Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

FF2 Is this Tutorial on how to make bosses updated ?

Post New Thread Reply   

IRakuten
Old 12-22-2022 , 12:47   Is this Tutorial on how to make bosses updated ?
Reply With Quote #1

I wanna learn how to make a Freak Fortress boss and i wanted to know to anyone who knows how to make em if this tutorial still works.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wqv0Hiil0_A
Because the video is 3 years old and i don't wanna face a problem like a program being a different version or something removed
Frixu
Old 12-22-2022 , 16:07   Re: Is this Tutorial on how to make bosses updated ?
Reply With Quote #2

i learn from this tutorial how to do a boss, go ahead and watch this cuz its a only 1 tutorial on yt.
FurretX
Old 12-23-2022 , 19:35   Re: Is this Tutorial on how to make bosses updated ?
Reply With Quote #3

The video is pretty outdated and there are other ways to do things that are said in the video, but following the video will still lead to a boss being made correctly.
Owner of FXFF2

“Nothing will ever work first try.”

Feel free to message me, I’ll respond within a few days.
Tio_MacK
Old 02-16-2023 , 22:22   Re: Is this Tutorial on how to make bosses updated ?
Reply With Quote #4

Im new to do bosses, the thing is that i used this tutorial and some things are broken now, like the audio tools that the CFG generator does does not seem to work, and the new CFG generator that someone else created (not the one shown in the video) does not work too, i was able to create some weapons and use the texture extraction with VPK, and create models etc etc, but abilities seems to be broken dont work well to, sounds just dont compile well idk why, i tried to create 3 bosses watching the tutorial every single time just to make shure and i even search in the web for tutorials with updated content but i found nothing, if someone really has something to help new people i will be amazing and it 4 shure use it, i really love the prosses so far but im tired of the things not working and cant figure out why they dont
extras
sorry for bad english im new to this
i understand if someone complain about this post, im not a talented programer or something, im still learning and its really difficult (considering that im not really good at english)
Kolaxie
Old 02-17-2023 , 12:42   Re: Is this Tutorial on how to make bosses updated ?
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tio_MacK View Post
Im new to do bosses, the thing is that i used this tutorial and some things are broken now, like the audio tools that the CFG generator does does not seem to work, and the new CFG generator that someone else created (not the one shown in the video) does not work too, i was able to create some weapons and use the texture extraction with VPK, and create models etc etc, but abilities seems to be broken dont work well to, sounds just dont compile well idk why, i tried to create 3 bosses watching the tutorial every single time just to make shure and i even search in the web for tutorials with updated content but i found nothing, if someone really has something to help new people i will be amazing and it 4 shure use it, i really love the prosses so far but im tired of the things not working and cant figure out why they dont
extras
sorry for bad english im new to this
i understand if someone complain about this post, im not a talented programer or something, im still learning and its really difficult (considering that im not really good at english)
To answer most of your question

-The CFG Generator are mostly obsolete now, you need to do directly.

-Plugins are mostly all dead now due to vscripts update, but you can fix most of them with this

-For sounds to work correctly you need to "compile" them with a good sample rate on audacity (44100)

"Don't worry, it will obviously work first try. Trust me" -Famous Last Words

(Suck at Source SP smh)

Last edited by Kolaxie; 02-17-2023 at 12:43.
Tio_MacK
Old 02-20-2023 , 16:57   Re: Is this Tutorial on how to make bosses updated ?
Reply With Quote #6

Hi, thanks for the reply!
i research quite a loot and im working on a boss! the bad thing is that the audio still does not work :/ i use audacity and i watch tutorials for it, sadly the audio wont work with the fix provided, i changed manually every single audio in .mp3 and the console throws the same error every single time! everything else is working! but the audio is out of my hands i guess! any help would be amazing!
DanishSoup
Old 02-20-2023 , 21:28   Re: Is this Tutorial on how to make bosses updated ?
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tio_MacK View Post
Hi, thanks for the reply!
i research quite a loot and im working on a boss! the bad thing is that the audio still does not work :/ i use audacity and i watch tutorials for it, sadly the audio wont work with the fix provided, i changed manually every single audio in .mp3 and the console throws the same error every single time! everything else is working! but the audio is out of my hands i guess! any help would be amazing!
What you can try doing is to do "snd_restart" in console or deleting your sound.cache in /tf/sound. Also try deleting any previous sounds in your server and tf2 storage locations.
What I do usually for sounds is to both do 44100 Hz and use a constant bit rate of 128 kbps.
Good luck to your next boss

Discord: doremisweet (Previously: DaneSoap#0763) Steam: DanishSoup Skial: DanishSoup