az
Old 08-17-2005 , 15:02  
Reply With Quote #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by scout121
Killed: 1 hit Death: 1 hit
Killed: 1 hit, 1 hit Death 1 hit
Killed: Death 1 hit

All you do is full auto in this game with nay gun and the only thing you ever hit is someones head from no matter any distance. The hardest thing to hit should be their head for crying out loud.
Look I have had a server for around 8 months now and play quite often so I have seen the progression of this game. What you are saying is a load of crap. Its nothing like that... Played for the first time since beta? Whatever...
We have had a server since before 1.3 so we have played CS for quite some time. CS:S is easily the best version out now. Although I am kind of torn between that and CZ (which we also had a server for). I can't even stand HL1 cs anymore. Although last time I played it the kills racked up just as easily.

nohasslecs.com
CS:S server = 64.94.35.205:27400
scout121
Old 08-17-2005 , 18:52  
Reply With Quote #12

Yea ive been playing since the end of 1.4 so I have something to compare it to also. And thats how the map unfolded in all honesty. One hit kills all over the place. Graphics are better but the game play needs vast improvements imo. Hitting heads should be difficult especially from a distance. Ever since 1.6 was released the game has become more newcomer friendly with each installment. You dont need to get pissed off for what i said. Its what I experienced.

SourceMod, im waiting for you darling.
manorastroman
Old 08-18-2005 , 15:57  
Reply With Quote #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by az
netcode is fine, registration is fine, hitboxes are fine. In fact they almost seem tooo good.
Yes there are still a lot more players in hl1 cs. However, amxx was working just fine last time I used it. And as these guys get new equipment, they will start moving to new games. CS:S will be one of them. I say think ahead.

There are 20,000 CS:S servers online. I think thats pretty damn good. Sourcemod would certainly get a lot of use.
Hmm, let's see. Battlefield 2 has 64 players with tanks, jets, jeeps, artillary firing everywhere and zooming around, has awesome graphics. All of this runs with little to no lag.

What does source have? Some dust clouds and some barrels! OOH! BARRELS! Shoot the barrels? LAG. Have multiple people jumping at the same time? LAG.
There's obviously something wrong with the netcode there.
Never Fall Asleep
Old 08-18-2005 , 20:19  
Reply With Quote #14

Astro: SOOO tru.
netcode is garbage
az
Old 08-21-2005 , 02:35  
Reply With Quote #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroman

Hmm, let's see. Battlefield 2 has 64 players with tanks, jets, jeeps, artillary firing everywhere and zooming around, has awesome graphics. All of this runs with little to no lag.

What does source have? Some dust clouds and some barrels! OOH! BARRELS! Shoot the barrels? LAG. Have multiple people jumping at the same time? LAG.
There's obviously something wrong with the netcode there.
Well I don't have these issues at all. The game runs great for me. Sorry to hear you have these problems with the game. I never lag at all. And I haven't bothered with BF2 but then I always hated online war/fragging games with vehicles. I prefer to stick to single player for that crap. However, I do have a few friends that play BF2. They say it runs no better than CS:S.
And what I really don't get, is why are you on this forum if you hate CS:S so bad?