Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Galileo v5.9.1-925 (a feature rich map voting plugin) | Last Update: 2018-07-16

Post New Thread Reply   

brlight
Old 09-23-2016 , 13:52   Re: Galileo v3.2.2-248 (a feature rich map voting plugin) | Last Update: 2016.07.20
Reply With Quote #331

Hi there, I having an issue with this plugin, perhaps because I didnt configure it properly, so I+m asking here for help.I would like that map changes in the current round end after rtv or timelimit, so I configured the cvars this way;

// Indicates when a map should end when time runs out.
// 0 - end immediately when time runs out
// 1 - when time runs out, end at the current round end
// 2 - when time runs out, end at the next round end
gal_endonround 1

// Indicates when a map should end after the RTV voting is finished.
// If selected a value higher than 0, this cvar indicates also the players
// minimum number necessary to allow the last round to be finished when
// the time runs out.
// 0 - end immediately after the voting finished.
// 1 - end after the current round.
gal_endonround_rtv 1

// Indicates how to announce the last round. If selected a value higher
// than 0, this cvar indicates also the players minimum number necessary
// to allow the last round to be finished when the time runs out.
// 0 - to show only a chat print, saying that it is the last round.
// 1 - to show chat and a constant HUD message during the last round.
gal_endonround_msg 1

// Indicates the end map type at the last seconds.
// 0 - do not show the countdown, drop weapons or buy grenades.
// 1 - show the countdown, drop weapons and buy grenades.
gal_endonround_countdown 1

The problem Iīm having is that map changes in the next round giving nades to ppl and allowing them to buy, also when we vote for the next map, after finishing voting, map only changes after a few minutes instead of changing in the current end round so my question is, How can I configure it so it changes in the current round , either after doing rtv or reaching time limit? Itīs quite annoying voting for a new map and map only changes after a few minutes (3 or 4) canīt really remember.

Thanks in advance
addons_zz
Veteran Member
Old 09-23-2016 , 15:20   Re: Galileo v3.2.2-248 (a feature rich map voting plugin) | Last Update: 2016.07.20
Reply With Quote #332

Quote:
Originally Posted by brlight View Post
The problem Iīm having is that map changes in the next round giving nades to ppl and allowing them to buy,
For not buying nades just before the map change, set this cvar to 0:
Code:
// Indicates the end map type at the last seconds. // 0 - do not show the countdown, drop weapons or buy grenades. // 1 - show the countdown, drop weapons and buy grenades. gal_endonround_countdown 0

Or you may edit code and remove these lines, compile and install again: File: scripting\galileo.sma
Code:
2212:             client_cmd( 0, "slot1" ); 2213:             client_cmd( 0, "drop weapon_c4" ); 2214:             client_cmd( 0, "drop" ); 2215:             client_cmd( 0, "drop" ); 2216:              2217:             client_cmd( 0, "sgren" ); 2218:             client_cmd( 0, "hegren" );

Quote:
also when we vote for the next map, after finishing voting, map only changes after a few minutes instead of changing in the current end round
This is the normal game behavior, if the cvar `gal_endofmapvote_start` is enabled, read it description:
Code:
// Indicates whether there should be created a 4 minutes range before // the last 2 minutes to detect a round start and to give time about 20 // seconds to buy weapons after the round to start and before the map // voting to start. // 0 - disabled this feature // 1 - enable this feature gal_endofmapvote_start 1
So, set it to 0 to start the map voting exactly about 2 minutes and 15 seconds. Now look, the voting will to start and take about 1 minute to finish, depending on your vote time and if there is runoff or not.
So, when that 2 minutes and 15 seconds end, the map will change at the current round , but note when I say the current round end, I mean, the round will end, but as soon as the next round starts, the map will change and the countdown about 5 seconds specified by the cvar `gal_endonround_countdown` above will to start.

Quote:
so my question is, How can I configure it so it changes in the current round , either after doing rtv or reaching time limit? Itīs quite annoying voting for a new map and map only changes after a few minutes (3 or 4) canīt really remember.
Therefore, just setting this cvar `gal_endofmapvote_start` mentioned above to 0, will severally reduce the waiting time after the voting to start.

I think this is it. Try it and tell us how it goes on.

Support me on Patreon, Ko-fi, Liberapay or Open Collective

Last edited by addons_zz; 09-24-2016 at 12:10. Reason: misspelling
brlight
Old 09-24-2016 , 17:09   Re: Galileo v3.2.2-248 (a feature rich map voting plugin) | Last Update: 2016.07.20
Reply With Quote #333

Quote:
So, when that 2 minutes and 15 seconds end, the map will change at the current round , but note when I say the current round end, I mean, the round will end, but as soon as the next round starts, the map will change and the countdown about 5 seconds specified by the cvar `gal_endonround_countdown` above will to start.
Canīt you add a cvar or something so map changes when the current round end and not in the next round start?
Would be really nice.
addons_zz
Veteran Member
Old 09-24-2016 , 17:11   Re: Galileo v3.2.2-248 (a feature rich map voting plugin) | Last Update: 2016.07.20
Reply With Quote #334

Quote:
Canīt you add a cvar or something so map changes when the current round end and not in the next round start?
Would be really nice.
Ok, noted. I added this to the TODO list. You will need to wait until I get back to programming pawn on December.

damnyourefine
Old 09-26-2016 , 03:47   Re: Galileo v3.2.2-248 (a feature rich map voting plugin) | Last Update: 2016.07.20
Reply With Quote #335

Hello, I need some help with this plugin!

I have it successfully installed and configured in near entirety on my CS 1.6 server for a month now; however, we have noticed one issue..

In some instances, the server will forcibly change the map to a map in the defined mapcycle file while we are in the process of a RTV vote or after the RTV has concluded.

For example, when the RTV is triggered by enough player votes or gal_startvote, the vote will be in progress with people actively voting OR the vote will have concluded with a "The next map will be X", and then the server halts the players and changes the map to a map in the mapcycle.

I cannot find a cvar in the plugin config to control this behavior. What am I missing?

Yes, I have verified the default (and any other) map manager plugins are disabled.
addons_zz
Veteran Member
Old 09-26-2016 , 05:05   Re: Galileo v3.2.2-248 (a feature rich map voting plugin) | Last Update: 2016.07.20
Reply With Quote #336

Quote:
Originally Posted by damnyourefine View Post
"The next map will be X", and then the server halts the players and changes the map to a map in the mapcycle.
Are you saying, at a vote map by RTV or `gal_startvote`, people voted for the map X, but at change level, the server changed to the map Y?

There is this cvar related to the map cycle maps is this cvar. Is something like that your problem?
Code:
// Choose how to follow the map-cycle, when anyone vote for next map. // 0 - choose a random map from the current voting map list, as next map. // 1 - follow your current map-cycle order. amx_extendmap_allow_order 1

damnyourefine
Old 09-26-2016 , 19:27   Re: Galileo v3.2.2-248 (a feature rich map voting plugin) | Last Update: 2016.07.20
Reply With Quote #337

Quote:
Originally Posted by addons_zz View Post
Are you saying, at a vote map by RTV or `gal_startvote`, people voted for the map X, but at change level, the server changed to the map Y?

There is this cvar related to the map cycle maps is this cvar. Is something like that your problem?
Code:
// Choose how to follow the map-cycle, when anyone vote for next map. // 0 - choose a random map from the current voting map list, as next map. // 1 - follow your current map-cycle order. amx_extendmap_allow_order 1
Yes, that is correct.

so, 'amx_extendmap_allow_order 1' will force the server to follow the result of the vote map?

What seemed weird to me is that the problem happens occasionally instead of every time. Ŋ\_(ツ)_/Ŋ
addons_zz
Veteran Member
Old 09-26-2016 , 19:39   Re: Galileo v3.2.2-248 (a feature rich map voting plugin) | Last Update: 2016.07.20
Reply With Quote #338

Quote:
Yes, that is correct.

so, 'amx_extendmap_allow_order 1' will force the server to follow the result of the vote map?
No, it says `when anyone vote for next map`, i.e., no votes on any map on the voting list, but there are players playing.

I need to review its code and get to know why.
What is your version? Type this on your server console to see it:
Code:
gal_version
Anyone else noticed this problem?

Last edited by addons_zz; 09-26-2016 at 19:39. Reason: misspelling
damnyourefine
Old 09-26-2016 , 19:43   Re: Galileo v3.2.2-248 (a feature rich map voting plugin) | Last Update: 2016.07.20
Reply With Quote #339

Quote:
Originally Posted by addons_zz View Post
No, it says `when anyone vote for next map`, i.e., no votes on any map on the voting list, but there are players playing.

I need to review its code and get to know why.
What is your version? Type this on your server console to see it:
Code:
gal_version
Anyone else noticed this problem?

[AMXX] Cvar "gal_version" is "v3.2.2-248"

Please let me know if you require additional information. I appreciate the help. Otherwise, the map plugin is AMAZING.

Last edited by damnyourefine; 09-26-2016 at 20:00.
addons_zz
Veteran Member
Old 09-27-2016 , 15:23   Re: Galileo v3.2.2-248 (a feature rich map voting plugin) | Last Update: 2016.07.20
Reply With Quote #340

Hi, I am trying to find exactly how the problem is, but I am not sure if I am understanding correctly. When you said:

Quote:
For example, when the RTV is triggered by enough player votes or gal_startvote, the vote will be in progress with people actively voting OR the vote will have concluded with a "The next map will be X"
When the voting concludes, the winner map is correctly displayed on the results at the chat as with "The next map will be X"?
Or the X map is also wrong?

May you enable the debug mode mode, recompile the plugin and install it again?
https://forums.alliedmods.net/showth...019#Sourcecode

That info could be useful to find more easily the problem. Just enabled the debug, and wait until the problem happens, after it send the debug file by PM, or here.

I should take this Saturday to look into this problem and launch a hotfix (new plugin version) soon as I find the problem.