Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

[tf2] i need a little help here.

Post New Thread Reply   

aspurgin
Old 04-20-2010 , 20:23   [tf2] i need a little help here.
Reply With Quote #1

looking through the sourcemod scripting tutorials didn't get me what i was looking for, so i guess i'll ask here.

i need a simple plugin, well i hope its simple. i need a plugin/command that would do the following when a predefined person plays a specific class:
  • make them invincible, Buddha style, so knockback still works
  • make them harmless, unable to hurt other players
  • infinate ammo.
i feel lazy and bad for just asking for this, but i have a feeling i would have to learn a lot of stuff that i would never have use for before i got to the point where i could make this. feel free to scorn, jeer, and throw rotten tomatoes at the sourcemod noob.
FaTony
Veteran Member
Old 04-21-2010 , 00:24   Re: [tf2] i need a little help here.
Reply With Quote #2

1. Very difficult without cheats.
2. Extension.
3. Rather simple, search.
retsam
Veteran Member
Old 04-21-2010 , 00:48   Re: [tf2] i need a little help here.
Reply With Quote #3

Im not sure if youre looking for scripting help or if this is some odd way to request a plugin, if it is, its in the wrong section.

Just to add to what FaTony said:

1. There are a few ways of doing invulnerability. a) Massive health. Of course backstabs would still kill the player, but other than that knockback and other junk works. Not the best choice as health drains again in TF2. I guess some way to keep giving them health might work? b) True godmode: SetEntProp(target, Prop_Data, "m_takedamage", 0, 1); This option of course wouldnt allow for knockback. c) Use SDKHOOKS extension and block damage done. d) (worst choice): Use hurt hook and return health lost to them.

2. Kinda of same as the first one except in reverse. SDKhooks would be best here again. But you could do a hurt hook and return health back. (Theres already a plugin around that does this).

3. ^ what he said.

Last edited by retsam; 04-21-2010 at 00:51.