Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

AimBot Detection

Post New Thread Reply   

Bugsy
AMX Mod X Moderator
Old 06-07-2009 , 11:34   Re: AimBot Detection
Reply With Quote #731

I believe I discovered this from here: http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=85113

What kind of proof do you have that aimbots are bound to the +attack command?
Old 06-07-2009 , 16:06   Re: AimBot Detection
Reply With Quote #732

before i forget it again: the plugin is still crashing some people using an aimbot. they just hang as soon as the first bot is spawned.
i guess we can't do much about it.

maybe detect whether he started to hang exactly when the bot was spawned (ping doesn't change for 30-60 seconds should be a safe indication, or maybe that he never changes position anymore, so "flies" above his spawn point in the following round). don't know whether it's worth the trouble. it's actually odd to put so much effort in preventing the aimbotter from crashing.

on the other hand we want him logged and maybe banned, so this would be the only solution.
AMX Mod X Moderator
Old 06-07-2009 , 16:15   Re: AimBot Detection
Reply With Quote #733

xOR, do you know if this is definitely occurring with the newest version? I remember fixing an if-statement in v1.1 that was causing this in ham_killed.

Code:
- Fixed bug in Ham_Killed forward if-statement that was supposed to block if not 
watching a player but the code was still being executed causing invalid player
index error. "if( !g_PlayerToWatch && " should have been "if( !g_PlayerToWatch || "
Old 06-07-2009 , 19:39   Re: AimBot Detection
Reply With Quote #734

yes, i know you made that change and you said it should fix it, that's what i was referring to when i said "still crashing"
i am using the newest version and just 10 minutes before my post i saw it happen again to a player who had an obvious aimbot. the bot was spawned, and he was suddenly hanging in the air, doing the "lag dance" (you know, when they move really fast forward and back with the upper part of their body) just to timeout a minute later or two. i've seen this happen ever since i am using the aimbot detection plugin and just thought i'd report it's still there. i think i see it on every third guy who is being watched.

i wonder how an index error on the server can make a client crash anyway. and even if, then it should crash legit players too. but it definately only crashes people who are using an aimbot.
AMX Mod X Moderator
Old 06-07-2009 , 19:47   Re: AimBot Detection
Reply With Quote #735

Quote:
Originally Posted by xOR View Post
yes, i know you made that change and you said it should fix it, that's what i was referring to when i said "still crashing"
i am using the newest version and just 10 minutes before my post i saw it happen again to a player who had an obvious aimbot. the bot was spawned, and he was suddenly hanging in the air, doing the "lag dance" (you know, when they move really fast forward and back with the upper part of their body) just to timeout a minute later or two. i've seen this happen ever since i am using the aimbot detection plugin and just thought i'd report it's still there. i think i see it on every third guy who is being watched.

i wonder how an index error on the server can make a client crash anyway. and even if, then it should crash legit players too. but it definately only crashes people who are using an aimbot.
Ok, thanks for the report. I'll put this at the top of the to-do list. On a good note, it does still deliver its promise to get rid of your hackers

I made this entire plugin while working with podbots. I wonder if it is something that only occurs with real players?
Old 06-07-2009 , 20:48   Re: AimBot Detection
Reply With Quote #736

by the number of players where it happens i'd rather say it is a special kind of hack that is prone to crashing from the invisible bot. unfortunately i could never ask these persons what hack they are using for obvious reasons
well, sometimes they don't give up easily and keep on coming back. then you see that the issue is reproducable for them, it happens again and again. unfortunately these guys never answer your questions

i guess the hack itself is relying on something that usually happens after it shot a normal player - but then this response doesn't come and it's going into an endless loop. something like this...
AMX Mod X Moderator
Old 06-07-2009 , 21:45   Re: AimBot Detection
Reply With Quote #737

Does the hacking player freezing up interrupt game-play for others at all?
Old 06-08-2009 , 13:43   Re: AimBot Detection
Reply With Quote #738

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugsy View Post
All players should not be able to see plugin actions, only players with the configured notify admin flag. Are you 100% sure other players are seeing the messages?

When I used amx_aimwatch on a random player, he immediately said in chat " WT*, I'm being monitored for aimbot?!"

That would lead me to believe that he saw it lol
Unless he had an admin chat hack... I suppose I'll test it on some non-admin players I trust and see if they see anything. If they do, i'll let you know.
Pamaliska
Old 06-08-2009 , 14:34   Re: AimBot Detection
Reply With Quote #739

Quote:
Originally Posted by xOR View Post
by the number of players where it happens i'd rather say it is a special kind of hack that is prone to crashing from the invisible bot. unfortunately i could never ask these persons what hack they are using for obvious reasons
well, sometimes they don't give up easily and keep on coming back. then you see that the issue is reproducable for them, it happens again and again. unfortunately these guys never answer your questions

i guess the hack itself is relying on something that usually happens after it shot a normal player - but then this response doesn't come and it's going into an endless loop. something like this...
Reported that ages ago; however, I was considered as a dishonest person.
xOR
Veteran Member
Old 06-08-2009 , 15:01   Re: AimBot Detection
Reply With Quote #740

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugsy View Post
Does the hacking player freezing up interrupt game-play for others at all?
no. everyone else can just continue playing without any disruption. well, except the distraction by the "dancing" corpse floating above the ground somewhere