Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

[L4D/L4D2] Pistol Reloading

Post New Thread Reply   

xQd
Old 08-28-2017 , 19:32   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Pistol Reloading
Reply With Quote #21

I really like this plugin, but when the bots use the pistols they will eventually run out of ammo and won't do anything to help. They will just aim at the zombies and do nothing.

This bug is the only thing that annoys me. I hope you will be able to fix this problem.
MasterMind420
BANNED
Old 08-28-2017 , 19:36   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Pistol Reloading
Reply With Quote #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by xQd View Post
I really like this plugin, but when the bots use the pistols they will eventually run out of ammo and won't do anything to help. They will just aim at the zombies and do nothing.

This bug is the only thing that annoys me. I hope you will be able to fix this problem.
hmm bots should have infinite ammo, when they run out the plugin refills it...i'll test and see whats going on
xQd
Old 08-28-2017 , 20:13   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Pistol Reloading
Reply With Quote #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterMind420 View Post
hmm bots should have infinite ammo, when they run out the plugin refills it...i'll test and see whats going on
The problem is from OnGameFrame() function, where iFrameskip will always will be 1 because on each frame iFrameskip has the 0 value assigned to it. iFrameskip should be a global.
MasterMind420
BANNED
Old 08-30-2017 , 13:57   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Pistol Reloading
Reply With Quote #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by xQd View Post
The problem is from OnGameFrame() function, where iFrameskip will always will be 1 because on each frame iFrameskip has the 0 value assigned to it. iFrameskip should be a global.
don't make a global, just change

int iFrameskip = 0;

to

static int iFrameskip = 0;

good catch though, not sure why i didn't make it static to begin with...
mikaelangelis
Old 10-05-2018 , 19:39   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Pistol Reloading
Reply With Quote #25

What is unreal is that when my dual pistol out of ammo, i drop the pistol and repickup, the dual pistol have full ammo again LOL. anyway to fix it?
MasterMind420
BANNED
Old 10-06-2018 , 12:12   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Pistol Reloading
Reply With Quote #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikaelangelis View Post
What is unreal is that when my dual pistol out of ammo, i drop the pistol and repickup, the dual pistol have full ammo again LOL. anyway to fix it?
The original plugins ammo handling for pistols and magnums is absolute garbage...I have a new version i'm testing which fixes your issue and many others with handling the ammo...I'll release it soon.
KoMiKoZa
Old 12-21-2018 , 12:59   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Pistol Reloading
Reply With Quote #27

Quote:
The original plugins ammo handling for pistols and magnums is absolute garbage...I have a new version i'm testing which fixes your issue and many others with handling the ammo...I'll release it soon.
So is there no chance to get individual values for Pistols and Magnum at all? They'll always be the same because of the combined cvar?

Last edited by KoMiKoZa; 12-21-2018 at 12:59.
MasterMind420
BANNED
Old 12-21-2018 , 13:00   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Pistol Reloading
Reply With Quote #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoMiKoZa View Post
So is there no chance to get individual values for Pistols and Magnum at all? They'll always be the same because of the combined cvar?
Already implemented in the next version...granted i have the time i'll try and push the update in the next week or two.
KoMiKoZa
Old 12-21-2018 , 14:03   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Pistol Reloading
Reply With Quote #29

Quote:
Already implemented in the next version...granted i have the time i'll try and push the update in the next week or two.
Sweet! Will be waiting for that.

I'd also like to add to this:
Quote:
Here is a temporary release, I have incorporated pistol reloading into my unreleased plugin Gun Manager which replaces Gun Control and adds a few new features...I will be releasing it when I have the time to polish the code and test it more. If there are any issues let me know.
If you plan to replace Gun Control, I think it's absolutely necessary to separate semi-automatic (hunting rifle/military sniper) and bolt-action (awp/scout) rifles if you haven't already.

On my server AWP is an uberweapon, Scout takes the "second best" award. It makes no sense to have a general ammo count for all of the 4 snipers.

As a side idea, ammo randomization would also be a great addition.

Last edited by KoMiKoZa; 12-28-2018 at 08:13.
Captain Stubin
Old 01-02-2019 , 06:04   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Pistol Reloading
Reply With Quote #30

Do not know because of the plugin if the bug but in the end it turns out that When I have a gun and already shot the ammo left zero when I start to pick up the second gun which is also zero rounds but in the end it is not empty and again with 15 rounds of ammunition, plus my empty, you receive the same 15 cartridges.Can you fix it ?

https://youtu.be/0Ef2tDxU3Eg

Last edited by Captain Stubin; 01-02-2019 at 06:08.