Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Strange problem with all plugins

Post New Thread Reply   

Polonius
Old 01-03-2013 , 16:54   Strange problem with all plugins
Reply With Quote #1

I have a rather vanilla L4D2 set of modded servers but an odd thing keeps occurring. I customize the .cfg files for plugins I add as I want but some of the cvars in the files keep reverting back to the default values for the cvars I changed. It's bizarre. There is no consistent pattern. Some cvars for some plugins might revert when I restart the server. Different random cvars revert when I add another plugin. This happens on all my servers. Different cvars for different plugins revert at different times. I have had to put the 20 or so cvars in the server.cfg to get them not to revert back to the defaults. I rent Linux servers from a game host. Can anyone offer any suggestions?
Jelle
[b]MOAR CANDY[/b]
Old 01-03-2013 , 22:01   Re: Strange problem with all plugins
Reply With Quote #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rules
  • Do not disrupt the readability of a thread with huge lengths of texts, wild color/font variations, or large images (this includes making the main body of all your posts a different font/color/style).
As for your question, when you provide no information AT ALL we have no chance in helping you. We cannot read minds, nor do we wish to interrogate you about your own server. Ask your host, they should know if they are at least a decent one.
Polonius
Old 01-04-2013 , 05:01   Re: Strange problem with all plugins
Reply With Quote #3

I'm so sorry! I just tried to make the text bold so it is easier to read! The bold was available in the message box so I assumed we were allowed to use it. I guess I was wrong. I'm really sorry if it looks so bad it is annoying to anyone. As for additional information, I don't know why the problem is occurring so I gave all the information I thought was relevant. I'm sure you don't want me to do a dump here of all my plugins and all my configs. I posted here to see if anyone else has seen a similar problem. I really had no idea my post was so incomplete and offensive!
Jelle
[b]MOAR CANDY[/b]
Old 01-04-2013 , 09:25   Re: Strange problem with all plugins
Reply With Quote #4

When you do not read the rules and decide to post anyway it is offensive to almost everyone. It won't take more than a minute to read and understand them.

Provide the output of the following server console commands:

Quote:
version
meta list
meta version
amxx plugins
amxx version
Polonius
Old 01-04-2013 , 10:26   Re: Strange problem with all plugins
Reply With Quote #5

Of course I read the forum rules before I posted. I just can't see where it says you can't put your post in bold. If you mean this rule :[ Do not disrupt the readability of a thread with huge lengths of texts, wild color/font variations, or large images (this includes making the main body of all your posts a different font/color/style)]..is using Bold considered a "wild color/font variation?" I just put it in Bold, I didn't change the font, color/style. Did I disrupt the readability by using Bold? I would understand I was breaking the rules if I posted what you did above. Please enlighten me so I don't do it again!

Last edited by Polonius; 01-04-2013 at 10:45.
G-Dog
Old 01-04-2013 , 12:06   Re: Strange problem with all plugins
Reply With Quote #6

main body means don't make the whole thing bold, just parts that need to stand out, the thing that stood out to me was l4d2 which means you want the sourcemod sub forum not superhero which this is
Jelle
[b]MOAR CANDY[/b]
Old 01-04-2013 , 13:52   Re: Strange problem with all plugins
Reply With Quote #7

Oh lol I didn't even see it was for L4D2.

It irritates me to read the bold text, and the fact that I didn't even get that it was for L4D2 should tell you how bad it is to write everything in one style, except normal text.
Polonius
Old 01-04-2013 , 17:00   Re: Strange problem with all plugins
Reply With Quote #8

Wow I am heartily sorry for all the people I offended here today by my bold text. I really didn't know. Jelle, thank god you were here to notice this serious issue and reprimand me for my ignorance! I am new to the forum and still learning what is acceptable and how kind of you to make me feel so welcome! My original question is of no consequence now, compared to this terrible breach of protocol on my part. Again, I apologize from the depths of my soul.

Last edited by Polonius; 01-04-2013 at 17:03.
BANNED
Old 01-22-2013 , 22:07   Re: Strange problem with all plugins
Reply With Quote #9

The entertainment world is obsessing over Katie Holmes right now because of her high-profile divorce from Tom Cheap Men's Bottega Veneta Wallets, and I'm focusing on her as well, but for different reasons. I've had a thing for Katie since her Dawson's Creek days, and as much as she and her life has changed since then, her style has been on an upward trajectory. Knockoff Marc Jacobs Shoulder Bag Since news of her divorce hit the media, Katie has focused on living a more down-to-Earth lifestyle with her adorable tot Suri. I usually cringe at the weekly celeb rags that have a section claiming celebrities are just like us, but it looks like Katie is actually trying to achieve a more normal existence, from walks to school to grocery store visits to riding on the Replica Burberry Hobo Nova. Just because she is trying to live a more normal life doesn't mean the paparazzi is allowing it, though - they continue to follow her every move. This week, they followed Katie underground and onto the subway, where Katie tried to fit in like the rest of us New Yorkers on the the most common form of NYC transit. We've already covered the many Cheap Mulberry Holdall Bags of Katie Holmes, and today, it's your turn - what, exactly, is that bag that Katie has in these pictures?