0% 

This pisses me off so much

Post New Thread Reply   

toughdog6789
Old 07-23-2009 , 22:37   This pisses me off so much
Reply With Quote #1

http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=866303

when shit like this doesn't work.

i end up restarting my server like 4 times to find out i need another plugin cuz this crap doesn't work, then i get another plugin, restart the server AGAIN, and everyone's gone.

and now the god damn "melee only" shit i downloaded only switches people to melee weapons, and doesnt do anything else

AND NOW THERES NO GOD DAMN CFG FILE AAAAHHHH I HATE EVERYONE WHO DOES THIS SHIT, AND WHO ARE THE ASSHOLES WHO APPROVE THESE JACKASSES?!?!?! THANKS bl4nk FOR NOT INCLUDING THE GOD DAMN CFG, AND THANKS Antithasys FOR APPROVING THIS, I HATE YOU BOTH.

no, i'm sorry, this works perfectly. this melee pistol i'm using is awesome. the bullet smacks them in the face with a bat as it hits them.

Last edited by toughdog6789; 07-23-2009 at 22:50.
Chris-_-
SourceMod Donor
Old 07-23-2009 , 23:16   Re: This pisses me off so much
Reply With Quote #2

Phunneh rage.

FYI: SourceMod 1.3.0 Snapshot r2742 or later.

There probably is no CFG because it's not neccesary, due to the fact that there is only 3 cvars to change, which you can easily add into any other cfg file.

Last edited by Chris-_-; 07-24-2009 at 09:59.
retsam
Veteran Member
Old 07-23-2009 , 23:25   Re: This pisses me off so much
Reply With Quote #3

lol... rage more!

Youre supposed to add them to the config file yourself. Not all plugins auto-create. Like he said, basically people dont auto-create configs if theres only a few cvars.... Learn how to install plugins.
DaFox
Old 07-23-2009 , 23:48   Re: This pisses me off so much
Reply With Quote #4

lmao.

You shouldn't be fooling around with new plugins on a large public server. Have a mirror of your addons folder on your listen server.
Doggie52
Old 07-24-2009 , 03:37   Re: This pisses me off so much
Reply With Quote #5

The funny part about all this is that the said plugin actually does create its own cfg file.

Code:
AutoExecConfig(true, "plugin.meleeonly");
What is that second plugin you said you needed? Don't tell me it's the phrases - in that case all you need to do is add a text file in the correct folder...

And also, caps tend to make you look like an idiot. Try using them less.
Gachl
BANNED
Old 07-24-2009 , 04:12   Re: This pisses me off so much
Reply With Quote #6

I use the plugin and it just works fine. Instead of restarting your server I recommend you to install a "test server" where you put all your plugins and the new one and TEST if it WORKS and HOW it works. And then if it doesnt works I recomment you to READ the console output and check it for any errors and google them to get a solution. And if there are no errors I recomment you to READ the whole thread of the plugin to see if someone else has got the same problem and how to solve it. And if NOT, then just ASK what you did wrong in the THREAD of the plugin.
After you got the plugin running on your testserver you can finally upload it to your good server and put all config files in etc and then type "sm plugins load thepluginname" to load it WITHOUT restarting.
Sexual Harassment Panda
Veteran Member
Old 07-24-2009 , 05:15   Re: This pisses me off so much
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gachl View Post
I use the plugin and it just works fine. Instead of restarting your server I recommend you to install a "test server" where you put all your plugins and the new one and TEST if it WORKS and HOW it works. And then if it doesnt works I recomment you to READ the console output and check it for any errors and google them to get a solution. And if there are no errors I recomment you to READ the whole thread of the plugin to see if someone else has got the same problem and how to solve it. And if NOT, then just ASK what you did wrong in the THREAD of the plugin.
After you got the plugin running on your testserver you can finally upload it to your good server and put all config files in etc and then type "sm plugins load thepluginname" to load it WITHOUT restarting.
^^this - Use the tools at your disposal.
Old 07-24-2009 , 10:02   Re: This pisses me off so much
Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doggie52 View Post
The funny part about all this is that the said plugin actually does create its own cfg file.

Code:
AutoExecConfig(true, "plugin.meleeonly");
What is that second plugin you said you needed? Don't tell me it's the phrases - in that case all you need to do is add a text file in the correct folder...

And also, caps tend to make you look like an idiot. Try using them less.
Gah, i really should have taken the time to check instead of assuming *It was 5.00 AM*
pheadxdll
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-24-2009 , 10:19   Re: This pisses me off so much
Reply With Quote #9

I understand you might be fustrated, but this isn't the proper way to get help/support. If you are having trouble with a plugin, post a reply in that plugin's thread.
bl4nk
SourceMod Developer
Old 07-24-2009 , 12:58   Re: This pisses me off so much
Reply With Quote #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by toughdog6789 View Post
Works great for me, and many other people.

Quote:
and now the god damn "melee only" shit i downloaded only switches people to melee weapons, and doesnt do anything else
Try disabling melee only by either using sm_meleeonly or by using the admin menu.

Quote:
AND NOW THERES NO GOD DAMN CFG FILE AAAAHHHH I HATE EVERYONE WHO DOES THIS SHIT, AND WHO ARE THE ASSHOLES WHO APPROVE THESE JACKASSES?!?!?! THANKS bl4nk FOR NOT INCLUDING THE GOD DAMN CFG, AND THANKS Antithasys FOR APPROVING THIS, I HATE YOU BOTH.
There is no config file attached with the plugin, because it's automatically created. This quote is from the original post in the thread:
Quote:
Installation:
Download the plugin and place it in your ~/tf/addons/sourcemod/plugins/ folder.
Download the translation files and place it in your ~/tf/addons/sourcemod/translations/ folder.

Manually load the plugin, change the map, or restart the server for the plugin to be loaded.
Configure the cvars listed above in the ~/tf/cfg/sourcemod/plugin.meleeonly.cfg file to customize the plugin to your liking.