[ANY] SteamWorks

Post New Thread Reply   

ThatOneGuy
Veteran Member
Old 11-07-2014 , 12:52   Re: [ANY] SteamWorks
Reply With Quote #181

Quote:
Originally Posted by abrandnewday View Post
So, say I was to want to use this to make a plugin that detects and logs Family Sharing players to a TXT file....would that be possible and if so, what would be a good place to start (like maybe a specific function or something)?
Alternately, you could steal some coding from my plugin here: https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=240626

That is Sourcebans 1.4.11, edited to check bans on owner IDs, ban game owner if alt account is banned, check IP for bans with same IP (which would help on your TF2 server), print notifications to server and admins console for each connecting player (listing their ID and the owners ID), log players whose ID doesnt match the owners ID, and ban any alts that they try to ban evade with. As always, you're free to grab any code related to what you're looking for.

But, if you're only wanting the logging piece, go with Dr. McKay's.
404UserNotFound
BANNED
Old 11-07-2014 , 15:12   Re: [ANY] SteamWorks
Reply With Quote #182

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatOneGuy View Post
Alternately, you could steal some coding from my plugin here: https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=240626

That is Sourcebans 1.4.11, edited to check bans on owner IDs, ban game owner if alt account is banned, check IP for bans with same IP (which would help on your TF2 server), print notifications to server and admins console for each connecting player (listing their ID and the owners ID), log players whose ID doesnt match the owners ID, and ban any alts that they try to ban evade with. As always, you're free to grab any code related to what you're looking for.

But, if you're only wanting the logging piece, go with Dr. McKay's.
See, I'd use that modified SourceBans, except once again, I don't think TF2 is Family Sharing-eligible because it's a Free To Play title.

I may still give it a try though...
Dr. McKay
Sir Dr. SourceMod Plugin Approver Esq. Ltd. M.D. PhD
Old 11-07-2014 , 15:20   Re: [ANY] SteamWorks
Reply With Quote #183

Quote:
See, I'd use that modified SourceBans, except once again, I don't think TF2 is Family Sharing-eligible because it's a Free To Play title.

https://steamdb.info/app/459
Old 11-07-2014 , 15:46   Re: [ANY] SteamWorks
Reply With Quote #184

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. McKay View Post
Ohhhh, so Premium players are unable to use TF2 in Family Sharing.

https://steamdb.info/app/440/

TF2 as it stands however is able to be shared. So it's those sneaky F2Ps I've gotta watch out for.
Dr. McKay
Sir Dr. SourceMod Plugin Approver Esq. Ltd. M.D. PhD
Old 11-07-2014 , 18:28   Re: [ANY] SteamWorks
Reply With Quote #185

Quote:
Ohhhh, so Premium players are unable to use TF2 in Family Sharing.

https://steamdb.info/app/440/

TF2 as it stands however is able to be shared. So it's those sneaky F2Ps I've gotta watch out for.
I'm no expert on family sharing, but I find it highly unlikely that family sharing uses a shared sub 0 license.
Old 11-08-2014 , 03:27   Re: [ANY] SteamWorks
Reply With Quote #186

Quote:

As I mentioned, the feature that would be most useful for you TF2 server is that it checks IPs for bans. Sourcebans doesn't quite do this by default. Thus, if they get banned on one account, then switch to another, but dont change their IP address, they will be re-banned on the second account. We use this technique on all of our TF2 servers and catch a lot of ban evasions with it.
WildCard65
Veteran Member
Old 11-08-2014 , 12:44   Re: [ANY] SteamWorks
Reply With Quote #187

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatOneGuy View Post
As I mentioned, the feature that would be most useful for you TF2 server is that it checks IPs for bans. Sourcebans doesn't quite do this by default. Thus, if they get banned on one account, then switch to another, but dont change their IP address, they will be re-banned on the second account. We use this technique on all of our TF2 servers and catch a lot of ban evasions with it.
except most people have dynamic ips
Old 11-08-2014 , 12:48   Re: [ANY] SteamWorks
Reply With Quote #188

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildCard65 View Post
except most people have dynamic ips
In the US most cable ISPs don't really rotate IPs unless you force it (which I won't explain in a public forum) or they perform system updates.

Typically, users can have the same IP for months on end, even if they reboot their modems.
WildCard65
Veteran Member
Old 11-08-2014 , 13:06   Re: [ANY] SteamWorks
Reply With Quote #189

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubka3 View Post
In the US most cable ISPs don't really rotate IPs unless you force it (which I won't explain in a public forum) or they perform system updates.

Typically, users can have the same IP for months on end, even if they reboot their modems.
that depends on how your isp company configured the dhcp service.
Old 11-12-2014 , 00:36   Re: [ANY] SteamWorks
Reply With Quote #190

Can you expose ISteamGameServer::RequestUserGroupStatus?