Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

Unusual particles for donators

Post New Thread Reply   

imbullg0d
Old 11-18-2010 , 11:31   Unusual particles for donators
Reply With Quote #1

Anyone know where I can find the plugin that will allow me to add unusual particles to hats as a donator perk for my server?

I don't know if this is part of that custom hats thing or not. I don't know where to find the custom hats plugin or mod or whatever it is, can someone point me in the right direction please?

It works something like this: Unusual Hat Particle Attached to one of your current hats. (Only on this server)

Unusual Hat Particle:

“Green Confetti”
“Purple Confetti”
“Haunted Ghosts”
“Green Energy”
“Purple Energy”
“Circling TF Logo”
“Massed Flies”
“Burning Flames”
“Scorching Flames”
“Searing Plasma”
“Vivid Plasma”
“Sunbeams”
“Circling Peace Sign”
“Circling Heart”
McFlurry
Veteran Member
Old 11-18-2010 , 16:57   Re: Unusual particles for donators
Reply With Quote #2

I'll be glad to make this for you, all I need(don't really but will help) is the flag that you want to have unusual particles.
Old 11-18-2010 , 18:55   Re: Unusual particles for donators
Reply With Quote #3

Would Valve frown at something like this since you are using their content?

I think you would be better off making your own particle effect to ensure the rest of the community doesn't get punished (like we all did with attachments).
imbullg0d
Old 11-18-2010 , 19:26   Re: Unusual particles for donators
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by McFlurry View Post
I'll be glad to make this for you, all I need(don't really but will help) is the flag that you want to have unusual particles.
For a flag, I'd say to use "s" as I'm already using that flag for reserved slots I think. My donators get reserved slots also.

However, isn't this kinda tied to that custom hats plugin or whatever it is? If it's not and it can be handled by a plugin, that would be great. It would need to work on their existing hats, not some custom hats that are downloaded from the server.

So.. if you could make it, possibly make it so they can choose a particle from a menu or something?

This would be really cool, I'd really appreciate it, and I know my clients will, and I'm sure others that use the plugin would also.

Thanks for the interest!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meow Mix View Post
Would Valve frown at something like this since you are using their content?

I think you would be better off making your own particle effect to ensure the rest of the community doesn't get punished (like we all did with attachments).
I don't know if they would have a problem with it, if they did, I'd remove the plugin from the server. However, I'd like to find out. ;)

Last edited by imbullg0d; 11-18-2010 at 19:28.
McFlurry
Veteran Member
Old 11-18-2010 , 21:25   Re: Unusual particles for donators
Reply With Quote #5

I'll get on writing this tomorrow, I have no time today anymore.
Old 11-18-2010 , 22:07   Re: Unusual particles for donators
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by McFlurry View Post
I'll get on writing this tomorrow, I have no time today anymore.
Thanks man, cant wait to see what ya come up with.. looking forward to it!

Thanks again!
xomp
BANNED
Old 11-19-2010 , 13:19   Re: Unusual particles for donators
Reply With Quote #7

It's tons easier to use the TF2Items extension that asherkin made. I use it for our forum members to attract more members and it works great! You can put effects on groups of people or individual steam id's!

Word of warning though, be alert to the quality of players you allow particles attachments too. I had an instance where a guy on my server signed up to get the particle effect then tried trading his non-vintage normal hat with particles attached as an unusual hat asking for 4 hats!

It's inevitable I guess, just be careful. We don't need Valve breaking it like they did with player attachments.

Last edited by xomp; 11-19-2010 at 13:24.
Send a message via Skype™ to xomp
imbullg0d
Old 11-19-2010 , 21:06   Re: Unusual particles for donators
Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by xomp View Post
It's tons easier to use the TF2Items extension that asherkin made. I use it for our forum members to attract more members and it works great! You can put effects on groups of people or individual steam id's!

Word of warning though, be alert to the quality of players you allow particles attachments too. I had an instance where a guy on my server signed up to get the particle effect then tried trading his non-vintage normal hat with particles attached as an unusual hat asking for 4 hats!

It's inevitable I guess, just be careful. We don't need Valve breaking it like they did with player attachments.
Ok, well.. I have a question. I loaded that plugin, but how do I assign the particles? This seems kind of complicated to use. I am looking for a menu based plugin that people can choose or change their own particles.

Maybe if there was more information about this plugin, it might be easier to use. I may be missing something, but it doesn't look like clients can choose what they can use/get.

Help me understand please?

The tf2items plugin may be doing more than I'm asking for. A simpler option would be better I believe.

@ McFlurry - Add me on friends if you like. http://steamcommunity.com/id/imbullgod

Last edited by imbullg0d; 11-19-2010 at 21:27.
DontWannaName
Veteran Member
Old 11-20-2010 , 16:22   Re: Unusual particles for donators
Reply With Quote #9

Valve will not like this... Its the same thing with hats, it takes away from their rarity if we start messing with their effects.

MjrNuT
SourceMod Donor
Old 11-20-2010 , 21:56   Re: Unusual particles for donators
Reply With Quote #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontWannaName View Post
Valve will not like this... Its the same thing with hats, it takes away from their rarity if we start messing with their effects.

I saw particle effects for your donators on the TN servers.