Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

[L4D2] Gun Control

Post New Thread Reply   

AtomicStryker
Veteran Member
Old 06-02-2010 , 17:13   Re: [L4D2] Gun Control
Reply With Quote #171

Its a CHANCE not a percentage. Theres no point in using percentage settings with a 1 or 2-item-per-map entity.
IronWarrior
Veteran Member
Old 06-03-2010 , 02:21   Re: [L4D2] Gun Control
Reply With Quote #172

Is it possible to change the command "give_ammo" to a chat command in game like !gammo, !giveammo or maybe bind it to a unused key like zoom/middle key for example?

Sure, sniper weapons use the same key, but allowing the other weapons to share ammo with others by using this key instead of typing it would allow players to use it more.
AtomicStryker
Veteran Member
Old 06-03-2010 , 04:30   Re: [L4D2] Gun Control
Reply With Quote #173

Youre free to bind 'give_ammo' to whatever you want.

If you want it to work as chat command (i would not suggest it, by the time youve typed it your target has likely moved away) change the command string in the source from "give_ammo" to "sm_give_ammo"
IronWarrior
Veteran Member
Old 06-03-2010 , 11:11   Re: [L4D2] Gun Control
Reply With Quote #174

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicStryker View Post
Youre free to bind 'give_ammo' to whatever you want.

If you want it to work as chat command (i would not suggest it, by the time youve typed it your target has likely moved away) change the command string in the source from "give_ammo" to "sm_give_ammo"
I try that, do you need to compile it again or can I just open the file and just edit that?

Well, I find it takes longer to type give_ammo because you have to use console and alas the fact that some players don't even know how to open it.

Thank you again.
N!V0XE
Old 06-15-2010 , 14:14   Re: [L4D2] Gun Control
Reply With Quote #175

I love this plugin but when I take a game of scavenge, which I do quite often, I find it that all the weapons are changed and it pretty much ruins it. So, is there something I can change or perhaps you can, that makes it stop spawning by random and leave everything else as it it? EDIT: for some reason I can't make new lines... wth

Last edited by N!V0XE; 06-15-2010 at 14:18.
Recon-1
Old 06-15-2010 , 15:17   Re: [L4D2] Gun Control
Reply With Quote #176

Stryker just curious, has this been tried with perkmod.v2 ? Since I am considering getting both Weapon Unlock & Gun Control for my server but was not sure if they are compatible with it.
AtomicStryker
Veteran Member
Old 06-15-2010 , 15:37   Re: [L4D2] Gun Control
Reply With Quote #177

@nivox

You mean the Weapon Unlock Plugin? Its not really built for Scavenge, and hasnt been tested with it at all. You are free to try and hook scavenge events properly. The Plugin needs to Index Weapons at the Start of a Match, once, and then keep spawning the modified weapons from that Index.

@Recon
Honestly, you should go ask in the Perkmod thread, because it mods a metric ton more things than this Plugin here.
ghosthunterfool
Old 06-16-2010 , 00:50   Re: [L4D2] Gun Control
Reply With Quote #178

Atomic Can u MAke The M60 Not Dropable? Like The GL ?
N!V0XE
Old 06-16-2010 , 07:10   Re: [L4D2] Gun Control
Reply With Quote #179

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicStryker View Post
@nivox

You mean the Weapon Unlock Plugin? Its not really built for Scavenge, and hasnt been tested with it at all. You are free to try and hook scavenge events properly. The Plugin needs to Index Weapons at the Start of a Match, once, and then keep spawning the modified weapons from that Index.

@Recon
Honestly, you should go ask in the Perkmod thread, because it mods a metric ton more things than this Plugin here.
Thanks for the response, sadly I have no experience in the making of plugins and mods at all, so I guess I'll just have to disable the weapon unlocker.
Frodo
Old 06-17-2010 , 17:06   Re: [L4D2] Gun Control
Reply With Quote #180

Hey,
I installed the plugins and they work fine...
Still, could you tell me how to spawn the m60?
Is it impossible to spawn it?
Thanks in advance.