12% 

[L4D & L4D2] Survivor Bot Takeover v0.8

Post New Thread Reply   

arrowghost
Old 07-23-2014 , 18:21   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Survivor Bot Takeover v0.8
Reply With Quote #141

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munch View Post
In the event you are incapped type !takeover in the chat or bind to a key to take control of another bot
In the event you are dead you will be prompted to take control of a another bot

If you downloaded the files from post 1 the gamedata.txt will be out of date try this version
https://forums.alliedmods.net/showpo...&postcount=123

If you want to choose another character then you have the wrong plugin.
Oh... very well. Anyway, I'll PM you so you can help me out since you're more familiar than I am when it comes to this. Thanks for telling me.
NinjaCookie
Old 01-20-2015 , 10:49   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Survivor Bot Takeover v0.8
Reply With Quote #142

I realise this was made a very long time ago but if you are still active is it possible to select the player you wish to change too, instead of it being randomly picked?
winged_box
Old 09-26-2015 , 00:24   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Survivor Bot Takeover v0.8
Reply With Quote #143

I keep getting 'takeover FAILED' message when want to take over.

Already using the latest gamedata mentioned by munch.

Last edited by winged_box; 09-26-2015 at 00:25.
Merudo
Old 02-07-2016 , 01:06   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Survivor Bot Takeover v0.8
Reply With Quote #144

I came across two bugs while using v0.8

First, even on default settings, there is no option to take over. Instead, the takeover occurs immediately without any prompt or option.

Second, one time a player died as Bill, and took over a Coach bot. However when Bill defibrillated, the player took over Bill's body. Strangely this caused Coach to die and his body to vanish. I had to use a cheat command to bring him back to life.

EDIT: The bug with the defibrillator is unrelated to Survivor Bot Takeover, and is in fact a bug occurring when there are more than 4 survivors. It can be fixed here.

Last edited by Merudo; 02-13-2016 at 15:09.
eyal282
Veteran Member
Old 05-07-2017 , 14:01   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Survivor Bot Takeover v0.8
Reply With Quote #145

Hey. I remade your plugin and added the ability to choose which bot to replace. The list of bots will appear according to 80+ HP, 60+ HP, 40+ HP, 20+ HP, Above 0 HP, Incap, Jockeyed ( near incap ), Hanging ( Can't shoot... ), Pinned, Incap & Pinned. I'm a bad scripter in Sourcemod but it's working so why not posting it...

If someone has a server with !buy heal he can use this for players to choose who to take over.

Edit: I completely changed the sorting according to the tiers and health. It works so far but it testing isn't efficient with bots to be honest, I hope no bugs are found. Maybe the next thing to be made is to add black and white and incaps before black and white. If you have a formula that's fair enough to follow I'd love to see one. If you surely want a stable one don't choose the new one.
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (Takeover.sp - 1238 views - 28.1 KB)
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (TakeoverNew.sp - 1806 views - 28.3 KB)
File Type: txt l4d_takeover.txt (1.1 KB, 1025 views)

Last edited by eyal282; 05-12-2017 at 11:38.
muukis
Veteran Member
Old 05-08-2017 , 02:31   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Survivor Bot Takeover v0.8
Reply With Quote #146

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyal282 View Post
Hey. I remade your plugin and added the ability to choose which bot to replace. The list of bots will appear according to 80+ HP, 60+ HP, 40+ HP, 20+ HP, Above 0 HP, Incap, Jockeyed ( near incap ), Hanging ( Can't shoot... ), Pinned, Incap & Pinned. I'm a bad scripter in Sourcemod but it's working so why not posting it...

If someone has a server with !buy heal he can use this for players to choose who to take over.
Well done!

Though certainly not superhuman, the man's prowess inspires an excess of whispered rumors. But those rumors remain in the realm of speculation.
yeahya
Old 07-09-2017 , 00:51   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Survivor Bot Takeover v0.8
Reply With Quote #147

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyal282 View Post

Edit: I completely changed the sorting according to the tiers and health. It works so far but it testing isn't efficient with bots to be honest, I hope no bugs are found. Maybe the next thing to be made is to add black and white and incaps before black and white. If you have a formula that's fair enough to follow I'd love to see one. If you surely want a stable one don't choose the new one.
thx for ur change, it work pretty well except two things.

I only set l4d_takeover_autodeath 1 and autoincap is 0, when players is catched by smoker, they also receive the takeover menu, is there any way to close this function?

The second thing is when somebody is in idle and has a bot belong to him/her, other players also see that bot list on the takeover menu, if they select his/her bot, they just become a spectator, any way to fix the problem that avoid listing bot that belong to other idle player?

Last edited by yeahya; 07-09-2017 at 00:51.
krokroJoujou
Old 01-31-2018 , 13:54   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Survivor Bot Takeover v0.8
Reply With Quote #148

it creates some wierd bug at server start and i suspect it the reasonthe Overkill final is buged to death now.

CreateBoundSocket: ::bind returned error [no name available]

EDIT : the Overkill final bug is due to the tickrate enabler plugin. And the CreateBoundSocket is not due to Bot takeover plugin either.

Last edited by krokroJoujou; 02-01-2018 at 11:20.
eyal282
Veteran Member
Old 01-31-2018 , 17:01   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Survivor Bot Takeover v0.8
Reply With Quote #149

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeahya View Post
thx for ur change, it work pretty well except two things.

I only set l4d_takeover_autodeath 1 and autoincap is 0, when players is catched by smoker, they also receive the takeover menu, is there any way to close this function?

The second thing is when somebody is in idle and has a bot belong to him/her, other players also see that bot list on the takeover menu, if they select his/her bot, they just become a spectator, any way to fix the problem that avoid listing bot that belong to other idle player?
Never noticed I programmed it to match my own server and ignored cvars.
Anyways I highly suspect it can be extremely abused since a smoker once released a survivor due to takeover.

Discord: Eyal282#1334
3A2watup
Old 05-20-2018 , 20:45   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Survivor Bot Takeover v0.8
Reply With Quote #150

it would be cool if someone who knows how to change that stuff could fix this issue with the smoker and spectator as reported by yeahya. The original one also is glitched for me..