Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[L4D/L4D2] Character Select Menu (2.5a/b)

Post New Thread Reply   

Marttt
Veteran Member
Old 03-01-2021 , 22:30   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Character Select Menu (2.5a/b)
Reply With Quote #831

I recommend using Merudo fork version.

Or jeremy fork version.

I fixed an error while loading the cookies on player spawn (based on Merudo version).

Spoiler

And an enum error on SM1.11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merudo View Post
Recommended plugin: The Passing CSM Fix 2.0 (prevents game breaking bugs if L4D1 survivors are used in The Passing)
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (survivor_chat_select.sp - 1432 views - 27.0 KB)

Last edited by Marttt; 03-30-2021 at 09:50.
Mi.Cura
Veteran Member
Old 03-02-2021 , 08:24   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Character Select Menu (2.5a/b)
Reply With Quote #832

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marttt View Post

Or jeremy fork version.

I fixed an error while loading the cookies on player spawn (based on Merudo version).

Spoiler
Thanks Mart, I had this error.
Sappykun
Old 03-03-2021 , 01:38   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Character Select Menu (2.5a/b)
Reply With Quote #833

Now that there's a bunch of forks popping up, and given that the original plugin is completely busted, I might go ahead with making a new thread sometime this week.
I'd also say mi123645's Character Select Menu (this thread) should be unapproved since it's highly outdated and tries to fix bugs that no longer exist (specifically with Bill's netprop and spawning CI with his model loaded, this bug was fixed by Valve years ago but the plugin still tries to work around it), but that would mean unapproving Merudo's fork as well...

In the meantime, I've posted a new version of my SCS fork to my Gitgud page. It applies Mattt's fix alongside some other fixes for bugs I've found, including loading custom models with filenames longer than 64 characters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMoneyYo View Post
OK! Now that I'm at page 83, im totally confused over what I should be downloading and installing. This mod seems great to change my character AND change my character model... i think.

Can someone kindly point me at which update/package i should get?
Don't use the plugin in the original post.
Merudo's SCS is preferred if you want only the 8 stock survivors. Marttt's version is the same, but fixes a bug with loading cookies.

I have a fork as well, which is specifically for custom model support. I tossed it onto a Git repo (see above) with some example models here.

I say go with my fork or Mattt's patch, depending on if you want custom survivors or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xada View Post
EDIT: upon further testing I notice using things like CSC to change a bot works until they are defibbed or the map changes, then they almost always revert to another bot (ie a custom model ellis will become straight up nick on revive/map change)
Unsure if this is the mod's behavior exactly but it seems consistent with other plugins used-- is there any possible workaround for bots to stay as the custom-model survivors without resetting?
sm_csc doesn't set cookies, only sm_csm does that.
The plugin currently doesn't have any method of controlling which bot gets which skin outside of the "least prevalent survivor" selection process.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xada View Post
My friend and I have been experimenting with hexing extra survivor models over and for the most part this seems to work, however I notice the two models provided (Reimu and Taokaka) appear to crash the sever as soon as you attempt to use any sort of incapped crawling (I currently use this plugin for the functionality: https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=1291588 ) with the error:
"174/ - commentary_dummy: UTIL_SetModel: not precached: models/serioussaturdays/survivors/taokaka"
That's because that specific plugin uses a hardcoded limit of 42 characters when checking the player's model, specifically on line 693. Changing 42 to PLATFORM_MAX_PATH fixes the issue, one line fix.
I attached a patched version of the Incap Crawl plugin. See below.
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (l4d2_incapped_crawling.sp - 317 views - 29.7 KB)
Xada
Old 03-03-2021 , 02:40   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Character Select Menu (2.5a/b)
Reply With Quote #834

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sappykun View Post
Now that there's a bunch of forks popping up, and given that the original plugin is completely busted, I might go ahead with making a new thread sometime this week.
It's very good to see continued interest in this plugin, it's become a staple of my server.

Further testing has yielded some results however that I feel should be noted:

1. The maximum custom character limit appears to be around 55 or so extra survivors. Any more than this causes the server to crash immediately on the initial server loading process when it gets to the plugin. May seem like a lot but having friends request stuff hits the limit pretty quick, sadly.

2. The plugin seems to assign identities impressively well, however some specific instances such as fall-screams or vocalizations via mods like Gear Transfer mod are always randomized on characters.
Case in point: Survivor will be a Coach-based model, but yet when falling can have any of the 8 survivor's screams (ie. Coach falls, screams like Zoey. Or transferring pills to a character with, say, Louis will give Bill's Pills response line.) Humorous, but strange.

3. Weapon attachments seem bugged out sometimes, for instance the beta/TRS Francis I have in custom models sometimes shows with a pistol inside his face. This isn't that big of an issue since I've seen it with all CSM-style plugins, so no biggie here and it usually fixes itself somewhere along the lines anyway.

At any rate, looking forward to future revisions and the upcoming release you mentioned!
Sev
Veteran Member
Old 03-03-2021 , 12:27   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Character Select Menu (2.5a/b)
Reply With Quote #835

I've kinda gone away from csm and all 8 survivors. If its not one thing, its another. I'd like to be able to enjoy the new talker fixes provided by the TLS update, without having them tied to a survivor set. Its easy to blame the TLS team, but at the same time, they aren't making updates with csm in mind or they would've come out with an official all 8 survivor, bug free mutation.
Silvers
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Old 03-04-2021 , 03:38   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Character Select Menu (2.5a/b)
Reply With Quote #836

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sappykun View Post
That's because that specific plugin uses a hardcoded limit of 42 characters when checking the player's model, specifically on line 693. Changing 42 to PLATFORM_MAX_PATH fixes the issue, one line fix.
I attached a patched version of the Incap Crawl plugin. See below.
Thanks I have updated.
Old 03-04-2021 , 12:51   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Character Select Menu (2.5a/b)
Reply With Quote #837

Sappykun thanks for the work to get this updated. Much appreciated, even by newbs like me.

I have taken your config folder and merged it with:
\left4dead2\addons\sourcemod\configs
I have taken your scripting folder and merged it with:
\left4dead2\addons\sourcemod\scripting

I have configured \left4dead2\cfg\server.cfg and added the following:
/////////////////////////
//[L4D2] Survivor Chat Select 2
////////////

l4d_csm_admins_only 0 //[0/1] Should admins get exclusive access to the CSM menu?
l4d_scs_botschange 1 //[0/1] Should new bots spawn as the least prevalent survivor?
l4d_scs_cookies 1 //[0/1] Toggles cookie storage
l4d_scs_zoey 0 //[0/1/2] Which prop does Zoey get? 0 is Rochelle (for Windows servers), 1 is Zoey (for Linux servers), 2 is Nick (for Windows servers with FakeZoey)

After restarting the server,
ive tried all the commands and they dont work in the dev console and chat (i am admin btw)
!csc
csc
!csm
csm
!sm_csm
sm_csm
!sm_csc
sm_csc

And nothing worked. What am I doing wrong? I figured i followed everything perfectly. thanks. Note: I am running the latest sourcemod version.

Last edited by GMoneyYo; 03-04-2021 at 13:26.
weffer
Old 03-06-2021 , 19:47   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Character Select Menu (2.5a/b)
Reply With Quote #838

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marttt View Post

Or jeremy fork version.

Spoiler

I have an error compiling sm 1.11, something has to be adapted ?

https://ibb.co/zGMbVnP
https://ibb.co/2gDyjjg
Slaven555
Old 03-07-2021 , 00:16   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Character Select Menu (2.5a/b)
Reply With Quote #839

Quote:
Originally Posted by weffer View Post
I have an error compiling sm 1.11, something has to be adapted ?

https://ibb.co/zGMbVnP
https://ibb.co/2gDyjjg
Enum () you need to remove ()
Marttt
Veteran Member
Old 03-07-2021 , 08:56   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Character Select Menu (2.5a/b)
Reply With Quote #840

Thanks, updated.