I am proud to announce that I have released AMX Mod X 1.50
Beta. This is a very large release, which noticeably decreases CPU and memory usage, adds greater functionality, and adds a few new goodies for people to play with, such as a brand new installer. The notes that follow are important.
You can get the binaries at SourceForge
or the Downloads Page
. The improved installer will also install the new official AMX Mod X Editor.
The full changelog is too long to post, so click here to get it
- AMX Mod X now requires Metamod-p24 or Metamod 1.18. Metamod 1.18 will not be released for a few more days. We have bundled Metamod-p24 with the installer and you can download it here: metamod-p.sf.net.
- The version of Small has been upgraded to 3.0, and the name was changed to "Pawn" by ITB CompuPhase. The web compiler for Pawn will go live once 1.50 is deemed to be stable.
- Old modules will not run - the API had to be changed for Small 3.0.
- The .amxx plugin format was changed. Old plugins will still work, except in debug mode. However once the web compiler goes live, the 1.50 plugins will not run on earlier versions of AMX Mod X.
- A few features were deprecated. If you were using them, post in the scripting forum.
Again, this is a beta release, so please post in bug reports so we can make patch it up if need be. This release would not have been possible without the hard work of the following people:
Basic-Master: Newest AMX Mod X developer
twistedeuphoria: Moderator, beta testing CVS
faluco: Translator, making sure CVS was sane
theqizmo (u), fysh: Debugging CVS and memory leaks
Lynx: The new, function-packed ESF module
As always, thanks for your continued support!
Short changelog (actual one
is ~50 lines long)
- Removed the internal metamod in AMX Mod X (CPU hog)
- Upgraded to Small 3.0 (Pawn)
- Deprecated require_module for an automatic required module detection system
- Fixed many serious memory leaks
- Added register_native, plugins can now make their own natives
- New MySQL, ESF, TSFun, and nVault modules
- New multi-page menu generating system
- New installer, and official Editor
- Improved plugin debugger (this changed .amxx file format)