Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

[CS:GO] ckSurf (1.18f, 24.11.2015)

Post New Thread Reply   

Gh2t
Old 12-13-2015 , 08:38   Re: [CS:GO] ckSurf (1.18b, 24.11.2015)
Reply With Quote #901

Hey Joni,

first of all, thank you for your fast reaction after the CS:GO update, I upgraded to 1.8 and everything works fine on my servers.

But there is one thing where I'm not entirely sure if it is a bug or a misconfiguration on my side.
On my servers everyone has access to the +noclip command, even when I turned it completly off in the config.
I checked some other servers where I could also access the +noclip command even when I didn't finished the map.
Maybe the other server admins can confirm this too?

cheers
Gh^2t
jonitaikaponi
Old 12-13-2015 , 08:48   Re: [CS:GO] ckSurf (1.18b, 24.11.2015)
Reply With Quote #902

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gh2t View Post
Hey Joni,

first of all, thank you for your fast reaction after the CS:GO update, I upgraded to 1.8 and everything works fine on my servers.

But there is one thing where I'm not entirely sure if it is a bug or a misconfiguration on my side.
On my servers everyone has access to the +noclip command, even when I turned it completly off in the config.
I checked some other servers where I could also access the +noclip command even when I didn't finished the map.
Maybe the other server admins can confirm this too?

cheers
Gh^2t

Hey,

yeah everyone can use it at the moment. The text string haven't been updated to reflect this yet.

If you can't disable it from the cfg, then there is definately a bug. I'll update all this later today. Got some other fixes coming also, but can't test them at the moment.
naxel
Old 12-13-2015 , 09:43   Re: [CS:GO] ckSurf (1.18b, 24.11.2015)
Reply With Quote #903

Hey, im having some problems with installing this mod on my server.
Could you PM me your steam so i can add you to get some help?
jonitaikaponi
Old 12-13-2015 , 10:51   Re: [CS:GO] ckSurf (1.18b, 24.11.2015)
Reply With Quote #904

Quote:
Originally Posted by naxel View Post
Hey, im having some problems with installing this mod on my server.
Could you PM me your steam so i can add you to get some help?
Sorry, but I don't add anyone regarding the plugin to steam. Ask your questions here, please.

EDIT:
Pushed a bunch of edits to the code

- Fixed bonus stage creation from the !zones menu
- Changed the naming of stage zones in the !zones menu to be more
intuitive
- Renaming bonuses takes immediate effect now
- Using !cancel when renaming a zone works now
- Changing zone types should work now
- Fixed an issue where zones would disappear from a map untill reloaded,
when saving a zone
- Fixed scaling menu having length and height in the wrong order
- Made teleport commands more readable
- Made point calculation code more readable
- ck_noclip 0 now disables noclip properly

Last edited by jonitaikaponi; 12-13-2015 at 11:48.
Jaykrog
Old 12-13-2015 , 13:19   Re: [CS:GO] ckSurf (1.18b, 24.11.2015)
Reply With Quote #905

Nice updates joni.

Thought I'd share some feedback after going through some of the point calculation code.

While I think there's obviously room for improvement on the efficiency of the point calculation process due to the number of SQL queries that need to be made, I think these might be some quick wins:
  • dont query for challenges if challenge points are disabled - though, this will probably cause the pointsratio and winratio to not be reported in your current query (easily fixable if you do some checking).
  • modify challenge query so you only pull where bet > 0
  • change number of players that beat the bonus to a count query
  • sql_selectPersonalAllRecords serves no real purpose (joins are getting unnecessary data), can get the same data without unnecessary joins from sql_CountFinishedMaps - data can be sent down via packets to next call
  • sql_selectPlayerRankProTime change to a count query
  • sql_selectPlayerProCount serves no real purpose, player time on map can be passed down from sql_CountFinishedMaps via packets
  • sql_selectPlayerProCount change to a count query

I picked these up while recreating the logic that's being executed to calculate points in a C# program, so that I could understand it better. While they are small enhancements, when you multiply those small enhancements by how many times they are being performed in large servers with lots of maps and good players, they start to add up.

I refreshed the points of my entire ranked player base (8,743 players that have actually beaten a map) using this program. While doing so, I tracked the number of queries that I had to run to accomplish this... turns out it was a whopping 112,960 queries. This means on average, every time someone beats a map, the server is doing roughly 13 queries to the database to recalculate their points. The #1 ranked player on the server had to perform 351 queries (he'd beaten roughly 141 maps).

Somehow we've got to make this more efficient, though I realize this is a lot of work and can't think of a good solution for doing so. However, it would probably solve a lot of the problems that are being reported (points not being received after beating a map, etc).

Also, for those who are wondering why refreshing all ranks is not available, or why the rank calculation is throttled to a # of ranks... this should give you a pretty good indication. It took probably an hour to get through all of these queries (single threaded).

Last edited by Jaykrog; 12-13-2015 at 13:27.
jonitaikaponi
Old 12-13-2015 , 13:46   Re: [CS:GO] ckSurf (1.18b, 24.11.2015)
Reply With Quote #906

Hey,

yeah, indeed there most likely is some improvement to be made there, as all of the code is from SM 1.6 times, when I started to work on KZTimer's code, except for the bonus part.

I'll look into it when I have time, but feel free to send me some suggestions if you have them.
SNOREY
Old 12-13-2015 , 14:31   Re: [CS:GO] ckSurf (1.18b, 24.11.2015)
Reply With Quote #907

Hello,

I was trying to search the thread to see if there was a cvar for disabling the plugin, i.e. for a multimod server, but I kept getting a server error. Figured I would just post a quick reply and ask you directly- apologies if this has been answered before, but is there such a cvar?

Thanks
utaker
Old 12-13-2015 , 15:27   Re: [CS:GO] ckSurf (1.18b, 24.11.2015)
Reply With Quote #908

after latest csgo update by valve, following issue is observed:
" Bots are bugged. Everytime someone finishes the map a new bot is created but they are not spectatable like before with the lowest time record. so bots number increases, if i cant explain here, i can tell u my server link and u can check
"
jonitaikaponi
Old 12-13-2015 , 15:55   Re: [CS:GO] ckSurf (1.18b, 24.11.2015)
Reply With Quote #909

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNOREY View Post
Hello,

I was trying to search the thread to see if there was a cvar for disabling the plugin, i.e. for a multimod server, but I kept getting a server error. Figured I would just post a quick reply and ask you directly- apologies if this has been answered before, but is there such a cvar?

Thanks
Just do "sm plugins unload ckSurf" on maps you want to disable ckSurf on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by utaker View Post
after latest csgo update by valve, following issue is observed:
" Bots are bugged. Everytime someone finishes the map a new bot is created but they are not spectatable like before with the lowest time record. so bots number increases, if i cant explain here, i can tell u my server link and u can check
"
Please read the thread or search before posting...

You have to update cksurf and sourcemod
SNOREY
Old 12-13-2015 , 16:37   Re: [CS:GO] ckSurf (1.18b, 24.11.2015)
Reply With Quote #910

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonitaikaponi View Post
Just do "sm plugins unload ckSurf" on maps you want to disable ckSurf on.
Ah, word, thanks! I guess I should look more carefully at sourcemod docs.