AimBot Detection

Post New Thread Reply   

PauliusBa
Old 02-25-2009 , 17:25   Re: AimBot Detection
Reply With Quote #521

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Owyn. View Post
why not?
Because I want it do display autowatches and stuff - pretty verbosy. But without annoying with standing out with color. As I understand, the colorization will be added to all the messages, which I find as a problem. If only "detected" messages would be in color, it would be fine.
supergreg
Old 02-25-2009 , 18:38   Re: AimBot Detection
Reply With Quote #522

I also think coloring the brackets of the header is a nice touch if its only present on actual detections and not the other messages.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugsy View Post
Edit: I added a cvar to control the level of notifications:

ad_verbosemode, default 3
Very nice, thanks!

Quote:
I also had a thought about the actual detection process. I was thinking of adding an option (via cvar) where you can select the method of detection:

1. Detect if the bot is shot and meets the hit criteria (current method)
2. When the bot is spawned, check if the watched player is aiming at the bot. If so, detect.

What do you guys think?
I think it would be a valuable addon to be able to test both and try to find any differences. After a while one could try to excerpt some stats from this and see if the same people were detected in both modes, if one mode had noticeably more detections etc. If you care to code it, go for it!
flintridge
Old 02-25-2009 , 18:47   Re: AimBot Detection
Reply With Quote #523

Quote:
I also had a thought about the actual detection process. I was thinking of adding an option (via cvar) where you can select the method of detection:

1. Detect if the bot is shot and meets the hit criteria (current method)
2. When the bot is spawned, check if the watched player is aiming at the bot. If so, detect.

The reasoning is I originally designed the detection process with auto-shoot under the impression that forcing +attack on a player was equivalent to forcing a MOUSE1. The intention was to make the aimbots aim that are bound to MOUSE1 and only aim when the client fires. Being this is not the case, if the player aims at the bot once it is spawned, it really doesn't matter if the shooting takes place because the bullets only will hit if he is already aiming anyway (aimbots that aim whenever an enemy is in FOV). I did bring this up in the past and a few said don't change it but having the option to do so will allow us to see how this new method will work.

What do you guys think?

I would love any addition options to detection. I would also like to see in the verbose it state which detection it was though.
Old 02-25-2009 , 21:43   Re: AimBot Detection
Reply With Quote #524

Quote:
Originally Posted by PauliusBa View Post
I will add one more vote to not liking the colorization at all. One thing i know for sure, I will have a hard time converting everything back to normal messages, cuz I don't want this plugin to use colored messages.

Just and idea:
If a plugin can detect players aiming point, maybe it could detect recoil scripts/anti-recoild hacks, if there is a tendency for robotic (inhuman) movements?
Everything will not be colorized, read this post: http://forums.alliedmods.net/showpos...&postcount=511

The only time any color will come into play is when there is a detection. Everything else is in your standard orange\yellow. I'm on the fence still about if I am going to colorize the Aimbot Detection header text or just the brackets. If it gets bad reviews I am always open for change.
Old 02-26-2009 , 00:29   Re: AimBot Detection
Reply With Quote #525

@flintridge, you can select what info gets displayed to you via cvar. If you want notifications to appear as they did before verbose option was added, select option 3.

Code:
enum
{
	VERBOSE_0,	//All nofication disabled
	VERBOSE_1,	//Display detections only
	VERBOSE_2,	//Display only when watch enabled\disabled and when player detected
	VERBOSE_3	//Display everything
}
I put together the new detection method today and it is working nicely so far. This could potentially be a permanent replacement for the shooting method but for now I will leave both and allow the user to choose via cvar.

The new method will spawn a bot and then check if the watched player is aiming at it every 0.25 seconds for a total of [cvar ad_aimnumneeded] times (default 4). If the player was aiming at the bot each time, he will get detected. I will most likely have a release out this Sunday for everyone to try.

Last edited by Bugsy; 02-26-2009 at 00:36.
Bugsy
AMX Mod X Moderator
Old 02-28-2009 , 10:38   Re: AimBot Detection
Reply With Quote #526

Is anyone interesting in testing out the new release before I release to the public? I need the new detection method to be put through more testing and hopefully get some feedback for any needed changes. If interested please PM me with your email address.
Old 03-02-2009 , 16:51   Re: AimBot Detection
Reply With Quote #527

Any updates on that?
Bugsy
AMX Mod X Moderator
Old 03-02-2009 , 21:42   Re: AimBot Detection
Reply With Quote #528

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamaliska View Post
Any updates on that?
Gizmo is putting it through some testing, no info yet. My tests all went smoothly but I have not tested on a server with real players. All of my testing is done with podbots and ghw_hacks aimbot plugin.
Old 03-02-2009 , 22:08   Re: AimBot Detection
Reply With Quote #529

Hi, waiting for new update. Hey can you release it now? Because I want to test it on my server. Thanks
Gizmo
Old 03-03-2009 , 00:22   Re: AimBot Detection
Reply With Quote #530

Still no detections, i add it to the other 3 servers we have now also...