TEAM_TWO_TAG "[FaZe]"
PLAYER_NUM 5

[2]
STATUS "UNFINISHED"
START_DATE "09/25/18 03:23"
TEAM_ONE_TAG "[Liquid]"
TEAM_TWO_TAG "[TSM]"
PLAYER_NUM 
So basically [1] represents the ID, from which I will be able to identify the class.
Now, I need a method to remove the classes by ID. Let's say we want to remove [1].

The file should look like this when we remove [1].
PHP Code:
[2]
STATUS "UNFINISHED"
START_DATE "08/25/18 03:23"
TEAM_ONE_TAG "[Liquid]"
TEAM_TWO_TAG "[TSM]"
PLAYER_NUM 
In simple words, I want to detect the 5 lines under the specified ID and ignore them.

I have an idea which should work, by adding the ID number of that class in front of each sentence but I'm looking for a better solution.

Thanks for any help!

Last edited by edon1337; 08-30-2018 at 10:15.
fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 08-30-2018 , 10:16   Re: Classifying File
Reply With Quote #2

Presumably you read this data in already such that you can index it. Simply write back the data without the one you don't want.
Old 08-30-2018 , 10:20   Re: Classifying File
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by fysiks View Post
Presumably you read this data in already such that you can index it. Simply write back the data without the one you don't want.
It's not as easy as it looks to index these 'classes' as the only thing that differs among them is the ID. I know how to get rid of a line, the problem is indexing them.

What I'm incapable of is finding all the corresponding lines that belong to an ID, I'll highlight the ID's in blue and the corresponding lines of each ID in red:

Quote:
[1]
STATUS = "UNFINISHED"
START_DATE = "08/24/18 03:14"
TEAM_ONE_TAG = "[TSM]"
TEAM_TWO_TAG = "[FaZe]"
PLAYER_NUM = 5

[2]
STATUS = "UNFINISHED"
START_DATE = "08/25/18 03:23"
TEAM_ONE_TAG = "[Liquid]"
TEAM_TWO_TAG = "[TSM]"
PLAYER_NUM = 3

It would be quite easy to index them if I did this

Quote:
[1]
1_STATUS = "UNFINISHED"
1_START_DATE = "08/24/18 03:14"
1_TEAM_ONE_TAG = "[TSM]"
1_TEAM_TWO_TAG = "[FaZe]"
1_PLAYER_NUM = 5

[2]
2_STATUS = "UNFINISHED"
2_START_DATE = "08/25/18 03:23"
2_TEAM_ONE_TAG = "[Liquid]"
2_TEAM_TWO_TAG = "[TSM]"
2_PLAYER_NUM = 3

But, I'm trying to avoid that way.

Last edited by edon1337; 08-30-2018 at 10:23.
HamletEagle
AMX Mod X Plugin Approver
Old 08-30-2018 , 10:43   Re: Classifying File
Reply With Quote #4

You did not understand what fysiks said. When you read the data you most likely save it in a trie/array or something. Let's say it's a dynamic array, then you can simply skip a specific entry in the array and write all the other items. You just need to be smart about how you organize your data: for example class 0 is at index 0, class 1 at index 1, etc.

A worse way, if you want to work directly with the file, once you find the wanted index skip all lines until you find another index, it's not hard.

Last edited by HamletEagle; 08-30-2018 at 10:43.
edon1337
Penguin Enthusiast
Old 08-30-2018 , 11:17   Re: Classifying File
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by HamletEagle View Post
You did not understand what fysiks said. When you read the data you most likely save it in a trie/array or something. Let's say it's a dynamic array, then you can simply skip a specific entry in the array and write all the other items. You just need to be smart about how you organize your data: for example class 0 is at index 0, class 1 at index 1, etc.
Oh, I see, nice idea. I was too carried away with deleting the lines I had no time to think of a better way.
I was using string array or w/e you call it combined with enum that's why I needed an ID, using CellArray, it won't be needed anymore.

Is this okay? There might even be a way where I don't even need to fill eData array but I can't bother thinking.
PHP Code:
CheckSchedule( )
{
    new 
szConfigs32 ], szFormat64 ], szData128 ], szKey32 ], szValue32 ];

get_configsdirszConfigscharsmaxszConfigs ) );

formatexszFormatcharsmaxszFormat ), "%s/%s"szConfigsg_szFile );
    new 
iFilePointer fopenszFormat"rt" );

new 
eDataTournamentData ];

if( 
iFilePointer )
    {
        while( 
fgetsiFilePointerszDatacharsmaxszData ) ) )
        {
            if( 
szData] == EOS || ( szData] == '/' && szData] == '/' ) || szData] == ';' || szData] == '[' )
            continue;

trimszData );  

strtokszDataszKeycharsmaxszKey ), szValuecharsmaxszValue ), '=' );

trimszKey );

trimszValue );

if( 
equalszKey"TOURNAMENT_START_DATE" ) )

eDataTOURNAMENT_START_DATE ] = szValue;

else if( 
equalszKey"TOURNAMENT_TEAM_ONE_TAG" ) )

eDataTOURNAMENT_TEAM_ONE_TAG ] = szValue;

else if( 
equalszKey"TOURNAMENT_TEAM_TWO_TAG" ) )

eDataTOURNAMENT_TEAM_TWO_TAG ] = szValue;

else if( 
equalszKey"TOURNAMENT_PLAYER_NUM" ) )

eDataTOURNAMENT_PLAYER_NUM ] = szValue;

else if( 
equalszKey"TOURNAMENT_STATUS" ) )

eDataTOURNAMENT_STATUS ] = szValue;

if( 
equaleDataTOURNAMENT_STATUS ], "UNFINISHED" ) )
            {                    

ArrayPushArrayg_aTournamentDataeData );
            }
        }

fcloseiFilePointer );
    }

Last edited by edon1337; 08-30-2018 at 11:20.
CrazY.
Veteran Member
Old 08-31-2018 , 08:42   Re: Classifying File
Reply With Quote #6

You can try to use this code as an base.

Code:
/**  * Removes a key from a vault  *  * @param vaultname Vault name to look in  * @param key      Key to remove  * @return    No return  */ stock fvault_remove_key(const vaultname[], const key[]) {     new filename[128];     _FormatVaultName(vaultname, filename, sizeof(filename) - 1);         if( !file_exists(filename) )     {         return;     }         new file = fopen(_temp_vault, "wt");         new vault = fopen(filename, "rt");         new _data[512], _key[64], _other[3];     new bool:found_key;         while( !feof(vault) )     {         fgets(vault, _data, sizeof(_data) - 1);         parse(_data, _key, sizeof(_key) - 1, _other, sizeof(_other) - 1);                 if( equal(_key, key) )         {             found_key = true;             continue;         }                 fputs(file, _data);     }         fclose(file);     fclose(vault);         if( found_key )     {         delete_file(filename);                 while( !rename_file(_temp_vault, filename, 1) ) { }     }     else     {         delete_file(_temp_vault);     } }

edon1337
Penguin Enthusiast
Old 08-31-2018 , 08:46   Re: Classifying File
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazY. View Post
You can try to use this code as an base.

Code:
/**  * Removes a key from a vault  *  * @param vaultname Vault name to look in  * @param key      Key to remove  * @return    No return  */ stock fvault_remove_key(const vaultname[], const key[]) {     new filename[128];     _FormatVaultName(vaultname, filename, sizeof(filename) - 1);         if( !file_exists(filename) )     {         return;     }         new file = fopen(_temp_vault, "wt");         new vault = fopen(filename, "rt");         new _data[512], _key[64], _other[3];     new bool:found_key;         while( !feof(vault) )     {         fgets(vault, _data, sizeof(_data) - 1);         parse(_data, _key, sizeof(_key) - 1, _other, sizeof(_other) - 1);                 if( equal(_key, key) )         {             found_key = true;             continue;         }                 fputs(file, _data);     }         fclose(file);     fclose(vault);         if( found_key )     {         delete_file(filename);                 while( !rename_file(_temp_vault, filename, 1) ) { }     }     else     {         delete_file(_temp_vault);     } }
As everyone said above, it's better to not push the data into the array in the first place rather than pushing it and deleting.
Old 08-31-2018 , 09:24   Re: Classifying File
Reply With Quote #8

Um? I'm not sure about who you're referring... The code I sent to you does exactly what @fysiks said.

edon1337
Penguin Enthusiast
Old 08-31-2018 , 10:09   Re: Classifying File
Reply With Quote #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazY. View Post
Um? I'm not sure about who you're referring... The code I sent to you does exactly what @fysiks said.
It removes a key, meanwhile I'm able to simply skip it or ignore. My problem is solved I only need to test it and see whether it works as expected.
Old 08-31-2018 , 19:09   Re: Classifying File
Reply With Quote #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by edon1337 View Post
Oh, I see, nice idea. I was too carried away with deleting the lines I had no time to think of a better way.
I was using string array or w/e you call it combined with enum that's why I needed an ID, using CellArray, it won't be needed anymore.

Is this okay? There might even be a way where I don't even need to fill eData array but I can't bother thinking.
A general tip: remember to reset your variable's value when using them inside a for/while loop, it will help you to prevent bugs.

For example, if your 2nd or 3rd index will miss one of the strings (lets say 'TOURNAMENT_START_DATE') you'll accidentally push wrong information to your array because eData[ TOURNAMENT_START_DATE ] already has a value from the previous iterations.