Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

[CS:S] Buylevel (v1.1, 2010-09-14) ~ For GunGame:SM

Post New Thread Reply   

Artsemis
Old 10-04-2010 , 15:50   Re: [CS:S] Buylevel (v1.1, 2010-09-14) ~ For GunGame:SM
Reply With Quote #11

Thanks for the compliments, Whist.

I'm not quite sure if I understand your question, though. Can you please elaborate? !buylevel should indeed give your next level's gun if you're alive (assuming you're playing turbo mode). !give, on the other hand, would give your current weapon back with a full clip.
Send a message via AIM to Artsemis
Whist
Old 11-11-2010 , 10:15   Re: [CS:S] Buylevel (v1.1, 2010-09-14) ~ For GunGame:SM
Reply With Quote #12

Sorry, I have this subscribed to but apparently it never sent me an e-mail. Anyway, I was under the impression buylevel gave you your next gun whether it was turbo or not. I may be mistaken but this is what I recall from running my old server. If not, no big deal.
Old 11-11-2010 , 22:46   Re: [CS:S] Buylevel (v1.1, 2010-09-14) ~ For GunGame:SM
Reply With Quote #13

I've never really played non-turbo so I can't say for certain how it used to function in previous versions. I'm simply using GunGame's level-up method which uses any configurations for your server to apply the rules and what happens when you level up.

What you're saying does make sense though so perhaps I'll add that... it shouldn't be difficult.
zipcore
Veteran Member
Old 03-06-2011 , 14:36   Re: [CS:S] Buylevel (v1.1, 2010-09-14) ~ For GunGame:SM
Reply With Quote #14

Here is my version of your plugin (works now)

New:
-sm_ggbuylevel_death_reward
-Disable buylevel if alive
-Disable buylevel if leading

eNjoY
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (gg_buylevel_advanced.sp - 201 views - 9.0 KB)
File Type: smx gg_buylevel_advanced.smx (6.3 KB, 198 views)

Last edited by zipcore; 11-02-2011 at 13:07.
Artsemis
Old 04-27-2011 , 20:36   Re: [CS:S] Buylevel (v1.1, 2010-09-14) ~ For GunGame:SM
Reply With Quote #15

Ohh, just saw this -- great idea. If you don't mind I'll roll it into mine when I update it again.
cono
Old 07-22-2014 , 13:14   Re: [CS:S] Buylevel (v1.1, 2010-09-14) ~ For GunGame:SM
Reply With Quote #16

any chance someone is able to configure this script with teambets? i have teambets while players are dead and when i win money and spawn next round, the money i won dissapears.

this is the teambet plugin:
https://forums.alliedmods.net/showth...hlight=teambet

Last edited by cono; 07-22-2014 at 13:16.
Artsemis
Old 03-03-2015 , 10:38   Re: [CS:S] Buylevel (v1.1, 2010-09-14) ~ For GunGame:SM
Reply With Quote #17

I just noticed this was unapproved with the reason "reported not to work". I'm not sure when this happened but I don't believe it to be accurate and I see no posts in this thread indicating that to be true. We still use it in my community and have no issues.
Krillin
Old 10-20-2020 , 04:06   Re: [CS:S] Buylevel (v1.1, 2010-09-14) ~ For GunGame:SM
Reply With Quote #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artsemis View Post
I just noticed this was unapproved with the reason "reported not to work". I'm not sure when this happened but I don't believe it to be accurate and I see no posts in this thread indicating that to be true. We still use it in my community and have no issues.
We just got this today on our servers, the problem is the .sp will NOT compile today and I am not sure how long this has been going on. But here is the issue.

We just built our temporary servers within the past 45 days so SM and MM are the current build when I checked a few days ago. The version of GunGame is 1.2.16.0 (99.9% error free, one issue is a warning and he won't deal with it). One of the two errors are corrected but the 2nd issue is a warning and won't compile.

Code:
//// gg_buylevel.sp
//
// gg_buylevel.sp(55) : warning 234: symbol "FindSendPropOffs" is marked as deprecated: Use FindSendPropInfo instead, or HasEntProp if you just want to check for existence.
//
//
// gg_buylevel.sp(142) : error 181: function argument named 'WeaponId' differs from prototype
//
// 1 Error.
//
// Compilation Time: 0.73 sec
// ----------------------------------------
Line #142
Code:
public Action:GG_OnClientDeath(killer, victim, Weapons:WeaponId, bool:TeamKilled)
The second error will not go away no matter what we tried to do. So we revered the .sp back to the original file and only corrected the first issue (self explanatory).

I am not sure how this is going function with today's requirement. But if you need anything else from me, please let me know.

Krillin

Last edited by Krillin; 10-20-2020 at 04:09. Reason: Added GG:SM version being as there is a big difference from the OP.
Krillin
Old 11-17-2021 , 00:37   Re: [CS:S] Buylevel (v1.1, 2010-09-14) ~ For GunGame:SM
Reply With Quote #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artsemis View Post
It may just be because the owner has not kept the plugin up-to-date making this plugin "abandoned" as you can see. I posted an issue from 10/2020 and here we are today 11/17/2021 and no one has suggested a fix for this issue. And we use this on CS:S and it still runs despite changes to the engine. The issue now is failing to compile and will be a matter of time before it breaks entirely.

Wish Us Luck!