Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Release Legacy SourceBans 1.4.11 (Updated 2014/02/17)

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

recon0
Veteran Member
Old 08-27-2008 , 18:39   Re: SourceBans (1.3.0) (UPDATE)

Quote:
Originally Posted by emotears View Post
i think you have failed to read again......

you had said that

when in fact he wasn't bashing SB he was just complaining about the latest update.

i admitted that i bashed it. because you guys fail to test it in the environment that is required by your system requirements page or really test it at all. Your program still says that it requires php 4.0 recommends 5.0, but you guys say that it requires 5.2. so if you guys are not testing the program that is required per your system requirements page then your tests environment is flawed. as i stated in the other forum.

also there couldn't have been to much testing on the release in the downloads section since with it you get.

there is no gid field in the bans table nor is there any code to add it there.

that was gathered off a fresh install of 1.3.0
The gid issue has been fixed here.

Everyone,

Stop bashing the SB dev team. They are doing the best they can.

Remember that if you update the web interface to 1.3 that you must ALSO update the plugin since changes have been made to the bans table.

I have written a SQL script to update everyone's SVN based SB installs to 1.3 or the latest SVN rev.

There was one query in the 112 update file that made no sense to me, so I did NOT include it in the attached script.

The above query set RemoveType and RemovedOn to null for all bans with a RemoveType of U and a RemovedOn that is not null. In English, that means it sets RemoveType and RemovedOn for all unbanned bans. That didn't make any sense to me.

*** UPDATE ***
I fixed a SQL error on one of the queries and added two new ones.

WARNING: Use the attached script at your own risk.

BACKUP YOUR DATABASE BEFORE RUNNING THE ATTACHED SCRIPT!!!
Attached Files
File Type: zip sb_update_script.zip (1.1 KB, 173 views)

Last edited by recon0; 08-30-2008 at 19:48.
Dog_Pound
Old 08-27-2008 , 23:34   Re: SourceBans (1.3.0) (UPDATE)

First for the Sourceban guys, I want to thank you for taking the time to work on this for us all. I think it's terrific that you do that. The tool has been great for us and with 3 servers, we all love it.

The update to 1.3 was very easy on my webhost btw so the planets were aligned for me in having the right software....lol.

The error msg that follows:
[SM] Native "GetClientIP" reported: Client 11 is not connected

This seems to be something that is popping up with a lot of the plugins. I get this now with your new release (didn't with the previous version) but was already getting it for sodstats (that gentleman said it was pretty harmless and it doesn't seem to have affected anything on our servers over a good period of time now),

This is on a linux with sourcemod 1.1 and version 2441. So I haven't worried about that at all, everything all the web seems fine. Should I be worried?

My windows server (same 1.1 version for windows) is giving me a tad different error msg with the update to 1.3 but doesn't seem to be affected badly so looking for advice on what I should do. Should I ignore the messages, run your script above (unsure if necessary as I don't think I'm having the issues these others must be having) or should I be doing something different?

Here's the messages, each showed up once during the last 17 hour period:
L 08/27/2008 - 06:28:15: [SM] Native "SQL_EscapeString" reported: Invalid database Handle f000a4 (error: 2)
L 08/27/2008 - 22:030: [SM] Native "SQL_EscapeString" reported: Invalid database Handle eb500a4 (error: 2)

I'm running PHP 5.2.5, MSQL 5.0.51a on a Linux webhost, got PhPMyAdmin too.

PS: Please don't get too technical, I'm not a programmer though I follow directions real well...lol

Thanks in advance!
recon0
Veteran Member
Old 08-28-2008 , 01:54   Re: SourceBans (1.3.0) (UPDATE)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog_Pound View Post
First for the Sourceban guys, I want to thank you for taking the time to work on this for us all. I think it's terrific that you do that. The tool has been great for us and with 3 servers, we all love it.

The update to 1.3 was very easy on my webhost btw so the planets were aligned for me in having the right software....lol.

The error msg that follows:
[SM] Native "GetClientIP" reported: Client 11 is not connected

This seems to be something that is popping up with a lot of the plugins. I get this now with your new release (didn't with the previous version) but was already getting it for sodstats (that gentleman said it was pretty harmless and it doesn't seem to have affected anything on our servers over a good period of time now),

This is on a linux with sourcemod 1.1 and version 2441. So I haven't worried about that at all, everything all the web seems fine. Should I be worried?

My windows server (same 1.1 version for windows) is giving me a tad different error msg with the update to 1.3 but doesn't seem to be affected badly so looking for advice on what I should do. Should I ignore the messages, run your script above (unsure if necessary as I don't think I'm having the issues these others must be having) or should I be doing something different?

Here's the messages, each showed up once during the last 17 hour period:
L 08/27/2008 - 06:28:15: [SM] Native "SQL_EscapeString" reported: Invalid database Handle f000a4 (error: 2)
L 08/27/2008 - 22:030: [SM] Native "SQL_EscapeString" reported: Invalid database Handle eb500a4 (error: 2)

I'm running PHP 5.2.5, MSQL 5.0.51a on a Linux webhost, got PhPMyAdmin too.

PS: Please don't get too technical, I'm not a programmer though I follow directions real well...lol

Thanks in advance!
The GetClientIP error means that the player whose IP is being checked either disconnected or the client index is invalid in some other way.

The invalid handle on SQL_EscapeString probably means that somewhere the handle to the database (the connection) was screwed up in some way.

Last edited by recon0; 08-28-2008 at 03:20.
newn01
Old 08-28-2008 , 07:20   Re: SourceBans (1.3.0) (UPDATE)

Hi all, i get this error when banning someone Query failed! Column 'sid' cannot be null.
I'm using latest version of sourcemod, metamod (of course not for orangebox and for windows), 5.0 mysql, newwest version of wamp too. Is there any fix for that error?
HSFighter
Veteran Member
Old 08-28-2008 , 10:59   Re: SourceBans (1.3.0) (UPDATE)

Quote:
Originally Posted by newn01 View Post
Hi all, i get this error when banning someone Query failed! Column 'sid' cannot be null.
Use this for your Database:

Code:

INSERT INTO `sb_admins` ( `aid` , `user` , `authid` , `password` , `gid` , `email` , `validate` , `extraflags` , `immunity` ) 
VALUES (NULL , 'CONSOLE', 'STEAM_ID_SERVER', '', '0', '', '', '0', 0);

ALTER TABLE `sb_bans` CHANGE `aid` `aid` INT( 6 ) NULL

Sorry for my very bad english
Greetings HSFighter
Send a message via ICQ to HSFighter
newn01
Old 08-28-2008 , 11:12   Re: SourceBans (1.3.0) (UPDATE)

Thanks, i didn't put server number in the cfg file, but thank you.
Olly
Old 08-28-2008 , 18:11   Re: SourceBans (1.3.0) (UPDATE)

Quote:
I have to say this was the worst update by far.

Had to do 90% of it manually and still doesn't work correctly.

the updater was the biggest joke i have seen thus far

Well, if you are just going to bash things, not post constructive criticism, or post bugs.. what do you expect us to do? -- We can't possibly test EVERY single part of the system every time a new version is ready.

And whats wrong with the updater.. it has worked for EVERYONE else who was using the standard 1.2 version.

// Yarrrr!
Send a message via MSN to Olly
emotears
Old 08-28-2008 , 19:45   Re: SourceBans (1.3.0) (UPDATE)

this is all a moot issue. Someone on your team must have actually tested the 1.3 build and seen the issues that we with it. There was many sql problems in that build. So i think it's best for both parties to just end this. Although i think someone should inform you team that there is a difference between bashing your update and saying it just doesn't work. The ban on your chat for Cc2iscool there was really sad to say the least. but i digress.

The comment was posted from your forums and brought here to start more of a issue then what was currently there. mainly by the looks to switch focus of you teams lack of maturity for dealing with issues about your application. I only bashed the update. If i found the program a whole to be a issue i would not have wasted my time on posting. Yes granted I could have been more descriptive however that was not the case in point on 'this' forum.

I spent a lot of time in your guys forum support your application when people would post for support issues. 1.1 and 1.2 worked quite nice. I stopped once it became quite apparent that your team didn't know how there own application worked and couldn't change a simple variable in the program. After trying to talk with someone about different issues in the past i found it quite useless to try since your team doesn't care about listening to them.

i eventuality just modded your 1.2 client, fixing the bugs with it and making it track kicks and implemented a warn system into it. It's a nice addition to warn someone x amount of time on y issue before there kicked/banned automatically or kick x amount of time for y issue before there banned for z length. saves work on the admins.
recon0
Veteran Member
Old 08-28-2008 , 22:04   Re: SourceBans (1.3.0) (UPDATE)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olly View Post
Well, if you are just going to bash things, not post constructive criticism, or post bugs.. what do you expect us to do? -- We can't possibly test EVERY single part of the system every time a new version is ready.

And whats wrong with the updater.. it has worked for EVERYONE else who was using the standard 1.2 version.
How is that possible? There was and still is (lines 59 - 66) invalid SQL in the 112 update file.

Any chance you could tell me what that query does exactly? The way I read it is that it sets RemoveType and RemovedOn to null for all bans with a RemoveType of U and a not null RemovedOn column value, which I read as banning everyone who had been unbanned by an admin.

Is that what's supposed to be happening or?

Last edited by recon0; 08-28-2008 at 22:21.
DJ Tsunami
DJ Post Spammer
Old 08-29-2008 , 06:23   Re: SourceBans (1.3.0) (UPDATE)

Quote:
So i think it's best for both parties to just end this.
I'm not going to bother to reply to anything else.
Quote:
Originally Posted by r3recon View Post
How is that possible? There was and still is (lines 59 - 66) invalid SQL in the 112 update file.

Any chance you could tell me what that query does exactly? The way I read it is that it sets RemoveType and RemovedOn to null for all bans with a RemoveType of U and a not null RemovedOn column value, which I read as banning everyone who had been unbanned by an admin.

Is that what's supposed to be happening or?
Then you read it wrong. With Peace-Maker re-adding the PruneBans function to the banlist that query became useless, but it runs fine in phpMyAdmin, so it's far from invalid SQL.

Last edited by DJ Tsunami; 08-29-2008 at 06:27.
Closed Thread