
Veteran Member
Old 06-08-2005 , 02:39   C4 COUNTDOWN Script Pack
Reply With Quote #1

UPDATED June 9, 2005

C4 COUNTDOWN Script Pack by ajax
based on c4timer_by_Schnup (original thread)

Requirements
EventScripts v0.7.7
Admin Plugin (Mani Admin Plugin, BeetlesMod or NemoD)

Features
this is the enhanced script pack version of the original c4timer script which counts down the timer when c4 is planted. the script pack allows you to choose from a variety of voices and message options. you can also use your own voice and message preferences in a custom command file. it is functionally the same as before, but more open-ended and flexible... and of course easier to install (in theory).

THIS POST HAS BEEN MOVED
to the new forum...

http://www.mattie.info/cs/forums/viewtopic.php?t=89

please go there for C4 COUNTDOWN Script Pack information and downloads
XE_ManUp
Old 06-09-2005 , 00:43  
Reply With Quote #2

BTW ajax, great job on this script pack!!!
ajax
Veteran Member
Old 06-09-2005 , 01:00  
Reply With Quote #3

thanks. i like the ability to choose between all the voice packs just by changing one cvar -- i use a different one each night. the metropolice one is my favorite though.

i'm hoping people will share their own custom voice sets so others can use them.
ajax
Veteran Member
Old 06-09-2005 , 15:28  
Reply With Quote #4

UPDATE

06/09/05
- bug fix in the file soundlist.txt that affected mani installation of TFC sounds (thank you gustaw)

in your mani file soundlist.txt these lines need to be changed for it to work properly...
Quote:
// add this to your file cstrike\cfg\mani_admin_plugin\soundlist.txt
"c4_01" admin_plugin/c4timer_one.mp3
"c4_02" admin_plugin/c4timer_two.mp3
"c4_03" admin_plugin/c4timer_three.mp3
"c4_04" admin_plugin/c4timer_four.mp3
"c4_05" admin_plugin/c4timer_five.mp3

"c4_10" admin_plugin/c4timer_ten.mp3
"c4_20" admin_plugin/c4timer_twenty.mp3
"c4_30" admin_plugin/c4timer_thirty.mp3
Ace Rimmer
Old 06-09-2005 , 20:12  
Reply With Quote #5

Hi Ajax,
I did try this great script but unfortunately I found that my rented server became jerky as the bomb was counting down. I guess this could be a sign of an underpowered server?

Anyways, I had to cut our most of it and just added the sound triggers to the internal sounds. ( I already had a basic countdown timer).

Anyway just thought you should know.

Please note this is not a complaint or grumble, the script is obviously first class.

Main Web Site-Ace Rimmer-System Information
ajax
Veteran Member
Old 06-09-2005 , 20:31  
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace Rimmer
Hi Ajax,
I did try this great script but unfortunately I found that my rented server became jerky as the bomb was counting down. I guess this could be a sign of an underpowered server?

Anyways, I had to cut our most of it and just added the sound triggers to the internal sounds. ( I already had a basic countdown timer).

Anyway just thought you should know.

Please note this is not a complaint or grumble, the script is obviously first class.

when i was writing the script, i had concerns about extra lag. but by the time it was done, i was fairly confident that the end execution of commands was similar to the original.

i think any countdown script will have the potential for lag and it will depend on the server. there were some servers that couldn't even run the original script. if your server was just marginally powerful enough to run the old script, it's easy to imagine that the new one could push you over the lagged-to-hell edge.

that's part of the reason i left the original script file accessible instead of replacing it with this one. and if you like any of the voice sets found in the new script pack, it is easily transferable to the old script. let me know if anyone needs help doing that, too.
ajax
Veteran Member
Old 06-09-2005 , 20:38  
Reply With Quote #7

btw there is another solution if the script pack lags your server when the original script didn't. open the file bomb_beep.cfg and remove any if/then line your server doesn't need. for instance if you want to use the overwatch voice, you can really trim the file down by removing any line that is red...
Quote:
// C4 COUNTDOWN Script Pack by ajax
// EventScripts v0.7.7

es_math beeps + 1

// voice
if (server_var(beeps) equalto server_var(b30)) then c4voice30 // not used for overwatch
if (server_var(beeps) equalto server_var(b20)) then c4voice20 // not used for overwatch
if (server_var(beeps) equalto server_var(b10)) then c4voice10 // not used for overwatch
if (server_var(beeps) equalto server_var(b09)) then c4voice09 // not used for overwatch
if (server_var(beeps) equalto server_var(b0) then c4voice08 // not used for overwatch
if (server_var(beeps) equalto server_var(b07)) then c4voice07 // not used for overwatch
if (server_var(beeps) equalto server_var(b06)) then c4voice06 // not used for overwatch
if (server_var(beeps) equalto server_var(b05)) then c4voice05
if (server_var(beeps) equalto server_var(b04)) then c4voice04
if (server_var(beeps) equalto server_var(b03)) then c4voice03
if (server_var(beeps) equalto server_var(b02)) then c4voice02
if (server_var(beeps) equalto server_var(b01)) then c4voice01

// display
if (server_var(beeps) equalto server_var(b30)) then c4message30 // not used for overwatch
if (server_var(beeps) equalto server_var(b20)) then c4message20 // not used for overwatch
if (server_var(beeps) equalto server_var(b10)) then c4message10 // not used for overwatch
if (server_var(beeps) equalto server_var(b09)) then c4message09 // not used for overwatch
if (server_var(beeps) equalto server_var(b0) then c4message08 // not used for overwatch
if (server_var(beeps) equalto server_var(b07)) then c4message07 // not used for overwatch
if (server_var(beeps) equalto server_var(b06)) then c4message06 // not used for overwatch
if (server_var(beeps) equalto server_var(b05)) then c4message05
if (server_var(beeps) equalto server_var(b04)) then c4message04
if (server_var(beeps) equalto server_var(b03)) then c4message03
if (server_var(beeps) equalto server_var(b02)) then c4message02
if (server_var(beeps) equalto server_var(b01)) then c4message01
Ace Rimmer
Old 06-10-2005 , 09:01  
Reply With Quote #8

Yes I have gone back to:

Code:
// C4 COUNTER
es_math beeps + 1
if (server_var(beeps) equalto server_var(b05)) then es_xcentermsg 5
if (server_var(beeps) equalto server_var(b04)) then es_xcentermsg 4
if (server_var(beeps) equalto server_var(b03)) then es_xcentermsg 3
if (server_var(beeps) equalto server_var(b02)) then es_xcentermsg 2
if (server_var(beeps) equalto server_var(b01)) then es_xcentermsg 1

// female
if (server_var(beeps) equalto server_var(b05)) then ma_cexec #ALL playgamesound npc/overwatch/radiovoice/five.wav
if (server_var(beeps) equalto server_var(b04)) then ma_cexec #ALL playgamesound npc/overwatch/radiovoice/four.wav
if (server_var(beeps) equalto server_var(b03)) then ma_cexec #ALL playgamesound npc/overwatch/radiovoice/three.wav
if (server_var(beeps) equalto server_var(b02)) then ma_cexec #ALL playgamesound npc/overwatch/radiovoice/two.wav
if (server_var(beeps) equalto server_var(b01)) then ma_cexec #ALL playgamesound npc/overwatch/radiovoice/one.wav

Main Web Site-Ace Rimmer-System Information
awuh0
Old 06-10-2005 , 14:14  
Reply With Quote #9

you can use vox if you want bigger built in numbers to play
find a better way to play CSS, connect to...
thewuh.servebeer.com
thecircus.servebeer.com
Send a message via ICQ to awuh0 Send a message via AIM to awuh0 Send a message via MSN to awuh0
ajax
Veteran Member
Old 06-10-2005 , 14:28  
Reply With Quote #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by awuh0
you can use vox if you want bigger built in numbers to play
sounds good... what are you talking about?