Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

View Poll Results: Are you interested in this theme being released?
Yes, I would love this theme! 30 85.71%
Nope, not interested... 5 14.29%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Custom SourceBans++ Theme In Development

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

daleGEND
AlliedModders Donor
Old 03-02-2016 , 16:28   Custom SourceBans++ Theme In Development

Hi All,

I wasn't quite sure where to post this, but I've been working on creating a custom SourceBans++ theme for my gaming community and I thought some other communities might like it as well. I'm still working heavily on the responsive parts of the design, but so far so good. If you notice funky things, let me know.

http://dev.bor3dgaming.com

This theme is developed for only the most modern browsers. I won't be supporting anything lower than IE 11. Why? Because. I haven't done extensive mobile testing yet, but it looks good on my Nexus 6P. If anyone wants to take a look on their device, let me know. Once again, I'm not supporting Windows Phones or any other crazy mobile devices. I'll be sticking to the mainstream with this one folks.

The theme is built using the Bootstrap 4 Alpha framework. I coded it in SCSS as well, but I don't know if I'll be releasing the source files. I've heavily modified all of the theme template files (minus a few I'm still working on). So this isn't just a "upload a css file" and go type of scenario.

I know SourceBans++ 2.0 is in development, so I've made this for 1.5.4-stable. That's the version I'll be supporting for now until further development to the 1.5 branch has been committed in GitHub. Once 2.0 is stable I'll consider re-creating this for that as well.

If you're interested, just vote and I'll decide to release this based off the interest. Also appreciate any feedback too. If it's no good, tell me. I think it's solid, but needs some more polishing. Thanks for your feedback and interest!

Feel free to add me on STEAM as well: https://steamcommunity.com/id/b0r3d

Last edited by daleGEND; 03-02-2016 at 16:35. Reason: Added further detail...
Wilczek
AlliedModders Donor
Old 03-02-2016 , 16:54   Re: Custom SourceBans++ Theme In Development

It looks very nice, but personally I have a one problem with modern sourcebans themes - they take too much space. If you look at classical SB theme, it vertically fits FullHD screen (more or less). And it's great for productivity, because you have everything in one place. Maybe you could think of some 'lite' version as well?
Old 03-02-2016 , 18:27   Re: Custom SourceBans++ Theme In Development

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilczek View Post
It looks very nice, but personally I have a one problem with modern sourcebans themes - they take too much space. If you look at classical SB theme, it vertically fits FullHD screen (more or less). And it's great for productivity, because you have everything in one place. Maybe you could think of some 'lite' version as well?
Sorry, not sure what you mean. Do you mean "lite" in terms of file size or minimal in terms of design?

ocwoody
AlliedModders Donor
Old 03-02-2016 , 22:16   Re: Custom SourceBans++ Theme In Development

Quote:
Originally Posted by daleGEND View Post
Sorry, not sure what you mean. Do you mean "lite" in terms of file size or minimal in terms of design?
He's talking about how your design is fluid, while the old sourcebans had a fixed design.

I like the design iteself, look forward to a release.

Wilczek
AlliedModders Donor
Old 03-03-2016 , 05:42   Re: Custom SourceBans++ Theme In Development

Quote:
Originally Posted by daleGEND View Post
I mean it takes too much space vertically. You have to scroll up and down to see the data even with short lists (just 1 server and a few bans on your site). However, I very like your flat design and the way you tackled the menu

Last edited by Wilczek; 03-03-2016 at 05:43.
daleGEND
AlliedModders Donor
Old 03-03-2016 , 09:28   Re: Custom SourceBans++ Theme In Development

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilczek View Post
I mean it takes too much space vertically. You have to scroll up and down to see the data even with short lists (just 1 server and a few bans on your site). However, I very like your flat design and the way you tackled the menu
Hmm I see. I feel as though everyone has this notion that people are afraid to scroll, but I don't believe that's true. Trying to cramp everything so it's high up on the page would only make the design as cluttered and hard to read as it is now with SourceBans. That's of course, my opinion though.

I don't imagine I'll be making a "tighter" version of this, but I'll look to remove excessive padding where I can or where it doesn't make much sense.

braak0327
AlliedModders Donor
Old 03-03-2016 , 11:20   Re: Custom SourceBans++ Theme In Development

can I try this theme for my server?
it's too beautiful...
chc
Old 03-03-2016 , 11:23   Re: Custom SourceBans++ Theme In Development

I agree with above posts that it is too large for default display. The flow is off as well. maybe would be better if it wasn't so large
daleGEND
AlliedModders Donor
Old 03-03-2016 , 11:23   Re: Custom SourceBans++ Theme In Development

Quote:
Originally Posted by braak0327 View Post
can I try this theme for my server?
it's too beautiful...
Once I get an idea if people are interested in it, I'll consider releasing it. I still need to do some extensive bug testing on it to make sure it's safe.

daleGEND
AlliedModders Donor
Old 03-03-2016 , 11:46   Re: Custom SourceBans++ Theme In Development

Quote:
Originally Posted by chc View Post
I agree with above posts that it is too large for default display. The flow is off as well. maybe would be better if it wasn't so large
I'll look into reducing some of the padding in some spots.

Closed Thread