Plugin Version:
Plugin Category:
General Purpose
Plugin Game:
Counter-Strike: Source
Plugin Dependencies:
    Servers with this Plugin:

Plugin Description:
    An all-in-one multi-purpose configuration script for Surf based servers.
    Unapprover:
    Reason for Unapproving:
    Author requested unapproval.
    Old 11-04-2009 , 03:01   Unapprove Me! ~~ [CS:S] Surf Config
    Reply With Quote #1

Warning: Do Not Use. Plugin crashes servers and is not supported at this time.

Information:
    • Surf Config is designed to be a nearly all-in-one solution for anyone that wants to host a surf server yet do not want to burden their servers with death match or numerous plugins.
    Features:
    • Almost every feature is able to be enabled or disabled via a configuration file, if you do not want a specific module to be running.
    • Respawn Module
      • If enabled, players may receive a limited number of respawns, an infinite number of respawns, no respawns, or only one spawn granted to new players.
      • The amount of respawns a player receives may be modified, as well as the delay between respawns, and even the ability to disable respawns after a period of time.
    • Teleportation Module
      • If enabled, players receive access to sm_tele and sm_recall which return them to their spawning position.
      • The duration between teleport commands, the length of time required to wait before teleporting, and the ability to cancel a teleport if a player moves too far are provided.
    • Spawn Protection Module
      • If enabled, players are protected for a specified number of seconds upon spawning.
    • Additional Features
      • Dynamic Loading: You can disable or enable the script globally via sm_surfcfg_enable, or set the variable to -1 and it will only enable on surf or slide maps.
      • Coloring: If enabled, a separate color for each team may be assigned upon spawning.
      • Bunny Assistance: If enabled, players receive a modifiable upward and forward push upon jumping.
      • No Block: If enabled, player collisions are disabled upon spawning.
      • Buy Zone Removal: If enabled, buy zones will be removed from the current map.
      • Air Acceleration Monitoring: Allows you to keep a specified value for sv_airaccelerate to overwrite map modifications.
      • Chat Notifications: Ability to enable or disable all notifications, or only allow notifications for the Teleportation or Respawn module.
      • Chat Display: Customize Surf Config for your server with a prefix attached to any chat notification.

Installation:
    • Place surf_cfg.gamedata.txt into the following directory: /addons/sourcemod/gamedata/
    • Place surf_cfg.smx into the following directory: /addons/sourcemod/plugins/

Credits:
    • sumguy14: For his BunnyHop script, most of the code regarding it is his, I've only rewritten it to match my own coding style.
    • Fredd: For the general idea; this plugin stems from being unsatisfied with his creation.
    • psychonic: For bringing up the 64 player array issue.

Change Log:
    • v1.0: Script Repeased.
    • v1.1: Fixed several silly programming mistakes; Added sm_surfcfg_notify_mode to give server hosts control over messages set to clients, which are now much more user friendly; Fixed a few invalid Handle errors due to improper use of handles; Added a global timer to make sm_teleport cooldown provider user feedback.
    • v1.2: Fixed sm_surfcfg_version not being correct; Fixed a mistake in sm_teleport that allowed consecutive stringing of commands.
    • v1.3: Fixed more silly handle issues; fixed an issue where the previous map's handle was not deleted on map change, causing the time to double,triple,etc; changed the map config directory to surf_cfg, to match the actual script name.
    • v1.4: Fixed an issue where the global timer was not reset on a new round; Removed sm_surfcfg_respawn_mode 2 and replaced it with a functional sm_surfcfg_respawn_new_players convar which spawn players if they join late
    • v1.5: Fixed an issue that would cause 64 slot surf servers to have issues while using this plugin. Removed accidental {HoM} branding on the plugin information.
    • v1.6: Added sm_surfcfg_display, sm_surfcfg_teleport_cancel, sm_surfcfg_teleport_distance. Dynamic detection of "slide" maps to sm_surfcfg_enabled, and reorganized and redefined all variables for Surf Config.

To Do List:
    • Any Requests?
    Attached Files
    File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (surf_cfg.sp - 1482 views - 23.5 KB)
    File Type: txt surf_cfg.gamedata.txt (573 Bytes, 770 views)

Last edited by thetwistedpanda; 09-05-2010 at 12:36.
    daleGEND
    AlliedModders Donor
    Old 11-06-2009 , 19:59   Re: [CS:S] Surf Config
    Reply With Quote #2

How can people spawn in game if they are late to joining the game?

EDIT: Also, sm_teleport does not work at all!

Feel free to add me on STEAM as well: https://steamcommunity.com/id/b0r3d

Last edited by daleGEND; 11-06-2009 at 20:04.
    thetwistedpanda
    Good Little Panda
    Old 11-06-2009 , 20:44   Re: [CS:S] Surf Config
    Reply With Quote #3

The actual command is sm_tele, daleGEND, as to not interfere with the admin verison of sm_teleport. As for the spawning late, sm_surfcfg_respawn_mode set to 2 would allow new players to spawn. However that feature was added in a hurry and I may need to rewrite the way it works.
    Old 11-06-2009 , 21:29   Re: [CS:S] Surf Config
    Reply With Quote #4

If it's set to "2" will people still be able to respawn if they die?

thetwistedpanda
    Good Little Panda
    Old 11-06-2009 , 22:00   Re: [CS:S] Surf Config
    Reply With Quote #5

That feature was quickly written and not tested, it is fail beyond belief (but then again, I do most of my programming when I'm drunk). I'm in the process of writing the next version, and instead of respawn_mode == 2, I added a stand alone cvar that if enabled, will respawn new players. I should have the new version up sometime tomorrow if you can wait. I want to do a little bit more before releasing it.
    Old 11-06-2009 , 22:21   Re: [CS:S] Surf Config
    Reply With Quote #6

Okay, thanks!

thetwistedpanda
    Good Little Panda
    Old 11-06-2009 , 22:23   Re: [CS:S] Surf Config
    Reply With Quote #7

On second thought, I'll go ahead and release version 1.4 as my previous objectives are rather pointless.

No one is requesting multi-language support at the moment so that one can wait. Hooking sv_accelerate is more or less pointless unless you want to override map settings (will add if requested). The sm_boost command would be best made for a secondary plug-in rather then bloating this one further. And I'm not drunk enough.

v1.4 fixes a few drunken mistakes and properly allows new players to spawn to the server. One new cvar, so I've provided a properly generated cfg.
    Old 11-07-2009 , 11:28   Re: [CS:S] Surf Config
    Reply With Quote #8

Nice,

You should set a say message to announce the ability of sm_tele and other various things so users are aware of their existence

zerosin
    Old 12-11-2009 , 08:38   Re: [CS:S] Surf Config
    Reply With Quote #9

Excellent Panda,
    Will try this out, since SurfTools is no longer supports, hope your spawning with no weapon works. Will update you on our windows test box.

Thanks again for your work, have a Sierra Nevada on me

zero
    zerosin
    Old 12-11-2009 , 22:18   Re: [CS:S] Surf Config
    Reply With Quote #10

Tested it last night, works right out of the box, hands down the best surf tools for any surfmod servers.

Didn't generate any errors while recompiling in SM1.2, runs great so far, will report if there's any anomalies.

I have a question about the sm_surfcfg_config_mode - Mode: If enabled, the plugin will check /cfg/surf_cfg/ for map configuration files for custom map settings. [0=Disabled, 1=Enabled] option. So lets say I want to spawn no weapons for a certain map, what config would I put in it, & another map that spawns a knife? How would the codes be in cfg file for the map, please shed some light.

Thx again for this great module.

Running -
    Win2003 Server
    MM:S 1.7.1V
    SM 1.2
    SB 1.4.5
    HLXce 1.6.2

peace,
    zero