Table of Contents
This plugin has been designed to manage AFK players, it has a General AFK check along with a Spawn AFK check. It checks player commands for button changes and mouse movements to determine if a player is "AFK". If the player is not "typing/chatting", pressing any buttons or performing any movements of their mouse, they are deemed "AFK" and the plugin can move and/or kick them after a specified amount of time. It will warn players who are detected as "AFK" before being moved or kicked based on specific variables in 5 second intervals.
This plugin has been designed to utilize a translation file for use of other languages.
(Previous version 3 branch)
(Latest version 4 branch)
For Automatic Update support you need to do the following:
You need to compile the plugin manually with the "updater.inc" as per the compile instructions below.
You can download the latest version of the SourceMod "Updater" include file and plugin from:
For Color support you need to do the following:
You need to compile the plugin manually either with "Multi Colors" (preferred), "morecolors.inc" or "colors.inc" as per the compile instructions below.
Note: Latest "Multi Colors" version requires SourceMod 1.7.0+
Old Release Commit (Working with SourceMod 1.5.0 if you are using version 3)
You can download the latest version of the SourceMod "Multi Colors" include file(s) from:
More Colors (morecolors.inc):
Note: Latest "More Colors" version now requires compiling with SourceMod 1.5.0+ and does not work properly for at least CS:GO
You can download the latest version of the SourceMod "More Colors" include file from:
Note: This include is no longer supported and fails on some newer mods/servers
You can download the latest version of the SourceMod "Colors" include file from:
Download the "afk_manager.phrases.txt" and save to your addons\sourcemod\translations
Download using the "Get Plugin" link and save to your addons\sourcemod\plugins
Download the "afk_manager4.sp" using the "Get Source" link and save to your addons\sourcemod\scripting
If you want Automatic Update support you need to:
A) Have the "Updater" plugin already loaded/running
B) Compile the AFK Manager with the corresponding "updater.inc" include file. *
* The "updater.inc" file should be saved in the addons\sourcemod\scripting\include directory before compile.
Please read the requirements section for more details.
If you want Color support you need to compile with the color include file(s), please read the requirements section for more details.
For "Multi Colors" there are currently 3 include files that need to be used:
"multicolors.inc" should be installed to addons\sourcemod\scripting\include directory.
"colors.inc" (From Multi Colors) should be saved to addons\sourcemod\scripting\include\multicolor s directory.
"morecolors.inc" (From Multi Colors) should be saved to addons\sourcemod\scripting\include\multicolor s directory.
Otherwise for "More Colors" or "Colors", download the corresponding include file and save to addons\sourcemod\scripting\include directory.
To Compile with Debug Enabled:
Open the "afk_manager(3 or 4).sp" in a text editor and set "_DEBUG" to 1
Compile the plugin and install as per normal.
If you get an error I would first recommend updating your SourceMod.
Server Console Variables (ConVars)
* Note: The cfg file should be automatically created when the plugin is first loaded in cfg\sourcemod\afk_manager.cfg. If you delete this file it will re-create with the correct (default) cvars on plugin start/map change.
- sm_afkm_version - Current version of the AFK Manager. (No edit)
- sm_afk_enable - Is the AFK Manager enabled or disabled? [0 = FALSE, 1 = TRUE, DEFAULT: 1]
- sm_afk_autoupdate - Is the AFK Manager automatic plugin update enabled or disabled? (Requires SourceMod Autoupdate plugin) [0 = FALSE, 1 = TRUE]
- sm_afk_prefix_short - Should the AFK Manager use a short prefix? [0 = FALSE, 1 = TRUE, DEFAULT: 0]
- sm_afk_prefix_color - Should the AFK Manager use color for the prefix tag? [0 = DISABLED, 1 = ENABLED, DEFAULT: 1] (Requires compiling with SourceMod Colors include)
- sm_afk_force_language - Should the AFK Manager force all message language to the server default? [0 = DISABLED, 1 = ENABLED, DEFAULT: 0]
- sm_afk_log_warnings - Should the AFK Manager log plugin warning messages. [0 = FALSE, 1 = TRUE, DEFAULT: 1]
- sm_afk_log_moves - Should the AFK Manager log client moves. [0 = FALSE, 1 = TRUE, DEFAULT: 1]
- sm_afk_log_kicks - Should the AFK Manager log client kicks. [0 = FALSE, 1 = TRUE, DEFAULT: 1]
- sm_afk_log_days - How many days should we keep AFK Manager log files. [0 = INFINITE, DEFAULT: 0]
- sm_afk_move_min_players - Minimum number of connected clients required for AFK move to be enabled. [DEFAULT: 4]
- sm_afk_kick_min_players - Minimum number of connected clients required for AFK kick to be enabled. [DEFAULT: 6]
- sm_afk_admins_immune - Should admins be immune to the AFK Manager? [0 = DISABLED, 1 = COMPLETE IMMUNITY, 2 = KICK IMMUNITY, 3 = MOVE IMMUNITY]
- sm_afk_admins_flag - Admin Flag for immunity? Leave Blank for any flag.
- sm_afk_move_spec - Should the AFK Manager move AFK clients to spectator team? [0 = FALSE, 1 = TRUE, DEFAULT: 1]
- sm_afk_move_announce - Should the AFK Manager announce AFK moves to the server? [0 = DISABLED, 1 = EVERYONE, 2 = ADMINS ONLY, DEFAULT: 1]
- sm_afk_move_time - Time in seconds (total) client must be AFK before being moved to spectator. [0 = DISABLED, DEFAULT: 60.0 seconds]
- sm_afk_move_warn_time - Time in seconds remaining, player should be warned before being moved for AFK. [DEFAULT: 30.0 seconds]
- sm_afk_kick_players - Should the AFK Manager kick AFK clients? [0 = DISABLED, 1 = KICK ALL, 2 = ALL EXCEPT SPECTATORS, 3 = SPECTATORS ONLY]
- sm_afk_kick_announce - Should the AFK Manager announce AFK kicks to the server? [0 = DISABLED, 1 = EVERYONE, 2 = ADMINS ONLY, DEFAULT: 1]
- sm_afk_kick_time - Time in seconds (total) client must be AFK before being kicked. [0 = DISABLED, DEFAULT: 120.0 seconds]
- sm_afk_kick_warn_time - Time in seconds remaining, player should be warned before being kicked for AFK. [DEFAULT: 30.0 seconds]
- sm_afk_spawn_time - Time in seconds (total) that player should have moved from their spawn position. [0 = DISABLED, DEFAULT: 20.0 seconds]
- sm_afk_spawn_warn_time - Time in seconds remaining, player should be warned for being AFK in spawn. [DEFAULT: 15.0 seconds]
- sm_afk_exclude_dead - Should the AFK Manager exclude checking dead players? [0 = FALSE, 1 = TRUE, DEFAULT: 0]
- sm_afk_move_warn_unassigned - Should the AFK Manager warn team 0 (Usually unassigned) players? (Disabling may not work for some games) [0 = FALSE, 1 = TRUE, DEFAULT: 1]
Plugin Developer Information & Examples
- sm_afk_spec - Usage: sm_afk_spec <#userid|name>
If you are a plugin developer who wants to add mod specific or server specific functionality to the AFK Manager or to be able to detect AFK status in your own plugin you can now use the Native and Forwards I have created to do so. If you want a generic AFK feature to be added which would be beneficial to any mod, post in the thread so I can review.
Information can be found in the afk_manager.inc and the features are currently implemented in the latest release, I believe the functions are about 80% complete, so be aware they could change in the future. I am open to any feedback on whether you want to get more information from the AFK Manager or whether you think any of the current functions should change.
Example Plugins for Developers
I have written a small example plugin for Counter-Strike to show a few methods of how you can use the natives, this doesn't use any of the forwards at this point:
The plugin was based off RedSwords original AFK Bomb plugin (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=152329
In the example you can see how I check for "Active" Terrorist players (Not marked as AFK for even 1 second) in the AFK_RandomBomb() function using AFKM_IsClientAFK().
You can also see how I have created a timer for any players with the Bomb and take action after a certain amount of AFK time in the Timer_CheckPlayer() function using AFKM_GetClientAFKTime().
Please note while I was making this I found there was a bug in the CS_DropWeapon() function for CS:GO where the toss was not working which has been fixed in release 184.108.40.20609 and 220.127.116.1101
Thanks to the #SourceMod guys for their input help and fixes.
If people are interested in me enhancing this to actually be a full blown sister plugin with certain features I can look into it i.e. adding notifications/translations.
* See the afk_manager.changelog.txt for old version information.
- Added new Native AFKM_GetSpectatorTeam which will retrieve the currently detected AFK Team Number, details can be found in the afk_manager.inc
- Added new Native AFKM_SetClientImmunity which will allow third party plugin developers to set the immunity mode of players. Details can be found in the afk_manager.inc
- Added new Forward AFKM_OnInitializePlayer which fires during the InitializePlayer event. Details can be found in the afk_manager.inc
- Changed Admin immunity functions and checks to be more flexible and allow for the new Natives.
- Fixed a bug where players who were AFK while the MOTD dialog was up and moved to Spectator team were afterwards unable to join any team.
- Changed UnItializePlayer() to fire during the player_disconnect Game Event rather than OnClientDisconnect_Post to avoid it firing during map changes, this allows for external plugin settings i.e. Setting Client Immunity to transverse map changes.
- Changed the InitializePlayer() to not set Immunity if one already exists for the player.
- If AFK Move is enabled globally yet an individual client has Kick Immunity, we no longer kick the immune client during AFK Spawn checking.
- The default Immunity variable was not being set to the proper default which may have caused some issues with Admin Immunity, this has been fixed.
- Changed InitializePlayer() to fire inside OnClientPostAdminCheck instead of OnClientPutInServer to fix Admin Immunity checks.
- Fixed AFKM_SetClientImmunity Native as the function was picking up the immunity parameter as the client id.
- AFK Move functions were not working if the move time was exceeded, this could happen in instances where Immunity types are changed ad-lib, this should now be fixed.
Please let me know if you experience any issues or problems.
Completed Language Translations
- Asherkin - For finding the CSGO team change limit offset.
- Psychonic & Asherkin - For fixing mouse detection functionality in the SourceMod core.
Other plugins made by me:
Anti-TK Manager: http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=80554
- English (By Rothgar)
- French (By Cadav0r)
- Russian (By Snake60 & SelaX)
- Spanish (By eradeejay)
- German (By Guggie & Spawn86)
- Portuguese (By away000 & paulo_crash)
- Hungarian (By KhyrOO & blue zebra)
- Polish (By Zuko & Arcy)
- Turkish (By ZuCChiNi)
- Norwegian (By checkster)
- Norwegian (By checkster)
- Italian (By Obyboby)
- Czech (By Wooky_)
- This is an old release which is no longer kept up-to-date and only available for older SourceMod releases. It can be found in the afk_manager_old.zip
- This was the previous version. It can be found in the afk_manager_old.zip
- This is the current version.
Most people should use the new version that is NOT in the zip file.
Compiled Download with More Colors and Updater
If you are looking for a compiled download of the latest version of the AFK Manager which includes both "More Colors" and "Updater" include files, you can use the Updater download URL http://afkmanager.dawgclan.net/plugins/afk_manager4.smx
The compiled download URL should be static and contain the latest version of the plugin if you for example want to add to server provisioning scripts or similar, please also make sure you get the translation file either through the forum or via the Updater download URL http://afkmanager.dawgclan.net/trans...er.phrases.txt