Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

SQL Help\code

Post New Thread Reply   

Bugsy
AMX Mod X Moderator
Old 03-09-2009 , 11:43   SQL Help\code
Reply With Quote #1

I am trying to convert my VAC ban status plugin (see sig) from using nVault to SQLx. I have no experience in SQL and do not want to experiment with it on peoples servers. Is the AMX-X SQL protocol identical to that used by Windows? If so I could research it myself. The usage I need is fairly basic:

For each player, I need the following data, using the players STEAMID or IP as the lookup key:
0/1 [ban status] 12353543 [time-stamp]

What I need help with:
  • Setting up the db for fresh plugin installs
  • How to look up an entry using steamid\ip and retrieve the respective ban status and timestamp.
  • How to create an entry using items noted above
  • How to delete an entry
  • How to update an item (ie, suppose someone connects and their time-stamp has expired, instead of deleting the entry and creating a new one, just update the ban status and timestamp)

+karma to anyone who can help

Note: Yes, I have read the tutorial by hawk but that looks more geared towards people that already know SQL.
Old 03-09-2009 , 12:06   Re: SQL Help\code
Reply With Quote #2

Well, now i see your plugin and I can help you.

Was info you need to save into db?

Last edited by AntiBots; 03-09-2009 at 12:15.
Send a message via ICQ to AntiBots Send a message via MSN to AntiBots Send a message via Skype™ to AntiBots
Bugsy
AMX Mod X Moderator
Old 03-10-2009 , 01:00   Re: SQL Help\code
Reply With Quote #3

I need to find a ban value (0 or 1) and a timestamp for when the entry was written for a player. I want to use the players steamid or IP as the look-up key
Old 03-31-2009 , 23:08   Re: SQL Help\code
Reply With Quote #4

Bump
Old 04-01-2009 , 04:45   Re: SQL Help\code
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugsy View Post

For each player, I need the following data, using the players STEAMID or IP as the lookup key:
0/1 [ban status] 12353543 [time-stamp]

What I need help with:
  • Setting up the db for fresh plugin installs
  • How to look up an entry using steamid\ip and retrieve the respective ban status and timestamp.
  • How to create an entry using items noted above
  • How to delete an entry
  • How to update an item (ie, suppose someone connects and their time-stamp has expired, instead of deleting the entry and creating a new one, just update the ban status and timestamp)

the query commands are the same like php, but the handle is different. response calls a handle function not just in time (depends on db connection quality, ping)
  • send a CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS query at plugin start
  • simple select query with WHERE, get response in the handle function
  • INSERT query
  • DELETE query
  • SELECT query, check timestamp in the handle function, if necessary make a UPDATE query
my english is very "well", so feel free to ask
i know, this is a very short explaination... but iīm currently @ work.

Last edited by |PJ| Shorty; 04-01-2009 at 04:52.
Send a message via ICQ to |PJ| Shorty Send a message via AIM to |PJ| Shorty Send a message via MSN to |PJ| Shorty Send a message via Yahoo to |PJ| Shorty Send a message via Skype™ to |PJ| Shorty
Bugsy
AMX Mod X Moderator
Old 04-01-2009 , 11:23   Re: SQL Help\code
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by |PJ| Shorty View Post
the query commands are the same like php, but the handle is different. response calls a handle function not just in time (depends on db connection quality, ping)
  • send a CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS query at plugin start
  • simple select query with WHERE, get response in the handle function
  • INSERT query
  • DELETE query
  • SELECT query, check timestamp in the handle function, if necessary make a UPDATE query
my english is very "well", so feel free to ask
i know, this is a very short explaination... but iīm currently @ work.
I do not know php or SQL and I do not want to experiment with this plugin that will be running on peoples servers. I'm hoping someone can contribute code.
Old 04-02-2009 , 02:28   Re: SQL Help\code
Reply With Quote #7

some questions:

- steamid allowed more than once in the db?
- timestamp is the info when the ban expired? if expired delete the db entry?
Send a message via ICQ to |PJ| Shorty Send a message via AIM to |PJ| Shorty Send a message via MSN to |PJ| Shorty Send a message via Yahoo to |PJ| Shorty Send a message via Skype™ to |PJ| Shorty
Bugsy
AMX Mod X Moderator
Old 04-03-2009 , 00:23   Re: SQL Help\code
Reply With Quote #8

Just one steam id in the db per player.

timestamp is set when the player connects for the first time (there is no entry in the db for this steamid) I want to retrieve this value on this players future connections and verify if the timestamp is expired, if so, delete entry.

My goal is to store a players VAC ban status so that a player will not keep getting re-checked every time he connects. If a VAC ban is found, the timestamp can be set to 0 or some other non-expireable value. If no VAC ban found then set a current timestamp so it can be later compared at future connections. The logic is once a player is banned then there is no possibility that he will be unbanned as VAC2 bans are permanent so no need to expire any db entries. However, if a player connects and has no VAC ban on record, there is a possibility that he can still be banned so we want to check this occasionally. To prevent the server from constantly checking the steam site for ban status I would rather store the ban status locally via the db and only check every 2 weeks or so, this is where the timestamp comes into play.

Last edited by Bugsy; 04-03-2009 at 00:28.
|PJ| Shorty
Veteran Member
Old 04-03-2009 , 15:46   Re: SQL Help\code
Reply With Quote #9

here is an example code, not tested but should work and you can see how this can be done.

select_user_db(id) search a player in the db. if exists store status and time-stamp from db to global vars, if not add the player to the db ( see line 98 )

update_user_db(id,status,timestamp) to update status and timestamp from a player in the db

delete_user_db(id) to delete a player from the db

if you need help feel free to ask
Attached Files
File Type: sma Get Plugin or Get Source (sqlx_example.sma - 775 views - 4.0 KB)

Last edited by |PJ| Shorty; 04-05-2009 at 19:06. Reason: 2. plugin update
Bugsy
AMX Mod X Moderator
Old 04-05-2009 , 09:27   Re: SQL Help\code
Reply With Quote #10

I added a few server_prints to the source so the error lineage may be 1 or 2 off in the source.

Code:
L 04/05/2009 - 09:25:35: [AMXX] Plugin ("sqlx_example.amxx") is setting itself as failed.
L 04/05/2009 - 09:25:35: [AMXX] Plugin says: SQL Query failed.
L 04/05/2009 - 09:25:35: [AMXX] Displaying debug trace (plugin "sqlx_example.amxx")
L 04/05/2009 - 09:25:35: [AMXX] Run time error 1: forced exit 
L 04/05/2009 - 09:25:35: [AMXX]    [0] sqlx_example.sma::SelectHandle (line 115)