Polymorph: Mod Manager

Post New Thread Reply   

fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 06-10-2011 , 00:02   Re: Polymorph: Mod Manager
Reply With Quote #381

Quote:
Originally Posted by drumzplaya13 View Post
After doing that and stopping my server and restarting, changing map, it goes back to normal hostname and amx_plugins shows that the polymorph plugin is on error.
What is the error?

Quote:
and my mapsfile Mod_maps1.ini has aim_ak-colt as the only map.
I don't think I've ever tested it with only one map.
Old 06-10-2011 , 00:27   Re: Polymorph: Mod Manager
Reply With Quote #382

Error after typing amx_plugins in server:
Code:
Polymorph: Mod Ma  1.1.2       Fysiks            polymorph.amxx   error
Error in amx logs:
Code:
L 06/09/2011 - 09:50:37: [AMXX] Plugin ("polymorph.amxx") is setting itself as failed.
L 06/09/2011 - 09:50:37: [AMXX] Plugin says: [Polymorph] Zero (0) mods were loaded.
L 06/09/2011 - 09:50:37: [AMXX] Run time error 1 (plugin "polymorph.amxx") - forced exit
Error in plugins-polymorph.ini:
Code:
;ThisMod:"Capture The Flag"
; Warning: This file is re-written by Polymorph plugin.
; Any content added manually will be lost.
;;;  ERROR  ;;;\r\n;;; No MODs Loaded ;;;
Those are all the errors I could find, none in console directly.

I have the first posted plugin in my plugins.ini, I have the polymorph folder in my /configs/. I have the files "1_Mod.ini" and "mapsfile mod_maps1.ini" in my polymorph folder.

I have polymorph.amxx in my plugins.ini file. I then have the main mod ; in the plugins.ini so polymorph can enable it, but it doesnt. I have mod cvars added into the 1_mod.ini also.

I can try adding another map to the mapsfile, but I dont think it will make a difference. Ill update on that.

Update: I added a default map to the maps file and then changed 1 to 2 in the mapspermod. Cvars dont work in game either so its still disabled.

Last edited by drumzplaya13; 06-10-2011 at 00:34.
fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 06-10-2011 , 00:47   Re: Polymorph: Mod Manager
Reply With Quote #383

I can't see anything wrong. For me to be able to test your configuration you will need to zip all the relevant files and attach them here.

configs/plugins.ini
configs/polymorph/ (the whole folder)
scripting/mod.sma
Old 06-10-2011, 11:55
drumzplaya13
This message has been deleted by drumzplaya13. Reason: Not needed anymore.
fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 06-10-2011 , 19:08   Re: Polymorph: Mod Manager
Reply With Quote #384

I will try to figure this out over the weekend (I have a little free time).

Quote:
Will this plugin work if you name a mod a mod, but its really not a mod, just a plugin. Say you want deathmatch, but you dont actually want to put CSDM on your server, so you just use a respawn plugin to do deathmatch. Will it still work if you have an option for DeathMatch, but its not actually a mod?
Nothing has to be a "mod" like you might think. Polymorph just enables certain plugins and sets cvars that you want to run together. So, basically, a "mod" is just a set of plugins and configuration that you use together.

You could even say that ModExample1 is simply "mp_friendlyfire 1" and ModExample2 has "mp_friendlyfire 0". Therefore, a "mod" is anything you want it to be. Of course there are plugins that contain many features/functionality (which many refer to as "mods") that you might otherwise need many plugins to acheive.

Basically, a "mod" is what you want it to be. You are the creator! That's the beauty of AMX Mod X (and Polymorph).
Old 06-10-2011 , 20:09   Re: Polymorph: Mod Manager
Reply With Quote #385

Alright, that is what I thought. I just didnt know if the polymorph plugin considered something a mod or not. Just get back to me on your conclusion about the situation on my server.. I have uninstalled and installed it over and it still doesnt work lol... :/
Veteran Member
Old 06-11-2011 , 01:31   Re: Polymorph: Mod Manager
Reply With Quote #386

Quote:
Alright, that is what I thought. I just didnt know if the polymorph plugin considered something a mod or not. Just get back to me on your conclusion about the situation on my server.. I have uninstalled and installed it over and it still doesnt work lol... :/
Ok, so the ONLY way I was able to recreate your error with your files was to delete maps1.ini from the polymorph folder (or move it to a different folder).

According to the zip file you gave me the two files were in the correct place.
Old 06-12-2011 , 02:18   Re: Polymorph: Mod Manager
Reply With Quote #387

So, what would be the fix for this error than?
Veteran Member
Old 06-12-2011 , 02:27   Re: Polymorph: Mod Manager
Reply With Quote #388

Quote:
So, what would be the fix for this error than?
With all the files are in the correct folders I found no error to fix. Have you tried doing another one to see if that one would work? Doesn't matter what it is, maybe just one plugin that gives you a free weapon or something. Also, make each file from brand new blank text files instead of copy pasting any files that you may have there.

If that doesn't work then I will need to write a debugging version and maybe narrow down the problem (on your server).
Old 06-12-2011 , 02:44   Re: Polymorph: Mod Manager
Reply With Quote #389

I uninstalled and did a fresh install with the plugin. I used a simple weapon strip plugin which strips all weapons and gives a single gun, put one map as the map it should work on, and it didnt work on it. So, its either the plugin, which im sure its not cause others have used this specifically, or its my server.. or its because I only want one map to have it be played on and no one has done that before.
Veteran Member
Old 06-12-2011 , 02:49   Re: Polymorph: Mod Manager
Reply With Quote #390

Quote:
I uninstalled and did a fresh install with the plugin. I used a simple weapon strip plugin which strips all weapons and gives a single gun, put one map as the map it should work on, and it didnt work on it. So, its either the plugin, which im sure its not cause others have used this specifically, or its my server.. or its because I only want one map to have it be played on and no one has done that before.
I tested with just a single map and it worked fine. In fact, it looks like it would even work with zero maps as long as the file existed (and was accessible).