12% 

[L4D2] Weapon Unlock v0.8.1

Post New Thread Reply   

GrossKopf
Old 01-17-2010 , 15:32   Re: [L4D2] Weapon Unlock v0.3.9
Reply With Quote #251

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson_Fox View Post
It's put on hold ATM. I'd love to see it myself, but it's a good deal more complicated than the weapons. I'm working on making the plug-in stable and getting the weapons on other modes first.
The team working on the L4D conversions for L4D2 managed to add a knife to their maps. Might want to ask them about it.
0cube
Old 01-17-2010 , 15:56   Re: [L4D2] Weapon Unlock v0.4
Reply With Quote #252

it is cool that the css snipers do more damage now . But would there also be a possibility to give those weapons the power to kill riots also from the front?
And if yes, a cvar to enable/disable it would be cool
RenegadeXR
Old 01-18-2010 , 02:54   Re: [L4D2] Weapon Unlock v0.4
Reply With Quote #253

As part of my autoexec.cfg, I have the command "sm plugins refresh." This makes the game freezes up with the error
Quote:
Host_Error: CVEngineServer:PrecacheModel: 'models/w_models/weapons/w_rifle_sg552.mdl' overflow, too many models
Tested on two completely fresh installations of L4D2 using different teams' releases. I disabled all other plug-ins but yours, so I believe it's the culprit. The problem must have began somewhere in the 3.0 series of builds. I have been using an earlier release up until now and it didn't have this issue.

I'm not familiar with Left 4 Dead 2's libraries and natives, but I poked through your code and saw that PrecacheHiddenWeaponModels() is called every time the plugin is loaded. Within the function, the native PrecacheModel() routine is called for each Counter Strike weapon. By refreshing plugins in the console, like I'm doing, it attempts to grab a precache a second time and I believe this causes an overflow.

I don't know if either of these are possible, but two solutions that come to mind:
1) Only call the PrecacheHiddenWeaponModels() routine when a game actually starts. (But I doubt you made a call to this function during the initialization unless you really needed to, so maybe this isn't feasible.)
2) Add logic to determine if the caches have been loaded already, and if so, skip the call to the routine during initialization. (No idea if there is such a way.)

Last edited by RenegadeXR; 01-18-2010 at 03:39.
shotgunelvis
Old 01-19-2010 , 13:08   Re: [L4D2] Weapon Unlock v0.4
Reply With Quote #254

Can you re-post version 3. You fixed the rain crash and did not have this rifle crash error. Thanks and nice job.
slash4218
Old 01-19-2010 , 14:56   Re: [L4D2] Weapon Unlock v0.4
Reply With Quote #255

using the latest version of this plugin, I've noticed that when using the SIG rifle, when you get incidiary/explosive ammo the gunfire sounds revert to M16 gunfire sounds. This also happens with the MP5 reverting to Silenced SMG and AWP to Military Sniper.
RenegadeXR
Old 01-19-2010 , 16:27   Re: [L4D2] Weapon Unlock v0.4
Reply With Quote #256

Even after removing any plugin refresh commands from my autoexec file, I'm noticing a lot of other various bugs in 0.4. I cannot seem to run a game for more than 3 minutes at a time before inevitably some gun-related model error causes it to crash.

I second the request for some earlier versions to be reposted. I really wanted a plugin that simply enables counterstrike weapon damage so I can use it in conjunction with the points/award plugin. I don't actually need weapons to spawn in the rotation, nor the ability to modify damage values nor the ability to give players bats, etc.

I really appreciate your contribution, but I think it's getting a little too ambitious to the point where it may be better to develop multiple plugins so you can isolate errors associated with different features from one another. It's important to keep code clean and manageable every step of the way before adding on more features. Otherwise, debugging becomes a real pain

Last edited by RenegadeXR; 01-19-2010 at 16:29.
lexantis
Old 01-19-2010 , 21:40   Re: [L4D2] Weapon Unlock v0.4
Reply With Quote #257

I haven't had a single crash with 0.4 it works good for me
Send a message via ICQ to lexantis
alexccs
Old 01-19-2010 , 22:38   Re: [L4D2] Weapon Unlock v0.4
Reply With Quote #258

report:
0.4 crashed on my coop server(win) which WU worked for over 2 days(5Xhrs) without problem, then server crashed changelevel with pop up error on awp mdl, last 2 lines of log(hlstatsX) show:

Loading map c4m3_sugarmill_b
Started map c4m3_sugarmill_b

They did used the awp in c4m2, seems no one carried awp into c4m2 safe house.

Last edited by alexccs; 01-19-2010 at 23:06.
Crimson_Fox
Old 01-19-2010 , 23:57   Re: [L4D2] Weapon Unlock v0.4
Reply With Quote #259

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkaP View Post
It should be noted the crash in c4m2_sugarmill_a -> c4m2_sugarmill_b only happens in COOP and never in versus but I did get this yesterday testing out the AWP.
How often is it happening for you? Also, are you using a plug-in to spawn the weapons? If so, which one?
Crimson_Fox
Old 01-19-2010 , 23:57   Re: [L4D2] Weapon Unlock v0.4
Reply With Quote #260

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicStryker View Post
version 0.3.9

Had the SPY item problem on Hard Rain 1. Models were different from actual weapons.

No errors logged
Was this on a linux or windows dedicated/listen server?