Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Porting original metamod to metamod:source

Post New Thread Reply   

!NC!Furious
Old 10-05-2008 , 23:18   Porting original metamod to metamod:source
Reply With Quote #1

Hey guys. I am a complete noob when it comes to this stuff. I have the original BMX metamod files for multiweapons, etc. I was wondering how hard would it be to port it over to be used in CS:Source. I am willing to do what I can to help, i am a noob though. Let me know if this is possible. Any help is greatly appreciated.
!NC!Furious
Old 10-07-2008 , 10:34   Re: Porting original metamod to metamod:source
Reply With Quote #2

I have searched all over the forums here.....can't seem to find anything about multi weapons in CS:S. Please guys.....any help?
L. Duke
Veteran Member
Old 10-07-2008 , 10:42   Re: Porting original metamod to metamod:source
Reply With Quote #3

I'm assuming a bmx file is a compiled plugin for amxmodx and you want to port it to SourceMod (not metamod:source)???

You'd need to start with the source code rather than the compiled version. Also, some things done in the HL engine are very different in the HL2 code base and either don't work or work differently.

Having multiple weapons in one weapon slot is one of those things. CS on the HL engine still had a lot of the HL code left in place which allowed things like NPCs and multiple weapons in one slot. With CSS, very little (if any) of the HL2 code was left so some things just aren't possible.
!NC!Furious
Old 10-07-2008 , 11:06   Re: Porting original metamod to metamod:source
Reply With Quote #4

I have the original source code of bmx, but I don't have a clue what to do with it to port it over. Question.......In the Superheroes mod, The Punisher can carry multiweapons correct? Would it be possible to get multiweapons from whatever code that uses? Sorry to hammer you with questions, but I'm super noob to all this. Thanks for the reply though man.

Last edited by !NC!Furious; 10-07-2008 at 11:09.
L. Duke
Veteran Member
Old 10-07-2008 , 12:20   Re: Porting original metamod to metamod:source
Reply With Quote #5

Possibly. I looked for a punisher in the superhero source section, but I couldn't find mention of him. Do you have a link?
!NC!Furious
Old 10-08-2008 , 16:57   Re: Porting original metamod to metamod:source
Reply With Quote #6

I was talking about The Punisher in the old superhero mod. I looked in the new mod section as well and found no punisher either. I'm just looking to be able to carry and use multiple primary and secondary weapons in CS:Source. I'm so lost here bro I dont know what to say......lol. I don't know if this helps explain what i need/mean.