Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[DISCUSSION] Why do you break the rules?

Post New Thread Reply   

freak.exe_uLow
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-10-2018 , 09:47   Re: [DISCUSSION] Why do you break the rules?
Reply With Quote #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostofmybrain View Post
I'm speaking from my experience in the us. I don't go going German servers every day.

And I'm not saying those skins cause problems. I'm saying the people here who run those plugins also don't care about having good servers, so you can truly see how nobody in the US care about playing in a good server. They just care about skins.
And these people should not host servers
Mitchell
~lick~
Old 07-10-2018 , 10:22   Re: [DISCUSSION] Why do you break the rules?
Reply With Quote #32

I think when we ran a MG server we just made the !ws command goto a site like meatspin.
ghostofmybrain
Veteran Member
Old 07-10-2018 , 10:25   Re: [DISCUSSION] Why do you break the rules?
Reply With Quote #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by freak.exe_uLow View Post
And these people should not host servers
But they do, because it's profitable - and that's the only reason they do it. If it stopped being so simple to buy a token changer and throw an ad plugin onto a shitty server and make profit, it would stop being a problem.
Proz
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-10-2018 , 10:32   Re: [DISCUSSION] Why do you break the rules?
Reply With Quote #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by asherkin View Post
I think the real problem here is Valve, the CS:GO team refuse to implement proper technical restrictions. I have lost all sympathy for them on this issue with how they've handled it (compared to TF2 for example, which moved past the player attachment restrictions successfully very quickly).
I mean, you could say it's sourcemods fault as well then... Why even have the option to disable "FollowCSGOServerGuidelines" ?

Not only that, these illegal plugins have always been available to obtain here on sourcemod forums. Doesn't really matter that they are under the category "Unapproved plugins" when you can still download the plugins from there.

Last edited by Proz; 07-10-2018 at 10:34.
freak.exe_uLow
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-10-2018 , 10:38   Re: [DISCUSSION] Why do you break the rules?
Reply With Quote #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostofmybrain View Post
But they do, because it's profitable - and that's the only reason they do it. If it stopped being so simple to buy a token changer and throw an ad plugin onto a shitty server and make profit, it would stop being a problem.
i know, and you dont need to buy a token for 0.16 $ or € for a new token...you can solved that with a Plugin ;)

Last edited by freak.exe_uLow; 07-10-2018 at 10:39.
Arkarr
Veteran Member
Old 07-10-2018 , 10:44   Re: [DISCUSSION] Why do you break the rules?
Reply With Quote #36

I am tempted to create a whole new server with a original idea just to prove you (or me) wrong. I'll definitly start a new server, with original idea, under another nickname, from scratch and see where it goes. But I still truelly believe that there are still some kind of people who play for fun and not for those skins and stuff.

EDIT:
@ghostofmybrain didn't searched yet about that server I told you before.

Last edited by Arkarr; 07-10-2018 at 10:45.
Mitchell
~lick~
Old 07-10-2018 , 10:46   Re: [DISCUSSION] Why do you break the rules?
Reply With Quote #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proz View Post
I mean, you could say it's sourcemods fault as well then... Why even have the option to disable "FollowCSGOServerGuidelines" ?

Not only that, these illegal plugins have always been available to obtain here on sourcemod forums. Doesn't really matter that they are under the category "Unapproved plugins" when you can still download the plugins from there.
There would be more of a way around sourcemod trying to block it, which would be even more dangerous for server owners. Just imagine some one making an extension or something that would accomplish something SM would already be doing, except instead it also was being sold or anything else scummy. The SM developers shouldn't have to spend extra time trying to combat these plugins when valve has a way to ban tokens with a press of a button. Why can't valve make the tokens get banned every day? If the ban cycle was more active then surely it would be more beneficial for server ops to just remove the plugin.
Ejziponken
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-10-2018 , 10:58   Re: [DISCUSSION] Why do you break the rules?
Reply With Quote #38

This is how the human race works. You cant make rules and then not make sure servers follows them. What do you think would happen if we had laws, but no police?

And someone was asking for servers that has players but dont break the rules, I guess my servers are doing okay without skins etc (BrutalCS).

I think, if SM could do something, they would be welcome to do so. I understand that it adds more work for them, so its nothing I would demand of them, but I can still dream cant I?
I know that any solution from SM, would probably be something that only works if it keept being updated. Blocking plugins or block skins in some way.. Sure people might develop something of a new SM, but let them? Then they actually have to keep that updated when it breaks etc. Atleast it would require some more effort for the servers using skins.

Last edited by Ejziponken; 07-10-2018 at 11:03.
Dr!fter
The Salt Boss
Old 07-10-2018 , 11:10   Re: [DISCUSSION] Why do you break the rules?
Reply With Quote #39

Let me add my view on this.

We allow disabling of the option since some can be used legitimately without getting banned.

Even if it was not possible to disable it (which we wouldnt even consider), Sourcemod is open source and can just be recompiled without the check resulting in a "blackmarket" for SM versions without that check (this was actually pointed out to the CS:GO devs). We dont remove those plugins for the same reason (we did initially).

Now for valve, GSLT wasnt made to make money and whoever thinks that is a fucking moron. If they wanted to make money they'd make it so you could only rent servers from them or specific hosts (look at EA/Activision in the past). As ive mentioned before, it was simply the easiest least work possible method (also known as #lazy). They didnt want it in TF2 and dont want it now thats it simply put. TF2 team just did it properly (as asherkin mentioned).

Also, token bans are pointless there is various ways around them. So increasing the ban cycle is the same, pointless.

Ill also add, valve could easily just break SM completely every update if they really wanted to.

Last edited by Dr!fter; 07-10-2018 at 11:13.
Mitchell
~lick~
Old 07-10-2018 , 11:22   Re: [DISCUSSION] Why do you break the rules?
Reply With Quote #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr!fter View Post
Also, token bans are pointless there is various ways around them. So increasing the ban cycle is the same, pointless.
But it would still go against the most common way of getting around the token bans which would be creating a new account, buying csgo, verifiying a phone number to it and creating a new token cycle. I'm not sure about these other various ways around the bans however i still stand by the statement that valve can do more if they really wanted to.