Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

[CORE] is_user_bot() returns true on human players

Orangutanz
Veteran Member
Old 07-18-2006 , 20:14   Re: [CORE] is_user_bot() returns true on human players

Carried out research it seems that hooking GetPlayerAuthId is the best option, just before a bot enters this is set to "BOT" if its a player I'd imagine it'll be null until its been verified.
KWo
AMX Mod X Beta Tester
Old 07-19-2006 , 07:32   Re: [CORE] is_user_bot() returns true on human players

I don't remember exactly what was the method before using FL_FAKECLIENT flag to check in AMX / AMX X if the player is a bot or not, but that old method failed in the situation when the player joined and bot got kicked then old AMX and old AMX X were confused about that new player and he was recognized as a bot or at least as a user without his rights (for example admins). So need to check in old AMX X 0.16 sources what was the method to check if the user is a bot. If it was GetPlayerAuthId, it would be better if You forget about it ...
Orangutanz
Veteran Member
Old 07-19-2006 , 08:05   Re: [CORE] is_user_bot() returns true on human players

Old method never checked this, it checked ClientConnect data a bot never connects it just goes into ClientPutInServer since it doesn't have an IP.

However saying that AMX/X does send this information to scripts, to emulate bots connecting etc.

Last edited by Orangutanz; 07-19-2006 at 08:09.
BAILOPAN
Old 08-24-2006 , 17:15   Re: [CORE] is_user_bot() returns true on human players

I have fixed up this a bit with revision 2964. It now checks the bot value once and caches it. It checks with a fallback to GETUSERAUTHID.

If you see problems with this in 1.76 still, I can remove the caching part so it checks every call.

Note that fakefull itself is a bit weird and is probably buggy. I imagine it's not setting bot properties correctly.

Last edited by BAILOPAN; 08-24-2006 at 17:18.